Home Ready Room
Options

Not new but returning from a long hiaitus, so need a little directional advice.

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
Just needing a little focus and advice on where I should concentrate my progress. I think my crew rosta has potential. But I think I need a little direction:

4 star Crew all 1/4
Cmr T'Pol (50)
Mirror K'Ehleyr (47)
Young Khan (41)
Mirror Uhura (40)
Chief O'Brien (20)
Dr Crusher (17)

3 Star Crew
Sub Cmr T'Pol 2/3 60 - put a lot into her thinking of keeping
Sniper Reid 2/3 49
Const Odo 1/3 40 - I see as vital for the changeling, investigator traits
Brahms 3/3 33
Cmr Scott 1/3 31
Vedik Winn Adami 2/3 25 - I see as vital for cultural figure traits etc.
Lt Cmr Daren - 1/3 22
Grounds Keeper Boothby 1/3 21
Surgeon Phlox 2/3 20
Ens Mendon 1/3 20
Senator Cretax 1/3 10
Dr Carol Marcus 2/3 9
Hugh 1/3 6
Cmr Kor 3/3 4
Cpt Kassidy Yates 1/3 1 - New
Cmr Kang 1/3 1 - New
Ens Robin Lefler 1/3 1 - New
Lt Saavik 1/3 1 - New
Hockey Paris 1/3 1 - New

<I get the feeling I need to do some culling and focus on levelling up some of these>

2 Star Crew
Kirk 2/2 77 - seems a strong two star to keep around
Tucker 2/2 59
CMO Crusher 2/2 54
Riker 2/2 43
Worf 2/2 32
Ent D Picard 1/2 30
Ens Seska 1/2 29 - think is good for undercover operative
Nurse Paris 1/2 29
Major Kira 2/2 24
Leeta 2/2 23
Chakotay 2/2 20
Act. Ens Crusher 2/2 10
Ens Ro 1/2 1 - New
Away Team Archer 2/2 1 - New

My one stars I culled and only have these two
Cns Troi 45
Spock 43

On the positive I still have space to expand but if there are any you think I should ditch or stop upgrading that would be great too.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2/2's I'd level up and some of them I'd freeze. (There's another thread on what cadets are vital to cadet missions.) Actually I'd level up and freeze the 1 stars you have first as they should go easily. At the same time I'd work on the 1/4s to start leveling up and get them on Voyages so you can start earning more Chrons to keep the leveling action going.

On the 3s, Saavik/T'Pol/Winn will give you some good mileage on the weekend cadet missions especially when fused. Kang is very handy in the Arena if you play the Commander division with the BOP.

Voyages and cadet missions are going to be vital to your development at this point. Admittedly you won't get much from Voyages at first but as you build so will the rewards as you are able to make to the dilemmas you will start getting more pieces for your 2 and 3 star crew, and eventually some more 4s
  • Options
    and try not to "sandpaper" your crew by leveling/building anything/everything for anyone.
    pick 2-4 crew, "favorite them" so they are at the top of your default crew roster... and focus almost exclusively on those. when one is done.. freeze or move on to the next. (exception to this would be featured crew to do well in events)
  • Options
    It may seem hard or impossible, but try to level a 1/4* as far as possible (instead of easy 1* crew that won't help in any way). The high stats of the 1/4* will help in missions, voyages and shuttles (and probably gauntlet). It's an investment, but soon it will give you more stuff, trainers and chrons compared to when focussing on 2* crew.

It's a long and slow process, but focussing on the best crew (one at a time!) will eventually bing you to a point where you will be able to vault 1* crew in a matter of minutes without playing a single mission....

For the same reason I'm saving up Honour to get 5* citations to FF my Kortar, borg Queen and T'Kuvma instead of putting it in my 2/4* crew. The increase in stats from 4/5* to 5/5* is huge, which will result in more Honour from voyages and more trainers from shuttles. So in the long run it will become easier to upgrade 4* crew
  • Options
    Start with the fully fused characters, you've gotta have some folks that can help you farm stuff. Next, get after your cadets, they'll be vital to getting the resources you need to work on your stronger characters. You want the most combinations of female, alien, and starfleet, so Seska is the best you have, then Ro, Beverly, and Kira. Worf is a keeper. Now that you have a decent base, you can start to work on your bread and butter: people who are likely to be event characters so you can begin reliably competing in events, even the fully fused 3* rewards will help you a lot. That means bridge crew of any ST.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    I know this is off-topic, but I have to put it somewhere: how the heck do you start a thread on these forums???
  • Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    "New Discussion", top right.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    Actual new player...No help anywhere...so sorry for not being here from day one, but, jeez, a "Hi" would have been nice...
  • Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Actual new player...No help anywhere...so sorry for not being here from day one, but, jeez, a "Hi" would have been nice...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1178/beginners-guide-to-stt#latest

