Home The Bridge

Which skills area are you strongest in?

S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
And you can also state your weakest area in the comments, too.

And also your top crew member in your strongest discipline

Which skills area are you strongest in? 60 votes

MEDICINE
5%
IvanstoneS14 Bri Dirk Gunderson 3 votes
SCIENCE
1%
[STFL] TheHell2Earth 1 vote
ENGINEERING
3%
PinkyfirstTcal 2 votes
DIPLOMACY
36%
sorinevCaptain TFCapt. ChaosCaptain Sisko [AA] William T. RikerKaiteeNero84[S47] ELiLConfused KlingonRaphillonSST - 9of7IronagedaveThurthorad•§ë• Captain Tatem[10F] Belle'Anna [7TW] Attack EyebrowsZetterbeard DavideBooksS31Automaton_2000 22 votes
COMMAND
53%
[7TW] UnkieBPeachtree Rex[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileCaptain Lost[QH] Oxmyx[TLA]  84wbPallidynet<G>e  RoonisHungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••][GoT] Terfinal103Odo Marmarosacmdrworf[FF] Frylock IBOL17guest_757423444811776GhostStalkerCapt. Pete OwenveX 32 votes

Comments

• S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    MEDICINE
    0v4fsd9c0vat.png
    My strongest area is MED and this guy is my strongest crew.

My weakest area is probably ENG, although I have a few 1-2/5* Datas, 3/5* Caretaker, 1/5*RAF O’Brien, 1/5* Assimilated LaForge, and 1/5* Dress Uniform Scotty... so eventually they should be pumped up.... then I’ll need to improve SCI
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    MEDICINE
    What happened to Security?

Oh dear whoops. I could’ve sworn I put that on the poll, evidently not! Comment for that. I can’t edit it!
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIPLOMACY
    Diplomacy, mostly because it's a common 'go to' skill for DB and also because there are variants with all secondary and tertiary skill types. dip/med, dip/sec, dip/sci, dip/cmd, dip/eng.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Strongest = Security with Six 5* at top base

Weakest = Engineering with Two 5* at top base, the second only reaching there by citations in the past month. Medical used to be my weakest till the recent mega-events helped fix that with Cornwell and Bashir
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • COMMAND
    Strongest = Command
    Borg Queen at the top and three others with base over 1,000.

Weakest = Medicine
    Have Darth Bashir at the top but it drops off quickly after that.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    COMMAND
    Sec is about equal to Cmd and Dip is not that far behind.

Weakest is Eng, by OH SOOOOO MUCH!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, strongest is a hard term to define.

Most crew over 1000 base skill? Security with 8.
    Most crew over 1300 base skill? Tie between Medical and Science with 2 each.
    Most crew with over 500 average proficiency? Command with 4.

Weakest, however, is much easier for me to define.

Least crew over 1000 base skill? Engineering with 1.
    Least crew over 1300 base skill? Tied between Engineering, Command, Security, Diplomacy with 0.
    Least crew with over 500 average proficiency? Engineering with 1.

Overall, you could say I'm somewhat balanced, but, like most players, I could use a little help in engineering.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEDICINE
    So, strongest is a hard term to define.

Most crew over 1000 base skill? Security with 8.
    Most crew over 1300 base skill? Tie between Medical and Science with 2 each.
    Most crew with over 500 average proficiency? Command with 4.

Least crew over 1000 base skill? Engineering with 1.
    Least crew over 1300 base skill? Tied between Engineering, Command, Security, Diplomacy with 0.

Overall, you could say I'm somewhat balanced, but, like most players, I could use a little help in engineering.

Agreed.

