Home Ready Room
Options

Begold question

I'm leaning towards Data because I'm a fan, but The Keeper also interests me. Any thoughts?97k71xlrhe4u.png

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'll just warn that Detective Data is one of the worst in the game to level, although Keeper isn't super easy either. Keeper is really good gauntlet SCI if that matters.

That's the kind of behold where I either fuse, if space is an issue, or just pick who I like best.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Data and The Keeper have pretty hard to find two stars over 1000 (voyage wise) but I would say The Keepers combo is a little more rare so I would go with him. He also tosses in some command which is also hard to find with a heavy MED character
  • Options
    Its between The Keeper and data. The keeper has 3 skills with med and good proficiency rolls so he makes it into the gauntlet and voyages often, Data has been event crew a few times and since most datas are 5*'s it might be best to pick them when they come up.

Though i will say if you like detective data take him, never know when you will see him again.
  • Options
    I'll just warn that Detective Data is one of the worst in the game to level, although Keeper isn't super easy either. Keeper is really good gauntlet SCI if that matters.

That's the kind of behold where I either fuse, if space is an issue, or just pick who I like best.

Wow! After reading your post I looked up Data on the crew cost finder, and that's the first time I've ever seen the word insane as the cost. Well, since he's a favorite of mine and all my other crew are FE I might as well have a project to sink my chrons into.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detective Data was my last Data to acquire (until they introduced Friar Tuck, who I'm still on the lookout for), so I was happy to finally get him. But as much as I love ol' yellow eyes, he's pretty useless in my roster. I would, however, jump up and down with glee to get The Keeper. (Big TOS fan, natch.)

Quark can certainly be handy, as well, for what that's worth.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    I have only The Keeper among those. But you should know that I've got ~10 Legendary characters, but The Keeper has priority #1, and he's getting all my citations until he becomes 5/5*. He's that good. Not only he's a great SCI leader, but he also has such rare keywords as Quantum Mechanics, Telepath and Shapeshifter. Plus, he has very decent MED score and a good combat ability (+10.000 to Crit. Bonus for 10 seconds). And he's very good in the gauntlet too.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this isn't exactly playing the game in the manners above but I have:
    Vic Pulaski
    Doctor La Forge
    The Professor
    .... yeah i'm missing that Data to make a good bridge montage
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detective Data is one of only two that can unlock a node on epic that requires an investigator with high security skill. So, if you don't have Tommy Gun Dixon, you may need him.

That said, I recently acquired The Keeper as well, and I must say I'm very pleased with him.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the Keeper in a behold a while back and that SCI proficiency is no joke. If I didn’t already have Yarnek locking down my SCI-primary/telepath/quantum-mechanics/shapeshifter role I would consider some citations right away. And a rare MED/COM combination? That is hard to beat.

That being said, Data seems to be a tough character to come by, even for his 4* variants. I don’t think you could go wrong by taking him over The Keeper, especially if the SEC/SCI and/or SEC/ENG combinations are relatively weak in your crew.
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    Funny enough, yesterday I had to choose this Quark in my behold. It was much worse than OP's, the alternatives were Sheriff of Nottingham Q and Aviator Yar. Sheriff is good in Command, but not as good as Kahless :smile:, and I've got Borg Queen already. Quark at least participates in Ferengi Collection, and has a lot of keywords.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yar has a good skill combo. She’s on alot of my Voyages
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yar has a good skill combo. She’s on alot of my Voyages
    I probably just couldn't resist Quark's suit and smile :smile:
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Detective Data was my last Data to acquire (until they introduced Friar Tuck, who I'm still on the lookout for), so I was happy to finally get him. But as much as I love ol' yellow eyes, he's pretty useless in my roster. I would, however, jump up and down with glee to get The Keeper. (Big TOS fan, natch.)

Quark can certainly be handy, as well, for what that's worth.

I tried forever to get the Keeper when he was introduced to no avail and much to the dismay of my dilithium bank. Then magically, sometime last month during another 10 for 10 offer, I got 3 in begolds.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detective Data is one of only two that can unlock a node on epic that requires an investigator with high security skill. So, if you don't have Tommy Gun Dixon, you may need him.

That said, I recently acquired The Keeper as well, and I must say I'm very pleased with him.

This ... ugh ... that's my last node to unlock on all Episodes and Distress Calls ... the only star missing (only have Tommy Gun Dixon at 1/4 - a fairly recent acquisition) ... One day I'll get this Data, keeping my fingers crossed ...
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ector wrote: »
    Funny enough, yesterday I had to choose this Quark in my behold. It was much worse than OP's, the alternatives were Sheriff of Nottingham Q and Aviator Yar. Sheriff is good in Command, but not as good as Kahless :smile:, and I've got Borg Queen already. Quark at least participates in Ferengi Collection, and has a lot of keywords.

Look up Yar in the top Voyage crew list ... she's just as good as The Keeper. :)
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

This ... ugh ... that's my last node to unlock on all Episodes and Distress Calls ... the only star missing (only have Tommy Gun Dixon at 1/4 - a fairly recent acquisition) ... One day I'll get this Data, keeping my fingers crossed ...

It was one of my last nodes as well. Tommy Gun Dix finally dropped for me and I was able to finish it. I've never had a Detective Data come my way.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Can someone help me? I have Kal-if-fee Kirk, Gangster Kirk, and Odo in what looks like an umpire's uniform. I'm leaning towards one of the kirk choices, possibly the Kal Kirk becuase he has a nice SEC stat, but gangster has civilian star fleet AND federation all together with criminal & that seems like an odd combo I haven't seen yet [I'm really new to the game, obviously :-) ]

Any advice on a decent choice is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Can someone help me? I have Kal-if-fee Kirk, Gangster Kirk, and Odo in what looks like an umpire's uniform. I'm leaning towards one of the kirk choices, possibly the Kal Kirk becuase he has a nice SEC stat, but gangster has civilian star fleet AND federation all together with criminal & that seems like an odd combo I haven't seen yet [I'm really new to the game, obviously :-) ]

Any advice on a decent choice is greatly appreciated!

I’d totally go with Gangster Kirk, though I think Kal Kirk has better gauntlet values, and unless you’re a big Odo fan, ignore him as well.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm not really sure how gauntlet works. Kal Kirk has a really high security score (2nd highest overall for Kirk, behind Rura P. Version)' but gangster has the highest command & 2nd highest dip. For Kirk versions. I'm not really sure which is more important for gauntlet or which is best for voyages either.

I love the depth in this game so far! It's never a straightforward choice because the game has so many elements, it's fantastic!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you! I'm not really sure how gauntlet works. Kal Kirk has a really high security score (2nd highest overall for Kirk, behind Rura P. Version)' but gangster has the highest command & 2nd highest dip. For Kirk versions. I'm not really sure which is more important for gauntlet or which is best for voyages either.

I love the depth in this game so far! It's never a straightforward choice because the game has so many elements, it's fantastic!

Hit up the wiki at https://stt.wiki and it can fill you in on all the info regarding Gauntlet and anything else on the game that you may have questions about.

Also, for any future Beholds, this is a great resource — just scroll down the page where it says "Behold Helper", then enter in the names of the 3 crew being offered (it's also helpful to "filter by stars", depending on whether you have a 4* or 5* Behold, since that will narrow the choices when you are selecting your three crew to compare).
    http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally go Gangster Kirk. Just because it’s GANGSTER KIRK