... Hi.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just needing a little focus and advice on where I should concentrate my progress. I think my crew rosta has potential. But I think I need a little direction:

3 Star Crew
    Sub Cmr T'Pol 2/3 60 - put a lot into her thinking of keeping
    Sniper Reid 2/3 49
    Const Odo 1/3 40 - I see as vital for the changeling, investigator traits
    Brahms 3/3 33 --> She's got a nice ENG/SCI combo (for Sat only) and some helpful traits ... I'd keep her, especially as you have her 3/3.
    Cmr Scott 1/3 31
    Vedik Winn Adami 2/3 25 - I see as vital for cultural figure traits etc.
    Lt Cmr Daren - 1/3 22 --> not really worth it.
    Grounds Keeper Boothby 1/3 21 --> not really worth it.
    Surgeon Phlox 2/3 20
    Ens Mendon 1/3 20
    Senator Cretax 1/3 10
    Dr Carol Marcus 2/3 9
    Hugh 1/3 6
    Cmr Kor 3/3 4
    Cpt Kassidy Yates 1/3 1 - New
    Cmr Kang 1/3 1 - New
    Ens Robin Lefler 1/3 1 - New
    Lt Saavik 1/3 1 - New --> a keeper, great SCI and CMD combo for Sat/Sun
    Hockey Paris 1/3 1 - New --> meh

<I get the feeling I need to do some culling and focus on levelling up some of these>

2 Star Crew
    Kirk 2/2 77 - seems a strong two star to keep around --> choose between him and Riker over who to keep for CMD for the time being, but if you are in need of crew space then Ens Ro is a better option.
    Tucker 2/2 59
    CMO Crusher 2/2 54
    Riker 2/2 43
    Worf 2/2 32
    Ent D Picard 1/2 30
    Ens Seska 1/2 29 - think is good for undercover operative
    Nurse Paris 1/2 29
    Major Kira 2/2 24
    Leeta 2/2 23
    Chakotay 2/2 20
    Act. Ens Crusher 2/2 10
    Ens Ro 1/2 1 - New
    Away Team Archer 2/2 1 - New

1. Keep all 4*s but work on some lesser crew first, they are easier.

2. I've put the names in BOLD of decent 2* and 3*s on your list that you might think about leveling. Most you'll want to have around for a while. I've also put some comments with some crew that are not really worth it.

3. You'll need a MED for Tuesday Cadet Challenges (Troi is not a great option but will do for the time being) ... look for Phlox or Kes.
  • Options

Thanks for trying to help, but there is no such link or text anywhere they I can see. Anyone else?
  • Options

Thanks for trying to help, but there is no such link or text anywhere they I can see. Anyone else?

You might need to be 2* status to start a new discussion.

If you like just type what you wanna post in here and I can start it for you.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options

aklezhyhmtmh.png
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    You need to be logged-in
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    You need to be logged-in

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm pretty sure I can figure out what "top right" means, and I'm also pretty sure that if I weren't logged in, I wouldn't be able to post comments at all.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Focus on Cadets first. Need to get up to epic missions at the least. But the Thursaday cadet missions can stay at elite for a while. I think Festive Dax is a strong 2*. So when you can get her try to fully level her and fuse her (immortalize)

I disagree with immortalizing one stars. Only immortalize them if you have the trainers to do so. Trainers may be better used on others. The one stars are usually the easiest to level. But they may not be of any use to you accept to get the achievement for immortalizing crew.

I keep Nine 2* Cadets for weekday challenges. These nine will allow me to always be successful and get all rewards for all epic missions.
    They are all FFFE (fully fused fully equipped)
    Ensign Seska
    CMO Crusher
    Nurse Kes
    Persis
    Cadet Sito Jaxa
    Lt Tasha Yar
    Festive Jadzia Dax
    Seven in Blue
    Ensign Sato

For Saturday’s I have four all FFFE.
    Lieutenant Saavik
    Sniper Ezri Dax
    B’Etor Duras (Difficult to level for a three star crew)
    Maquis Takeover Torres (I have cryoed I have been only running mission 5 on epic for most credits)

For Sunday need one more crew for epic mission 5. They need to be able to guarantee success on last node with one failure of first node.
    There are a few possibilities. Here are two
    Deanna Troi ( Do not need to build her level 99 item combadge this is a plus)
    Klingon Dukat