Home The Bridge
Options

Haunted Vessels Phase 2

What happens in phase 2? Will I lose my intel? i haven't been able to play much yesterday and idk how much i'll be able to play today.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cool thanks a lot Frank.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing has changed from the last event:
    You keep your intel
    The intel cost of each skirmish resets, so it goes from 1200 back down to 1 and re-escalates.
    The 5 ships you face change slightly.

I *think* that's it.

That's my recollection as well.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits change as well.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty was also increased last event in phase 2, I suspect it will be again (people with maxed legendary ships and great arena crew probably don't notice).
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty was also increased last event in phase 2, I suspect it will be again (people with maxed legendary ships and great arena crew probably don't notice).

Sure didn't
  • Options

Well for me this event is way to hard. Been playing for 5wks. I have the D'kora Krayton and the Prakesh both at lvl 5. I can only use those on the epic. No matter what crew I use ," even my highest lvl ones" I can't beat the first ship. ( You would think my lvl 5 - 5* ships would be able to at least beat the first 1) I have no 4* ships, 2 low lvl 3* , 3 mid to low lvl 2* and the 1* constellation class at lvl 5. The constellation class is the one I use since it has the best overall rating and since I stand no chance in epic.
    When this event started I could only beat the first 3 ships on normal mode. Now I can only beat the first one. This event is definitely geared for the veterans only!!!! >:)
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ships are a bit difficult. It used to be the dabo wheel would pay out the 2nd row schematics constantly. Now almost never so it is very difficult to level up ships.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Was going to upload a pic, but it says I have to be around longer to post links.

• Options
    RavenX wrote: »

Well for me this event is way to hard. Been playing for 5wks. I have the D'kora Krayton and the Prakesh both at lvl 5. I can only use those on the epic. No matter what crew I use ," even my highest lvl ones" I can't beat the first ship. ( You would think my lvl 5 - 5* ships would be able to at least beat the first 1) I have no 4* ships, 2 low lvl 3* , 3 mid to low lvl 2* and the 1* constellation class at lvl 5. The constellation class is the one I use since it has the best overall rating and since I stand no chance in epic.
    When this event started I could only beat the first 3 ships on normal mode. Now I can only beat the first one. This event is definitely geared for the veterans only!!!! >:)

I think expecting to clear the most difficult tier of missions with just 5 weeks of play is a bit ambitious.
    I didn't say anything about clearing out difficult tier missions. This is about the event going on. Pretty sad that a lvl 5, 5* ship like the D'kora krayton with The Borg Queen lvl 90, Waitress Ezri lvl 80, Drone Seven of Nine lvl 80 and Rakal Troi lvl 60 can't even beat the very first ship in the event.
    Not to mention the other crew members that I've tried.
  • Options

I think expecting to clear the most difficult tier of missions with just 5 weeks of play is a bit ambitious.
    I didn't say anything about clearing out difficult tier missions. This is about the event going on. Pretty sad that a lvl 5, 5* ship like the D'kora krayton with The Borg Queen lvl 90, Waitress Ezri lvl 80, Drone Seven of Nine lvl 80 and Rakal Troi lvl 60 can't even beat the very first ship in the event.
    Not to mention the other crew members that I've tried.

I'm sure that Peachtree Rex was also talking about the event. Your ship and crew aren't leveled enough at 5 weeks. That's why they offer lower tiers of EVENT missions.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend — a quick search or a little time spent scrolling through the Bridge would have told you the exact same question has been asked twice before this week in unique threads (once even earlier this morning). Though, to be fair, I guess most people don't spend the same incalulable amount of time in the forums that I do. :p

5bEYrSK.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I remember when I was almost able to complete the first Epic node on The Game is Afoot 2.

My week 5 was wholly different then what you newer players are getting today.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Let's be clear on what matters for crew.
    If the crew are in a slot that they have the stat for then leveling that crew is important.
    If they are not, they can be level 1 with nothing equipped.
    However, the fuse level is always used. So FF would be preferred. But battle criteria is the most important. If using instantaneous attacks, you want someone who can give you accuracy before that attack. If you have to wait on instantaneous attack for accuracy then wait.

When it comes to ship choice try to pick your ship with highest level. But make sure that ships stats are better than lower level ones. Look at hull and shield and then the ship stats for attack, accuracy and evasion. Try to use people with the stats of the ship. But this is not mandatory. Usually you can fill two slots on a four slot ship with crew who have those stats.

To maximize bonus either put the event specific bonus crew in a slot or choose one bonus crew with trait. You only need one crew for this. However, if you do not have event specific bonus crew and are using bonus crew with trait, you will have to make sure they have the trait for next round of battles. If not, switch with someone that does.

