Home The Bridge
Options

That feeling... You know the one I mean

AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
When you join a gauntlet, you're already ranked 165, and on the second round you're faced with a Surak wall which you just know isn't going to end well...

What other instances do you get that "heh... Typical" feeling?
Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-6 crits on a 25%, 0 crits on your 65%

proficiency higher than opponents on a 50:50 - RNG crud rolls to compensate captain.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    To hit a wall of 45% Mirror Picards in a CMD-SEC round and to win against all odds with my 25% Admiral Nechayev.

" That Feeling " works in both directions .......;-)
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    All immortalized behold.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    That moment when your Mirror Picard loses to Nexus Kirk, OR that moment when your Nexus Kirk loses to Saavik.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    When you get a loot box in gauntlet... you briefly see that yellow just to realize you got Legendary Trainers
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    When you’re 20 hours deep into a voyage and the dilemmas are spitting out 30 chrons a time.
  • Options
    Luc de ForteLuc de Forte ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    When you win (or lose) multiple-thousand points fight in the Gauntlet by 1 point.

b6obbeomnf2o.jpg
  • Options
    When you open portals and you get duplicates again and again
  • Options
    When you get a 65% Guinan gauntlet and figure you’ll wait a day but the next one is 65% Surak
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you think "...oh go on... This gauntlet round is ridiculous... I'll hit that merit refresh button just this once"
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my mother in law comes over and tells me everything I'm doing "wrong" or "incorrectly" and how to do those things "better"...

Wait... Was this supposed to be game specifc ?
  • Options
    When you click on a forum thread and think to yourself, "This is another gauntlet bad luck thread, isn't it..."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my mother in law comes over and tells me everything I'm doing "wrong" or "incorrectly" and how to do those things "better"...

Wait... Was this supposed to be game specifc ?

Dude!!! I get the same damn thing. When she leaves I find my towels and everything in my kitchen in places I did not put them

• Options
    It’s been 3 months 13 days since I was able to get a copy of Caretaker. Since then, nothing. For me, he truly is the last of his kind...
  • Options
    Congrats! 2000+ rounds later and he is still hiding from me.
  • Options
    When you start a Gauntlet with one featured skill and then find that it's switched to a different one meaning all your crew are 5% and wrong skill distribution.

Or when you spring for some dilithium because your voyage ran out of am and DB get the money, pops up the transaction successful blurb and then follows it with this

ao4auhw0izdo.png
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Also from my fleets, based on what I see on the chats...

When you see next event is faction and you have to burn dilithium to get 4th copy of that purple crew

When you are attending your kid activity at school and still have to grind the events

When you have family dinner/time and you are on the phone tapping like crazy and they ask wth are you doing

When you are doing the same thing again and again that you don’t want to do ...but if you don’t, you gonna miss out (FOMO)....

When you are busy working and have to find excuse/bathroom breaks to send your shuttles...and have to wake up in the middle of the night to keep sending the shuttles to keep your rank...

When you see the next event is galaxy, and ppl says it is time to take a break and lv the crews

When you see the blunders, the ‘rng’, the low ROI, and when DB personel says everything is as per design.... you are trying to figure out whether this game has any future and worth any further investment

When you did skirmish 150 times, and notice the top players prob do it 1500 times, you feel pity to those ppl spending so much time on crews that they already have... (same thing with galaxy)

When we rank top1k, get another legendary crew and realize that it will remain 1* forever and just occupying a crew slot

Etc etc.....

On the good side, we do have ppl expressing gratitude when they get good pulls.... but not that many anymore esp for veteran players.
  • Options
    I definitely use the bathroom excuse to send shuttles lol. Don’t check overnight, launch the 2x rewards shuttles for 9 hr over night usually.
  • Options
    When you dont get a sr in the first slot of a regular 10x pull...but you know that the coming behold will be useless!!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    What other instances do you get that "heh... Typical" feeling?
    When my streak ends by my Valores being beaten by faux guns Picard, despite having a higher crit percentage and better skills (2 versus 1 in that particular battle, 45% (me) vs 25% (opponent), I was so angry I slammed my phone down in rage and refused to play the Gauntlet again for a solid 24hrs!

AND NO, I STILL HAVE NO CARETAKER!!

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    That feeling when:

You forgot to run the gauntlet because you were playing too many skirmishes, and realized that the game was better without it, so you haven't bothered since.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That feeling when:

You forgot to run the gauntlet because you were playing too many skirmishes, and realized that the game was better without it, so you haven't bothered since.

Yes, I’ve had that feeling.

• Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    When you purchase a 10 for 10 and don’t get 1 legendary....
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you think you're about to immortalise a crew member... to find they need a legendary science experiment
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    When you think you're about to immortalise a crew member... to find they need a legendary science experiment

Or medical experiment...facepalm
  • Options
    Ok ok....Now we need a positive feeling thread.

I am more excited reading the forums than reading all the text in the game lol