Home The Bridge
Options

Dilemma, The Cost of Living.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
When you get tot the dilemma "The Cost of Living", which option do you normally choose?

A Xindi-Primate colony requested our help in curing a devastating plague that has already killed thousands. During our efforts, {crewname] discovered that their doctors have been conducting experiments on their own citizens in a desperate search for a cure. Should we continue to help, refuse to help until they stop the experiments, or leave them to find a cure on their own?

Dilemma, The Cost of Living. 112 votes

Continue to help the colonist search for a cure
32%
sorinevWaldoMagProsserCaptain LostCaptain Sisko [AA]scruffy151[QH] OxmyxTongo RadAlthea BiermontCapt Ajamm[10F] Fuzzy MooDitto(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]MOZangelesSDPhotonKimDrone_oneal103Ambrosius77Odo Marmarosa[PAaA] Admiral Spear 36 votes
Refuse to help until the colony's doctors have stopped these experiments.
40%
ADM Fletcher [ET]AviTrek[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpile[TUFG] Siguard William T. RikerFredouJim Raynor[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCaptain QPallidyne[SJ] Admiral AkiAntasil[SSR] GTMETweatherseedFinnbarAggeBanjo1012K Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dteacthulhu1592 45 votes
Leave the colonists to find a cure on their own
7%
[SSR] The Iron CowNeos472Mr. LincolnCapt. Pete OwenZenthaneXAcerCSR _WaylanderNecronjon 8 votes
I don't read the choices, and choose at random
5%
AmphistaffeXo | SilverRose (retired)Fletcher ChristianHungry Dog DDMNoneFlay 6 votes
I vary my choice, depending upon how I am feeling, or other factors
11%
RabbCaptainUnderpants[KM] WOLF 359Jean-Luc Kenobi[S47] ELiL[STFL] TheHell2Earth[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieLjofaFlemmingIshmael MarxJoeSage2MuffanMe [AUS] 13 votes
Other
3%
Peachtree RexEgo Draconis[7TW] Attack EyebrowsAlmost a Angel 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not have enough information as to what these experiments entail - it does not appear to be by force, there is also no indication as to whether it is by consent or force.

Any experimental drug prescribed is an experiment, but also helping them find a cure would help put an end to the experiments if you are using other methods.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Its the best chance of a super rare.
  • Options
    Other
    Doesn't really matter which choice, it only influences rewards. And once you get to a point where they're drained, or big ones seldom drop... yeah. Whichever.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I always help them find a cure since the other two options result in a lot more deaths. Helping them find a cure, without conditions, gets the cure faster and stops the experiments. Refusing to help, either scenario, just results in them continuing the experiments until they find the cure themselves or until the death rate is so horrible that they have no choice but to give in.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    For any of the dilemmas, if it is the last one I'm doing before my recall, I go rogue to see if I get something new and exciting.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually choice 1 or 2 for me, depending on how my charitable-vs-authoritarian meter is tilting at that moment.

As an aside, the reward drop info on the wiki hasn't been updated since maybe the first week of voyages, but @CSR _Waylander and @Ego Draconis are both saying the rewards are affected by the choice. The wiki does show it that way, but now that we have collectively done thousands of repetitions of these dilemmas, are we sure the drop info is still true? Is anybody still tracking it?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first few times I got it I continued helping but then I imagined that the doctor in charge on the planet was Josef Mengele and decided to switch my default choice. It has no real bearing on anything other than perhaps your own sense of morality anyways, so your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I don't read the choices, and choose at random
    Smash all the choices.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    I always get a purple drop & 75 chrons
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »
    For any of the dilemmas, if it is the last one I'm doing before my recall, I go rogue to see if I get something new and exciting.

Ditto
  • Options
    Usually choice 1 or 2 for me, depending on how my charitable-vs-authoritarian meter is tilting at that moment.

As an aside, the reward drop info on the wiki hasn't been updated since maybe the first week of voyages, but @CSR _Waylander and @Ego Draconis are both saying the rewards are affected by the choice. The wiki does show it that way, but now that we have collectively done thousands of repetitions of these dilemmas, are we sure the drop info is still true? Is anybody still tracking it?

