Home The Bridge
Options

Voyage Dilemma Rewards Discussion

Greetings Captains, over the past weeks we have received some feedback regarding the Rewards provided by the Voyage Dilemmas. After careful consideration with the team, we are going to provide some changes to this system. We would like to know your feedback regarding one of these resources being included as a possible additional reward:

- 150 Honor
- 250 Merits
- 25,000 Credits

Let us know what you think. LLAP

Comments

• Options
    I'm assuming this is replacing the reviled replicator ration.
    Honor all day every day
    Or why not all three? Do a behold and let the player pick from your choices.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please replace Replicator Rations with Honour!!!!!

💯💯💯💯💯💯

🤠😁🤠😁🤠
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Honor
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Honor. Thank you. 🖖🏻
    Assuming this decision is based on the thread in engineering….Hears to hoping that.. “adding” to dilemma translates to replacing rations in a behold

Edit: oh, and please do not adjust or downsize honor elsewhere in the game to compensate for a slight “possible” increase in voyage dilemmas
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, honor is the one resource everyone needs.
  • Options
    Honor, and ideally more replicator rations if possible.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, over the past weeks we have received some feedback regarding the Rewards provided by the Voyage Dilemmas. After careful consideration with the team, we are going to provide some changes to this system. We would like to know your feedback regarding one of these resources being included as a possible additional reward:

- 150 Honor
    - 250 Merits
    - 25,000 Credits

Let us know what you think. LLAP

Is this being added to dilemmas or straight drops? Which dilemmas? There isn't enough information provided to assess anything.

Given the incomplete information, honor is the only resource I need. So anything else is worthless.

But I will note, if you add 150 honor to the replicator rations, that's still not enough. A normal 4* dilemma is 100 honor, a sr crew likely worth 200 honor, and 75 chrons. Anything less than that is still a downgrade. If it's straight honor it needs to be at least 300 honor to make up for what we would get from a normal 4* dilemma. 150 honor will still generate just as many complaints.
  • Options
    Agreed - everyone needs honor. This should replace replicator rations and trainers IMHO.
  • Options
    More honor, please, especially after the voyage exceeds 10 hours. Would be ok with a behold to choose from honor, merits or credits as mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor.

But that is such a minor amount. We get more from airlocking a crew.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Anything less than that is still a downgrade.

Anything more than replicator rations is an upgrade.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honour is always preferable.

250 merits will usually turn into about 60 honour with the small potential for a lot more. 25000 credits is even less honour with a much smaller potential for more.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Honor is the most useful of those resources by far.

But I agree with the earlier comments, you haven't given us enough information. How are these hypothetical rewards going to be added to the dilemmas? What are they a replacement for?

If this is instead of the universally hated replicator rations, just give us the purple crew that we should be getting anyway. Because if you think that any of these are a suitable replacement for a crew card, you're sorely mistaken. Especially if you're offering us less honor than we could get in exchange for a duplicate crew card anyway.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Honor is the most useful of those resources by far.

But I agree with the earlier comments, you haven't given us enough information. How are these hypothetical rewards going to be added to the dilemmas? What are they a replacement for?

If this is instead of the universally hated replicator rations, just give us the purple crew that we should be getting anyway. Because if you think that any of these are a suitable replacement for a crew card, you're sorely mistaken. Especially if you're offering us less honor than we could get in exchange for a duplicate crew card anyway.

Indeed.

In a different thread they actually solicited suggestions for alternatives to the rations. I suggested magnisite. It is a filler, which is obviously what they want. But it is worth something. For most complete fleets, 1000 magnisite is an easy day's work. So it isn’t anything that breaks the bank, so to speak. However, it is better than any other filler. Plus, it would be enough of a compromise to get me to pay again. 150 honor is better than rations, but doesn't come close to the crew and honor and chronitons we are missing 5% of the time.

I just hope this isn't something being done to add more filler. Because that would not make me play more. It will probably make me play less. Already the 1% chance of a gold crew has disheartened me into caring less since I've managed to get rations 14 times and only 1 purple behold. It destroys confidence.
  • Options
    honor
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I lean slightly towards credits as that is a blocker for retrievals, especially now with more quantum from continuum missions.

However without knowing what rewards this covers, it's hard to know if it would be a meaningful change. Honor may well be simpler.
  • Options
    I vote for credits. The daily replicator uses and crew retrievals significantly deplete my credits. Honor is also good.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    My 3rd account needs credits. But, I would like to know how this will work.

As far as my main and second account, I would say credits again. Because I do not think I would get 150 honor more a voyage, but a fraction. Because I do not think the dilemma would come up that often.
  • Options
    IMHO, I'd replace the replicator rations with honor (minimum 500). I'd also make the rewards in general be better the longer the voyage runs. Nothing like running 40+ hours and not getting a single 4* crew. I understand it's the RNG, but you can shift the scaling based on the voyage length.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for listening!
  • Options
    My vote is on 25,000 credits.
  • Options
    Credits! I have loads of merits and honor, but I have 7000 Quantum that's sitting unused because it's waiting for credits.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credits or honor are both fine, from a crew retrieval standpoint, they have similar value in adding a star, just get rid of the pointless replicator rations. Also, Please increase the gold crew drop rate. I have been running 12-14 hour voyages every day and still haven't gotten one. The RNG and odds are really frustrating.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it replace the replicator rations, then it does not matter which honor or credits.
    On certain dilemmas there would be a 5% chance of the drop occurring.

The amount of merits are too low for anyone to choose them. And, Frankly when we need credits this chance for 25,000 is not going to be a difference maker.
  • Options
    Thank You Captains, as far as we can see Honor is the most popular choice. We will send note to the devs regarding this. LLAP
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You Captains, as far as we can see Honor is the most popular choice. We will send note to the devs regarding this. LLAP

Can you also pass along the apparent majority opinion that the amount is kind of low? Should be at least on par with the Honor for a 4 🌟 being airlocked.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

This is a completely meaningless conclusion. The most popular choice was for you to give us enough information to make a reasoned, informed decision. Please don't communicate anything to the devs without communicating with us first.
  • Options

Can you also pass along the apparent majority opinion that the amount is kind of low? Should be at least on par with the Honor for a 4 🌟 being airlocked.

I feel I can bet you almost anything at a ten to one rate that they won't increase the amount.

This is a completely meaningless conclusion. The most popular choice was for you to give us enough information to make a reasoned, informed decision. Please don't communicate anything to the devs without communicating with us first.

Very good point. We don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
  • Options

I feel I can bet you almost anything at a ten to one rate that they won't increase the amount.

Very good point. We don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

I'm fairly sure at this point that the lack of information is 100% the point. They're going to come up with some way to cheat us out of more rewards, fob us off with a tiny amount of honor, then point to this thread and say that it's what we asked for.

Nobody in the business of communication is this bad at it by accident. It has to be deliberate on their part.
  • Options

We've heard your complains in Forum, Socials, and Stream regarding this issue and that why we propose some variant rewards for you to choose the one you would prefer instead of rations. We want to improve your Game experience, as far as we can see this thread tends to choose the Honor choice, What other information would you need to make a choice? We would be glad to hear that LLAP