Home The Bridge
Options

Dilemma reward change?

I just received only honor and chrons from The Cost of Living. I didn't pay attention how much in total though. Definitely no purple (I had two purples before, and two purples after the dilemma), and no gold rations.

7apaiovpy90u.png

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread on here about 3-6 months ago asking what we would like as dilemma rewards. I think the answer was honor.
  • Options
    edited April 3
    I had the same problem with getting honor (I think it was 150) for what's usually a guaranteed super-rare or better in cost of living. Not totally worthless since it barely helped me get one more behold for the honor sale event, but still a disappointing reward.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we are:

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20877/voyage-dilemma-rewards-discussion
    There was a thread on here about 3-6 months ago asking what we would like as dilemma rewards. I think the answer was honor.

So it‘s a nerf, instead of a SR behold which grants 200 honor for dismissal,
    we get 150 honor only? Just asking. Not that it matters much.

If it was instead of rations it would be good.

It also means reduced chances of getting and additional star I need, one of the few super-rares I don't have, or adding stars to my Binars.
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    Anything instead of rations is good. (Maybe not anything-anything, such as trainers or Crayton schematics, or optronic circuits, but anything remotely useful.)

Chances for any useful purple for me are now at about 7.4%. That means I'm missing out on one useful purple for every 13 times I'm getting honor directly. By the time, I've received honor for the 13th time, chances will have further decreased, maybe to 5% or 3%... It probably looks similar for any seasoned player. With those figures, there's really no reason for complaints. The additional chances for useful purples we got through voyage beholds are much greater than the chances for purples that we "lost" (i.e. never gained) by replacing rations with honor - for seasoned and new players alike.
  • Options
    According to the post in Starfleet Communications about an hour ago, honor has replaced replicator rations in dilemma rewards. Didn't say it was only 150 though - still better than rations I suppose.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is jo way they will respond. Honor is far better than rations. But how much is the question they really should answer. 150 honor is still worse than honor plus chronitons plus crew. But better than rations.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is jo way they will respond. Honor is far better than rations. But how much is the question they really should answer. 150 honor is still worse than honor plus chronitons plus crew. But better than rations.

Exactly. It's better than before, but better is not the same as good.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5
    Frankly, I do not understand why they want to put a lesser reward in. Just give us the super rare crew.

At one time the ration was just given on the first visit after an upgrade. Now it seems they have put in the reward table.

Edit: This is a level 3 dilemma. They never put this on the level 2 or 1 dilemma. If implemented on those the ration still would have been the loser, but not as big a deal. Now if they did it , it would be the winner because of it now being 150 honor.
  • Options
    As soon as we get official word on what the new reward is, exactly, I will start purchasing again. (Assuming it isn't worse.)
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    But still worse than just giving us the purple crew that the rations were originally replacing. They ask us for feedback, they ignore that feedback, then they do what they were going to do anyway. What is the point of any of it?

@STT Community I guess you're not going to respond to this either, since you never did respond to that feedback no matter how often you were prompted?

Greetings Captain, as others have mentioned a scout from previous months suggested that Honor would be a good Dilemma reward. But we can contact the team in order to offer a possible suggestion for a SR Behold. Thoughts? LLAP
  • Options
    Did they simply replace rations with honour or did they also increase the chances of getting it instead of a purple card? The last two times I got that dilemma, I got honour and no crew. Granted, one person is not a significant sample but it does seem like they nerfed it. I got rations every other week before and now it's 150 honour a couple times a week. ( I got 150 honour three times, twice on Cost of living and once on another).
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice that the powers that be are silent on responding to legitimate questions. That is disappointing. It does not inspire trust.

Unfortunately, this has been a recurring theme lately. And as you very aptly said, it does not inspire trust.
    Therefore, as I promised, I have ended my boycott of purchases and bought a monthly pass. I would consider more, but there are still unanswered questions.

I too have been boycotting purchases. I used to spend quite a fair bit. More than I'd like to admit to be honest, although I'm sure far less than a lot of the whales.

I'm not yet at a point where that will change any time soon. The trust is simply not there.
  • Options
    But still worse than just giving us the purple crew that the rations were originally replacing. They ask us for feedback, they ignore that feedback, then they do what they were going to do anyway. What is the point of any of it?

@STT Community I guess you're not going to respond to this either, since you never did respond to that feedback no matter how often you were prompted?

