Home Engineering Room
Options

Deal with damned cursor positioning already!

As in on steam version (at least for me) clickabe things on down part of the screen are whole centimeter below where they should be by provided image (at least on my screen). It's annoying when you click on heart and nothing happens (it's just "move your cursor centimeter down and click again" after all), it's extra annoying when you click on purchase in faction store because of that and it's utter **tsk tsk** when you hit 4-expended 1-skill Garak instead of 1-expended 2-skill Surak and easy 18th win on the gauntlet start turns in utter failure.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I play on Steam (Windows 7, 64-bit) and am not having these issues at all.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I would've posted screenshot, but standard Windows or Steam don't do cursors...

Same btw, only possible difference is 125% for windows text.

PS. It's also something that is there and sometimes that it's not, which honestly makes it more annoying as it's so easy forget about it.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue on Steam/Windows but it’s been so long I have well compensated for it by now...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I would've posted screenshot, but standard Windows or Steam don't do cursors...

Same btw, only possible difference is 125% for windows text.

PS. It's also something that is there and sometimes that it's not, which honestly makes it more annoying as it's so easy forget about it.

This is it. If you're scaling, and have two different screen resolutions, the relative cursor positioning on the scaled or lower resolution screen is off. It's actually a windows problem.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    This is it. If you're scaling, and have two different screen resolutions, the relative cursor positioning on the scaled or lower resolution screen is off. It's actually a windows problem.
    Thing is - it's NOT different resolution and as far as I know it applies only to Windows elements and don't affect anything else.

And on top of that it's first time for years I notice such problem - so if all other programs don't have such problem then it's shoddy programming on Timelines part.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    So here's what I've figured out about the button graphic vs button hotzone problem in the Steam client. If you resize your window (maximize it, for instance) sometimes it will cause or resolve the problem (depending on what state you are in at the time). So just try opening up the client, navigating to the screen you want to deal with. Now, if you're maximized already you'll need to double click the title bar to unmaximize and then double click it again to maximize. If you aren't maximized, you should only have to double click the title bar once. This tends to resolve the issue temporarily.