My suggestion is to have the Breen Dukat take one slot on ship. No matter how leveled or fused you have him because you do not have to switch crew after each round of battle then. Also place him in a slot where you do not have any crew with that stat, so his level does not matter.

Edit: crew suggestion would be two crew with instantaneous attack preferably initialized before or equal to 10 seconds also I would choose nontriggered only because it is easier for battling. One crew with accuracy want it to initialize early and have duration of at least 8 seconds. Last crew is bonus having attack might be of help if battle last long.

Procedure enable crew with accuracy before any instantaneous attack. Maybe a second before you use instantaneous attacks. Use all your instantaneous attacks as they become active.
  • Options

To be really fair, the first ship on Epic in Phase 2 (the souped up Reliant) is actually the hardest ship of the five Epic ships.

I mean, it's the only one I've actually been killed on.

I haven't played on the lower difficulties, but it looks like the only difference between difficulties are that ships get souped up from their lower difficulty version when on higher difficulty.

I think it's a poor design choice to have the hardest ship be the first one, but that's just me...
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

To be really fair, the first ship on Epic in Phase 2 (the souped up Reliant) is actually the hardest ship of the five Epic ships.

I mean, it's the only one I've actually been killed on.

I haven't played on the lower difficulties, but it looks like the only difference between difficulties are that ships get souped up from their lower difficulty version when on higher difficulty.

I think it's a poor design choice to have the hardest ship be the first one, but that's just me...

I have three accounts: the main one is the oldest and breezes through all the battles in seconds; the first alt account (much younger than my main acct) does the monthly card, which has helped it grow, but I still had a terrible time getting through Epic — tried with 2 different maxed 5* ships, ISS Enterprise failed after a couple of battles, and the Krayton made it to the end, but only just barely, so I switched to Elite, using a level 8 Borg Sphere, and it's been killing it there; 3rd acct is F2P, and couldn't even get through Elite (had no maxed ships to use there), but I did great on the Normal mode using a maxed Val Jean, and cleared all the thresholds yesterday, using only about 1000 chrons in the process.

So I think the difficulty levels are fine, actually. A new player should have trouble with Epic, and even Elite, depending on their shipyard and crew roster. (Actually, what failed me on my first alt account when I tried the maxed ships on Epic was not the ships, it was the fact that my crew just wasn't strong enough.)

To Raven X — no, a level five 5* ship should not be able to complete Epic. Even doing it with a level 8 or 9 is dicey, unless it's one of the more powerful ships and you've got very good crew to put on it. If you've only been playing for 5 weeks, I'd say be happy to able to complete the Normal level for now, and keep building up your ships and crew, and you'll eventually get there. If there were no challenge to the game, a lot of us would have lost interest many months ago.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one note that I learned the hard way is that if you happen to have a skirmish open during the phase change, it will kick you out after the battle you are in and force you to enter phase 2, thus losing any unfinished battles in the current skirmish
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Edited to remove an auto correct (except Large Forge because that made me smile)

dbg76jphgk1n.jpg

Hahahahahaha love this! <3B) Thank you this has totally made my morning :D
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Edited to remove an auto correct (except Large Forge because that made me smile)

dbg76jphgk1n.jpg

I just flashbacked to Fat Albert on broadcast TV Saturday morning cartoons. Full stop. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I really knew what an event was at week 5. I certainly didn't have a good enough ship at that point, also crew.

I must admit I like to hear how new players fare, it's a reminder of how much effort I've put in to get where I am, and that I do comfortably well most events now. I've gone nuts on this one, about to break the million VP mark (a nice little record for my books).

It took me 6-8 months to be doing pretty good though. I personally think you are doing very well, sorry you aren't there yet but keep leveling and you'll be able to participate well enough in the next skirmish I'm sure.

Advice would be to level the best crew you have for arena (fours and fives) though O'Brien, Kang and Crusher of the threes might do pretty good in a pinch if you have them. And they'll be easy to FF. Arena is difficult, more so than skirmishes, so work at that and see how your ship works and try to find crew that work with your ship and importantly together. Having accuracy and attack bonuses working together is a real pleasure and working out when to trigger them is really important.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Im in the same boat as the 5 week player upstream. For phase 2, I’ve only defeated the Reliant once. Typically, my shields are close to down before I can even use my characters. I definitely need upgraded ships.
  • Options
    Everyone else still incredibly annoyed by how easy it still is to accidentally spend dilithium on extra rewards in the post-battle screen? Ugh.