Most
    1000+ base: 7, COM
    500+ max proficiency: 16, DIP
    1500+ max combined: 5, MED

Least
    1000+ base: 1, ENG
    500+ max proficiency: 5, ENG
    1500+ max combined: 1, DIP

I voted medicine because compared to the number of shuttle and voyage slots, I have no problem loading up on MED crew. I have more powerful shuttle crew for COM and a ridiculously deep DIP crew (despite having only one super-DIP crew, one that the Ready Room tells me is “bad”) but I never have trouble filling MED voyages or shuttles. ENG is a weakness and would be worse yet if I hadn’t spent all that time and effort working on RAF O’Brien. Once the gauntlet special crew is updated I will feel comfortable spending citations on The Caretaker and along with the Mirror Cochrane I am working on citing he will eventually triple my number of 1000+ base crew.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    DIPLOMACY
    18 Diplomats above 1000 base (and three more between 995 and 999). Just immortalized Dahar Master Kang this morning (1225 base, 1372 with bonuses.) Like most, I need more Engineering.
  • Strongest in SEC, but also strong in COM & DIP. MED is good if just a little weaker. Science would probably be weakest if not for Surak, but ENG is the weakest for me at the moment.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    DIPLOMACY
    Diplomacy simply because even with all the Med characters we have received they usually all have really high diplomacy. Have a large group of individuals with good diplomacy stats
  • Ace_RimmerAce_Rimmer ✭✭✭
    COMMAND
    fjahnjlm8vyw.png
    Got to be command with most of my immortalised legenderies.
    I can nearly get to 10 hours in my best voyage with command as primary.
  • DIPLOMACY
    Difficult to choose between Command and Diplomacy. The highest individual skills are in command, but it drops rather quickly, and in Diplomacy the support characters are much more decent than for command.

Engineering is clearly the weakest, but has improved significantly recently with the addition of 1/5 Solar Sails Sisko, 2nd star on Tempted Data and 3rd star on Lt Commander La Forge.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • edited July 2018
    DIPLOMACY
    This was interesting to look at. I wound up slicing my numbers up with the following criteria:

- Only Include crew that are at least level 80 (any fusion, but 4* will almost always be at least 3/4 for me at that point, 5* are anyone's guess.)
    - Look at all 4* and 5* Average rolls for each stat
    - Look at Averages when only counting crew with that skill

Here's what I found:

- Average Rolls across roster: Diplomacy, followed by Security, command, Science, Engineering, Medicine. However there are some differences between 4 and 5*: The number margins change significantly between those two, and in fact I have more MED than ENG as far as 5* characters go.
    - Average Rolls when counting Crew with that Skill: Here's where I became surprised. Medicine is in fact my best per-character stat for both 4* and 5*. Also, in the case of 4*, the worst stats are SEC and CMD.

Edit: Fixed Labels on image
    d4ojt5z3rbth.png
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Stats below do not reflect the newest 3 crew because I did not add them to my calculations yet)
    But I'm looking at depth:

Of 571 cards:
    • 336 have Diplomacy Skill (73 of my active crew have Diplomacy Skill, the highest base is 1254)
    • 334 have Security Skill (77 of my active crew have Security Skill, the highest base 1092)
    • 333 have Command Skill (73 of my active crew have Command Skill, the highest base is 1234)
    • 202 have Science Skill (52 of my active crew have Science Skill, the highest base is 1209)
    • 167 have Engineering Skill (46 of my active crew have Engineering Skill, the highest base is 1125)
    • 90 have Medical Skill (31 of my active crew have Medical Skill, the highest base is 1195)

So just in number and magnitude, Diplomacy is my strongest, Medical is my weakest.

Intentionally Left Blank
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEDICINE
    MED's probably at the top with BellBashir, Cornwell, DAMcCoy, Guinan and Phlox.

ENG is my worst although it has more potential than SCI. In any case two of my best crew for ENG are Leonardo (5/5) and Caretaker (4/5) who are also important SCI crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Security, then command, then diplomacy/medicine. Best security crew is a 5/5 Kortar.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIPLOMACY
    My kind-of-simplistic rule is that the ninth-highest in any given skill (because the crew display shows nine at a time without scrolling down) is the cutoff - anyone who's not top-nine in any skill gets frozen. (I'm probably freezing crew with useful, I don't know, overall totals or high proficiencies or something, but whatever, it's simple, it keeps space free). At the moment my highest minimum is Security at 850 (Tsunka Seven), followed by Diplomacy at 840 (a tie between Pel and 4/5 Bashir, Julian Bashir). Then Science (1701 Dax), Medical (Katra McCoy), Command (Captain T'Pol) and Engineering's the lowest minimum at 725 (Drone Seven).

