Home The Bridge

So Either Herbert Rossoff qualifies as a Quark Variant, or doesnt provide a Boost for this Event

edited July 2018 in The Bridge
sqcmshyxbb37.png
Bonus crew: Sloane, Quark and Paris...not Herbert? Or is he classified as a Quark Variant?

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combination of Benny being a variant of Sisko and the event announcement including variants of Quark as a bonus kind of implied this, no?
  • robownage wrote: »
    The combination of Benny being a variant of Sisko and the event announcement including variants of Quark as a bonus kind of implied this, no?

...no :wink: not to me at least.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Herbert Rossoff is listed as event crew. Event crew give high bonus.
    Small bonus includes Quark variants.

Though I would think you know this😉
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    Herbert Rossoff is listed as event crew. Event crew give high bonus.
    Small bonus includes Quark variants.

Though I would think you know this😉

Doesn't state it in the list on the shuttles... and remember not everybody goes to the forums... but yes i do know, doing this for non-forum members.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see the point in this thread. These things have always been that way. :shrug:
  • doing this for non-forum members.

... on the forums

...for Shan to ask to be fixed
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    He is in event packs and clearly displayed. The event pack says event crew.
    He will come up in crew selections based on his bonus.

However, the shuttles list of bonus crew is missing his name. As well as, the info button for event. So you are right they could have added either his first or last name to both lists.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well as far as I can work out his bonus is working - so I'm guessing they are taking the approach that he is a variant of Quark after all this is theoretically all in the mind of Sisko, and the reality is DS9 and not the other way round. This would also imply that Odo is dead - confused? you will be.

Unless there is some sort of Deus Ex Machina explanation for Pabst's disappearance/murder that rights itself at the end of the event.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always known that event crew provide full bonus... is this just intentionally wasting time?
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    doing this for non-forum members.

... on the forums

In that case, why do it here instead of in a PM to Shan where it would be guaranteed to be seen and responded to?

Contacting Shan directly is awesome and I promise she doesn't bite. At least, unless you are Ronig, maybe. :P

Shan has a lot to monitor here, so a PM is an easier way to make sure it doesn't get lost in the noise. Easier for you, and my understanding is that it is easier for her. Also, it's faster.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    5ta1txz99k17.png
  • doing this for non-forum members.

... on the forums

In that case, why do it here instead of in a PM to Shan where it would be guaranteed to be seen and responded to?

Contacting Shan directly is awesome and I promise she doesn't bite. At least, unless you are Ronig, maybe. :P

Shan has a lot to monitor here, so a PM is an easier way to make sure it doesn't get lost in the noise. Easier for you, and my understanding is that it is easier for her. Also, it's faster.

Well i didnt want to bother her with a pm...hoping the post will do it...save the pms for more important instances
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    5ta1txz99k17.png

Locutus and both Dixons (Detective and Tommy Gun) don't show up as Picards. Benny Russell, Gabriel Bell, and Hippocrates Noah don't show up as Siskos, either.

And one could argue that Benny Russell is actually Sisko, whereas Herbert is just a character in the vision based on Quark's likeness (can't remember if he is actually like Quark).
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    5ta1txz99k17.png

Locutus and both Dixons (Detective and Tommy Gun) don't show up as Picards. Benny Russell, Gabriel Bell, and Hippocrates Noah don't show up as Siskos, either.

And one could argue that Benny Russell is actually Sisko, whereas Herbert is just a character in the vision based on Quark's likeness (can't remember if he is actually like Quark).

I think that should be blamed on the wonky sorting functionality rather than an official statement as to which crew count for certain characters. You’ll notice that Galen is also missing from a search for Picard and there should be no doubt that he would count as a Picard variant.

I was reading up on Herbert the other day and Armin Shimerman was quoted as saying he enjoyed playing Herbert because Herbert’s character was so fundamentally different from Quark in many ways.