Home Make It So!
Options

Starbase Room Idea - Quartermaster

NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
After some in fleet chat, I was thinking about fleet ideas that could help newer players.

While I would love to see some kind of trade mechanic (like crew), I know that it would probably be game breaking (multi accounts used to farm, etc).

But to simplify the idea, I thought it might be feasible to make a Quartermaster that the fleet could deposit a set number of resources a day in (maybe up to 25 trainers per fleet member, 2000 credits, etc). Then officers could distribute said resources to other members (again, probably limit the number of resources that can be handed out a day). This would allow some of the "older" crew to help out the "younger" crew. It would also allow helping the older crew (not that we ever run out of credits ....).
"If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."

Comments

• Options
    I like this idea, and would add possibly being able to share crew? So stronger fleet members can allocate crew to quarters on the starbase and others could loan them for a period. A bit similar to the sharing of crew within squads for events
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, y’all and your need for fleet advantages
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, and would add possibly being able to share crew? So stronger fleet members can allocate crew to quarters on the starbase and others could loan them for a period. A bit similar to the sharing of crew within squads for events

I was actually considering a similar idea and had almost included it on this, but I was trying to think it out a little more first. You don't want it to be completely overpowered as well. In the back of my head, it was kind of like giving them the equivalent of an EMH, but for any crew. I was kind of thinking that if it was a 5*, maybe they would only get it as a 1/5, no matter the fusion level. Helpful, but not doing ALL the work.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's not about wanting fleet advantages, it's about wanting to be able to help out our newer members.
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    So it is basically welfare for newer players?
  • Options
    That's a good idea! 😀
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I feel bad about throwing away things I know people in my fleet actually need.

As one upgrades the module, the more quality/quality of items can be exchanged.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

All fleets would share a Bartender Guinan or Caretaker, creating even worse walls in the Gauntlet.
    Fleets could share their strongest skilled crew, removing the challenge for new players, and reducing the need to develop their own crew.

DB would lose money, so it won't happen.
  • Options

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

All fleets would share a Bartender Guinan or Caretaker, creating even worse walls in the Gauntlet.
    Fleets could share their strongest skilled crew, removing the challenge for new players, and reducing the need to develop their own crew.

DB would lose money, so it won't happen.

Just make the shared crew be used only on shuttles and nothing else.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's not about wanting fleet advantages, it's about wanting to be able to help out our newer members.

Newer players.....within your fleet

• Options

Newer players.....within your fleet

That play the game. The more comfortable new players are with a game the higher is their level of engagement with the said game.