I'm feeling pretty balanced at the moment, engineering used to be quite a bit lower but I concentrated on high Eng crew like Icheb and Age of Sail La Forge a little while back and it's now all looking pretty decent. I hadn't really given it much thought until I wrote it out now but I really could stand to work on Command some - I kind of take it for granted since it's so common, but there's a bunch of level 1s lying around my ship who could push it up quite a bit.
  • COMMAND
    I feel im pretty balanced across the board, but CMD takes the lead because of First Officer Mikey B.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIPLOMACY
    For me my strongest is probably going to be Diplomacy / Med:
    With Bartender Guinan, Bell Riots Bashir and Cornwell all immortal, and I have 1/5 DA McCoy and Bashir, Julian Bashir.

My weakest is either:
    Security, whilst not fabulous I do have a 4/5 Minty Riker, and Immortal Mirror Picard, With Maquis Tuvok / KF Sarek at 1/5 to cite up, collectively I don't have a problem for voyage score.
    or
    Science is probably the weakest spots if it weren't for Surak and Douglas this would flounder quite badly, it would take a lot to get this voyage point score up and potentially over compromise in other skill areas. I do however have Benny Russell however to finish leveling and consider citing up to help out.

Command is Mediocre I have Picard Immortal and Tieran Kes, but then I have 4 legendaries at 1/5 who really need more stars to bolster there sores - CMR Kira, Gangster Kirk, EV Archer and Nechayev once I get them more stars I won't have a problem in this department.

ENG again similar to CMD but improving with the recent bagging of La Borg and Lawnmower Man La Forge 2/5, and having the Caretaker at 2/5

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DIPLOMACY
    Most crew over 1000 base skill? Diplomacy with 18.
    Most crew over 1300 base skill? Tied Medicine, Engineering and Science with 2 each.
    Most crew with over 500 average proficiency? Medicine with 7.

Least crew over 1000 base skill? Medicine with 5.
    Least crew over 1300 base skill? Tied Command, Security, Diplomacy with 1.
  • COMMAND
    I generally consider base skill > 1000 as the criteria for strongest crew.
    On that measure, CMD would be the strongest with SEC & DIP close behind.

CMD: 12 crew - 8 @ 5/5, 1 @ 4/5, 1 @ 2/5, 2 @ 4/4.
    SEC: 12 crew - 8 @ 5/5, 1 @ 2/5, 1 @ 1/5, 2 @ 4/4.
    DIP: 12 crew - 5 @ 5/5, 2 @ 4/5, 5 @ 4/4.
    SCI: 10 crew - 7 @ 5/5, 1 @ 4/5, 2 @ 4/4.
    ENG: 9 crew - 7 @ 5/5, 2 @ 4/5.
    MED: 5 crew - 5 @ 5/5.

10 Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DIPLOMACY
    Dip is my best followed by Sci, Eng worst, Med has biggest drop off (top heavy). Below are Base skills for top 3 and top 6 crew averaged. All crew FF/FE.

Dip top 3 (Adm Kirk, Mudd, Desert Georgiou) 1,411, top 6 1,341

Sci top 3 (Leo, Assim. Janeway, Surak) 1,362, top 6 1,298

Cmd top 3 (Comm. Kira, Borg Queen, Killy) 1,351, top 6 1,277

Med top 3 (Darth Bashir, Mobile Doc, Cornwell) 1,345, top 6 1,201

Sec top 3 (Kortar, Khan, Kung Fu Sarek) 1,298, top 6 1,245

Eng top 3 (Rom. Data, RAF O, Tempted Data) 1,251, top 6 1,206
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dip is my best followed by Sci, Eng worst, Med has biggest drop off (top heavy). Below are Base skills for top 3 and top 6 crew averaged. All crew FF/FE.