Greetings Captain, as others have mentioned a scout from previous months suggested that Honor would be a good Dilemma reward. But we can contact the team in order to offer a possible suggestion for a SR Behold. Thoughts? LLAP

Please, please, please go back to that thread where we suggested that. You'll see numerous follow-up comments regarding how the original question was badly worded, how honor was the best reward from the selected options but still not a good option. You'll also see questions that we asked you directly, that you never bothered to answer.

Don't ignore our feedback, then attempt to cite that same feedback as a justification for your continued mistakes.

Honestly, bringing up that thread at this point is just unmitigated gall.

Greetings Captains,
    While the forums is a great source of Feedback, is not the only source where we gather feedback from rest assured. We're always aiming to keep improving your game experience through mechanics, features and rewards. Yesterday we passed notes to the team regarding the petition to go back to old rewards. LLAP
  • Options

Please, please, please go back to that thread where we suggested that. You'll see numerous follow-up comments regarding how the original question was badly worded, how honor was the best reward from the selected options but still not a good option. You'll also see questions that we asked you directly, that you never bothered to answer.

Don't ignore our feedback, then attempt to cite that same feedback as a justification for your continued mistakes.

Greetings Captains,
    While the forums is a great source of Feedback, is not the only source where we gather feedback from rest assured. We're always aiming to keep improving your game experience through mechanics, features and rewards. Yesterday we passed notes to the team regarding the petition to go back to old rewards. LLAP

I notice that you STILL haven't answered any of the questions we asked you.
  • Options

Greetings Captains,

How can we help you? We can't answer quick questions such as "How much honor" or specific amounts of rewards since that decision comes from our Product Team. All our notes are always welcome for game changes. Let us know in here which questions you want answer for and we will try our best. LLAP
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Greetings Captains,

How can we help you? We can't answer quick questions such as "How much honor" or specific amounts of rewards since that decision comes from our Product Team. All our notes are always welcome for game changes. Let us know in here which questions you want answer for and we will try our best. LLAP

But the questions being asked are about a change that has already been made and implemented, without any communication to players about the specific details. We're just seeking clarity on something that is already in the game.
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭

Greetings Captains,

Look like everyone else has missed this phrase: "petition to go back to old rewards". I don't think anyone is petitioning to go back to the rations! They just want to make sure the chance of a purple crew/purple behold/gold behold hasn't gone down, because to some people it feels like it has.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL:DR

Replacing the Trainers with Honour = good thing
    Replacing the 4 🌟 Behold/5 🌟 BeGold with less Honour = bad thing

Clarification on which have been "replaced" {a completed action} is what we are asking for.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Clarification on which have been "replaced" {a completed action} is what we are asking for.

It would also be nice to get the % for each option in the various dilemmas, or at least to understand if there were any changes made to the % at the same time the rewards themselves were changed.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

It would also be nice to get the % for each option in the various dilemmas, or at least to understand if there were any changes made to the % at the same time the rewards themselves were changed.

Yes. This, too.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    @STT Community The original proposal was to replace the trainers with 150 honor. The subsequent feedback once you made this clear (feedback that you apparently ignored, you certainly never responded to it) was that 150 honor was an improvement over the worthless trainers, but it was still worse than the 4* crew that the trainers were replacing.

So, what we primarily want to know right now is how much honor are we now getting in place of the 4* crew? Because that's not specified in the original announcement here: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21205/client-release-notes-10-1-0-steam-facebook#latest

If the amount of honor that we are now getting is 200 or less, then this is still a lousy substitution. If it's significantly more than 200 honor, then it may be worth giving up a 4* crew for. Without this information, we can only assume that you've gone with the initial (terrible) suggestion of a measly 150 honor, which is why people are angry. Especially given your insistence that this was a change that we requested, which is simply not true.
  • Options
    I'm not angry. I am, however, not inclined to put as much effort into the game as I once did because I don't have confidence that I am understood. I am happy that some change has been made, even if it is still filler and still not as good as it should be. I am jot asking for another change at this point. In fact, I ended my purchasing boycott. At the same time, some easy questions have been asked. It is absolutely fine to reply, "I don't know; I'll ask." But the main questions are not difficult. And I am not trying to be difficult. As I said, anything is better than what it was and we know they want to give us filler for some inexplicable reason. I just want to know what the amount is and if the percentage possibility is still the same.