Home Ready Room
Options

Where best to get 3* rare alcohol?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
I've tried ATM Operation Isolate and SB Coarsing Hounds - with very erratic results more so than what the wiki indicates (i know it's a guide but when hitting 15-20 missions later and still not a single drop something feels amiss here)
I know there are shuttles also that could yield it - does anyone have better luck on shuttles for said Item or is there a better secret mission to farm this item - which is starting to feel worse than a purple clothing pattern.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visit the faction centers every day, and buy it any time it's on sale for merits. My personal motto is "ABBA" = "Always Be Buying Alcohol".

It's what Scotty would do.

m6l0niardixx.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Funny thing is, it's not appearing there either for a while, always the 2* or the 1* variety, not to mention needing multiples of the stuff.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I've tried ATM Operation Isolate and SB Coarsing Hounds - with very erratic results more so than what the wiki indicates (i know it's a guide but when hitting 15-20 missions later and still not a single drop something feels amiss here)
    1. For Operation Isolate there are two of them that drop *** Alco. One is much, MUCH worse than other. And it's easy to mix them from character (sometimes right one don't show at all).
    2. Even from galaxy menu and chosing episode 15-20 missions are nothing, especially for something that drops that rarely. Random is so random. It can be 3 10-runs of nothing, then one 10-run giving you twenty. Thing is - Operation Isolate (Normal) gives you 1 *** alcohol every 5 missions on average. So 20 missions giving nothing is JUST 4 of them missing. Start grumbling when that number reach 200 missions for 40 alco - only it wouldn't unless you are unluckiest man in the world.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a time during the skirmish i couldn't progress with crew due to needing faction items, 3*alcohol is what I ran for the last few hundred chrons. Even then I only ended up with about 8
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    You can find 3* alcohol here. There are also 5* alcohol and much older :smile:
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    After a time during the skirmish i couldn't progress with crew due to needing faction items, 3*alcohol is what I ran for the last few hundred chrons. Even then I only ended up with about 8
    Well, duh! 56chr*8alco=448="several hundred". ***Alco is costly even without random doing it's hijinks.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Well, duh! 56chr*8alco=448="several hundred". ***Alco is costly even without random doing it's hijinks.

I'm not at all bothered, just didnt want the OP to think several hundred chrons results in tons of alcohol. I also ran a few hundred chrons just on 3* casing..... next time I plan on several thousand chrins on these items, I always need them.
    this post did make me spend a large portion of this morning wondering what brand 3* alcohol is. Maybe a £40 bottle of wine? Is my favourite barefoot bubbly 2*? Is cider 1*? Do the stars denote price or quality? Also, why is 3* champagne different, is it not also alcohol (which, btw, I replicate cos its awful to build) also, is this all synthetic or real proper stuff? why does whisky need films? I live in Scotland and none of our breweries need to watch a chick flick before they're able to start distilling.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »

I'm not at all bothered, just didnt want the OP to think several hundred chrons results in tons of alcohol. I also ran a few hundred chrons just on 3* casing..... next time I plan on several thousand chrins on these items, I always need them.
    this post did make me spend a large portion of this morning wondering what brand 3* alcohol is. Maybe a £40 bottle of wine? Is my favourite barefoot bubbly 2*? Is cider 1*? Do the stars denote price or quality? Also, why is 3* champagne different, is it not also alcohol (which, btw, I replicate cos its awful to build) also, is this all synthetic or real proper stuff? why does whisky need films? I live in Scotland and none of our breweries need to watch a chick flick before they're able to start distilling.

All I know is 4* alcohol = single malt ;)
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    this post did make me spend a large portion of this morning wondering what brand 3* alcohol is. Maybe a £40 bottle of wine?
    In Russia, number of stars = number of years the cognac was ripening :smile: Most popular are 3* and 5* cognacs. Older than 5* ones are really expensive!

• Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Visit the faction centers every day, and buy it any time it's on sale for merits. My personal motto is "ABBA" = "Always Be Buying Alcohol".

It's what Scotty would do.

m6l0niardixx.jpg

I've made this a new guideline for my fleet, that is how genius this is.
    Intentionally Left Blank