Home Strange New Worlds

Actor who played pilot John Christopher in TOS' time-traveling "Tomorrow Is Yesterday" dies at 85

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Strange New Worlds
Roger Perry, who played Captain John Christopher, a USAF pilot who ended up on Captain Kirk's Enterprise after it jumped in time from 2267 back to 1969, died Thursday at his home in Indian Wells. Calif., after a battle with prostate cancer. He was 85.
jwf8kaz833pw.jpg
j0af1drsoaa6.jpg

https://variety.com/2018/film/obituaries-people-news/roger-perry-dead-star-trek-harrigan-and-son-1202873294/

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Sad, that was one of my favorite episodes growing up. Hopefully we get Captain Christopher in the game one day.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just minor point, his character never time travelled. The Enterprise did, and he was beamed aboard.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Just minor point, his character never time travelled. The Enterprise did, and he was beamed aboard.

Yep, he was scrambled in his F-104 to investigate a “UFO” Enterprise after it showed up on radar after jumping back to 1969. Kirk had them hold his fighter in a tractor beam, but it was crushing the plane so they beamed him aboard. They were originally not going to return him to earth because of what he’d seen, but they found out he was the future father of the commander of the first mission to Saturn and had to be returned (yes I’m a TOS geek).
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Gah! You're right. I can't believe I got that backwards. Will edit the post.

(Also just noticed I made the mistake of typing "prostrate", like an idiot, and didn't catch it until now. :s )

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raising a glass --- rewatched it last night. Though it is sad to see him go (and that's not a fun way either), glad he had the long run that he did.