Dip top 3 (Adm Kirk, Mudd, Desert Georgiou) 1,411, top 6 1,341

Sci top 3 (Leo, Assim. Janeway, Surak) 1,362, top 6 1,298

Cmd top 3 (Comm. Kira, Borg Queen, Killy) 1,351, top 6 1,277

Med top 3 (Darth Bashir, Mobile Doc, Cornwell) 1,345, top 6 1,201

Sec top 3 (Kortar, Khan, Kung Fu Sarek) 1,298, top 6 1,245

Eng top 3 (Rom. Data, RAF O, Tempted Data) 1,251, top 6 1,206

That's a lot of fully-fused legendaries and a very well-rounded crew. Congratulations.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Kaitee wrote: »
    My kind-of-simplistic rule is that the ninth-highest in any given skill (because the crew display shows nine at a time without scrolling down) is the cutoff - anyone who's not top-nine in any skill gets frozen.

Before gauntlet and voyages & when I had less crew space, my rule was top 6 for the exact same reason: the crew display on my phone shows six.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base scores over 1000 with top 3 in each:

SEC - 19 (Rura Kirk, Joachim, Kotar)
    DIP - 18 (Z- Odo, Rom. Picard, Sen. V)
    CMD - 17 (Burnham, Tilly, Sisko)
    SCI - 11 (Borg Janeway, Surak, Proto Barc)
    ENG - 9 (Tilly, M. Data, Degra)
    MED - 8 (Darth Bashir, Cornwell, Mirror Troi)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    COMMAND
    Looking at the crew base as a whole, based on Voyage scores, it actually looks like we are due for a "good" 3-stat SEC primary character. The top 6 SEC scores in the game come on 2-stat characters and the top Voyage score in the game for a SEC-Primary character is Gunslinger Uhura who is down at 20th overall. Compared to CMD (FO Burnham at #1), DIP (Prophet Sarah Sisko at #2), SCI (Surak at #4), ENG (Caretaker at #8), and MED (Prisoner Cornwell at #11).

Top 10 Voyage scores:
    6 have CMD (Average 1285, Highest is Kahless at 1792)
    7 have DIP (Average 1561, Highest is Mambo Picard at 1909)
    2 have ENG (Average 1598, Highest is The Caretaker at 1759)
    5 have SEC (Average 1193, Highest is Mirror Picard at 1489)
    9 have SCI (Average 1258, Highest is Surak at 1929)
    1 has MED (Caretaker at 802)

Top 5 per Stat:
    CMD:
    Captain Lorca (1890 CMD, #144 overall)
    Borg Queen (1833 CMD, #17 overall)
    Kahless (1792 CMD, #10 overall)
    FO Burnham (1779 CMD, #1 overall)
    Commander Kira Nerys (1771 CMD, #35 overall)

DIP:
    Mambo Picard (1909 DIP, #7 overall)
    Martian Quark (1866 DIP, #151 overall)
    Smitten Jean luc Picard (1852 DIP, #147 overall)
    Interfaced La Forge (1842 DIP, #6 overall)
    Virtuoso Doctor (1803 DIP, #58 overall)

ENG:
    Captain Lorian (1763 ENG, #28 overall)
    The Caretaker (1759 ENG, #8 overall)
    Solar Sails Sisko (1725 ENG, #22 overall)
    Dress Uniform Scotty (1723 ENG, #164 overall)
    Assimilated La Forge (1722 ENG, #18 overall)

SEC:
    Rura Penthe Kirk (1870 SEC, #139 overall)
    Augment Commander O'Brien (1865 SEC, #142 overall)
    Mirror Reed (1858 SEC, #143 overall)
    Vulcan Executioner (1855 SEC, #158 overall)
    Ripper (1841 SEC, #153 overall)

SCI:
    Surak (1929 SCI, #4 overall)
    Annorax (1843 SCI, #34 overall)
    Ilia Probe (1745 SCI, #178 overall)
    Timicin (1735 SCI, #50 overall)
    Protomorphisis Barclay (1732 SCI, #15 overall)

MED:
    Dr. Hugh Culber (1885 MED, #135 overall)
    Surgeon Pulaski (1846 MED, #146 overall)
    Defensive Phlox (1737 MED, #65 overall)
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell (1728 MED, #11 overall)
    Mirror Beverly Crusher (1695 MED, #71 overall)
  • DIPLOMACY

That's a lot of fully-fused legendaries and a very well-rounded crew. Congratulations.

Thanks! I go through spurts where I splurge on the game and FF some 5* crew. Waiting for portal update to do more though.