Home Fleet Central
Options

Considering a fleet change

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
When I started the game, I was invited into a fleet of three people. No one joined and I left after two weeks. I intentionally chose a fleet with a relatively low starbase rank. (I believe it was 17.) I wanted to feel like I had contributed and helped to build it. We are now level 51. I put over 8 months in the fleet and feel a sense of loyalty. However, we are not meeting daily goals. Not even close. Most days we don't get any chronitons and hardly ever reach the 110 honor mark on more than one section. Sometimes we don't get to the 50 mark. There is essentially no fleet chat, which doesn't bother me at all since I use the forums. In fact, I don't want to download any third party app. But when I send a message to my squadron (I'm a squad leader and officer) asking which crew they would like, I get no replies.

I donate every day and meet all my daily goals every day. I am level 61. I have a good crew and 4 shuttles. I participate in every event, though I like the freedom of choosing threshold and out whenever I want; I don't really care about personal rank, just that I meet the goals I've set. I've made at least threshold in every event since after my first month (except faction events which took longer to achieve).

If you have an opening in a fleet with a starbase somewhere around 51 and think that I would fit, send me a note and I'll switch after this event.

Comments

• Options
    Well, this is Franks n Beans to a T. Level 57, threshold and out whenever you feel like it, folks in the fleet chat pretty regularly, and we definitely get a few extra chrons every day. No app requirements, either.
  • Options
    Sent you a private message.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    That sounds good. As do the private messages sent. I will consider the offers after the first half of the event. Then I will receive an invite, or however it works.
  • Options
    David,

Mariners have openings. We hit most of the daily goals, Starbase is level 64 with an upgrade to 65 in process. Membership is open so you just need to join.
  • Options
    Cosmic Knights is a similar fleet to what it sounds like you tried before, excepting that we're all very active, growing rapidly, have a great sense of community and Teamwork. With 16 active members we make about 2/3 to 3/4 of the daily targets consistently.
    Our Starbase is level 8 right now, but we're getting strong participation from everyone and it's gaining at full speed.
    We welcome anyone with an interest in trying and participating. We have no solid restrictions other than effort must be at least noticeable.
    Check out my post lower in this category if interested. We're also very happy to chat.
  • Options
    MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    Starfleet JAG [SJ] has openings. We are an active crew, and hit most of the daily goals. Our starbase is currently level 89. We currently have 44 members and most participate in events weekly. Applications require approval, with modest requirements and a few common sense rules.
  • Options
    Hi Davide, your chats to your people might not have gone through. It's varying degrees of broken for different accounts. Likely they weren't ignoring you.

After struggling to get in any contact with half our people for that reason, our Comms Array on Discord became required. I use it on laptop, while playing on phone or tablet. It's the only way we can function well together. I had to dismiss some captains who were with us before that point from no response after many months of endless typing to them on the phone in-game. Our fleet was stagnating, people MIA without (being able to?) let us know what's up, crew not being shared, and no way to contact squad leaders even to transfer it to someone who would share.

It looks like there are fleets who are able to make it work without an external chat, all the power to them! It's something to keep in mind if you're not able to reach people in-game, might need to send a DM through the forum instead.

With our requirement I know we're not the one for you. But I'd noticed your thoughtful posts on the forums before and thought you'd be an awesome teammate for whoever gets you! & that I should share what's at least been our experience with getting no replies in-game. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Also looking to join a new fleet. I am a very active player. Level 51, participating in all events. Looking for something laid back with no chat offline and at least level 75 that always hits the daily goals. Current fleet isn't hitting daily goals and feel like I am carrying the squadron in weekly events. Want in do better as a squadron in weekly events. If that fits what your looking for let me know.
  • Options
    Thank you all. I changed to Franks and Beans. I like the idea of helping build a fleet more than getting benefits I don't feel I earned.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players like this will always be welcome in The Nimble Klingon.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Knights of the Saucer Section (like the Round Table) active and chatty. Everyone one needs something to believe in, why not believe in yourself? We do.