When I get a chance, I edit the Wiki for MY dilemmas; unless you post your choices here or update your dilemma choices then it doesn't get updated.
  • Options
    For example: A Higher Duty, Part 1
    Choice A Rewards 30 honor / 30 Chronitons / 2* Crew (Received 34 times) OR 30 honor / 30 Chronitons / 3* crew (Received 3 times)

34+3=37 updates of what people who updated the Wiki received.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Took me a while to figure out how to respond to this polls choice of dilemma.

Let the Xindi's do what they need to do.

Are help will use methods that are hopefully not going to kill someone to solve the crisis. But keep in mind when people are at their limits any chance of a cure is worth it even if it turns out to kill them. The hope is that it does cure them, if not, that it will lead to finding a cure faster.

Edit: so even the Federations methods can lead to Xindi dying from experimenting.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certain dilemmas that no matter what hour they are at or what I choose, give 30 chrons. The Trader one, always 30, never fails. The Klingon Captain, get 30 every time no matter what. A few others I can’t think of right now as well
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen this Dilemma. Do u have to reach a certain time before it pops up?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    I've never seen this Dilemma. Do u have to reach a certain time before it pops up?

I haven't seen it pop before 6 hours, being 100 honor / 75 chron / 4* crew or rep rats, so prolly yes.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoeSage2 wrote: »
    For example: A Higher Duty, Part 1
    Choice A Rewards 30 honor / 30 Chronitons / 2* Crew (Received 34 times) OR 30 honor / 30 Chronitons / 3* crew (Received 3 times)

34+3=37 updates of what people who updated the Wiki received.

I stand corrected. Thanks @JoeSage2. My mistake: I have the dilemmas page from the wiki as a constantly open window on my phone's browser for quick reference. Apparently I haven't reloaded the page since I first opened it (even though my phone often gives the appearance of doing that when I select the page). A true re-load has revealed the updates.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really need 5* replicator rations so this one
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't really need 5* replicator rations so this one

The 5* replicator rations are a one time drop for each answer. So once you get them, you do not have to worry about getting them again.

But I still agree. I have not picked another answer, because of the one time drop.

The main problem with the one time drops on voyage is they do not give honor and Chronitons. Otherwise, I would not care which answer I picked.
  • Options
    I hadn't seen this dilemma in a long while, and ever since this topic was posted, it's been in almost every voyage since. Go figure.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Took me a while to figure out how to respond to this polls choice of dilemma.

Let the Xindi's do what they need to do.

That's the way I see it. We could be interfering in the Xindi culture by stopping them. If we tell them to stop, we are pushing our values on them. If we leave we could be condemning them to death.
    I hadn't seen this dilemma in a long while, and ever since this topic was posted, it's been in almost every voyage since. Go figure.

Maybe DB are experimenting on us.....
  • Options
    Other
    Got all I need so mashy mashy.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, Phlox refuses to help the colonists, backed by Worf, but Archer does go behind his back and slips down to the surface with Tom Paris and Julian Bashir to help unobtrusively. Kathryn takes control of the ship and starts to move off while Will Riker takes a crew down to grab Archer before anything actually happens. While the away team is down there, Neelix grabs some replicator rations, honor and chronitons and Q persuades another crew to join us from the colony, confusing everyone profoundly as to how they got there in the first place, and suddenly everyone is back on board and the replicator starts playing up (again).
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, Phlox refuses to help the colonists, backed by Worf, but Archer does go behind his back and slips down to the surface with Tom Paris and Julian Bashir to help unobtrusively. Kathryn takes control of the ship and starts to move off while Will Riker takes a crew down to grab Archer before anything actually happens. While the away team is down there, Neelix grabs some replicator rations, honor and chronitons and Q persuades another crew to join us from the colony, confusing everyone profoundly as to how they got there in the first place, and suddenly everyone is back on board and the replicator starts playing up (again).

Giving Data abdominal cramps
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO