Home The Bridge
Options

DB please pubish additional drop rate information

Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
DB, you have to publish the drop rate % of the garanted crew of special pack.

AKA the Kira/Paris pack, I bought 22 packs and only got one. Seriously, what was the odds of getting one of the legendary versus one of the super rare? You need to publish that info, not only the rest of the pack.

If I knew it was 1 out of 22, I wouldn’t have wasted all my dillitium. I feel quite salty and cheated.

Comments

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    They are published. Little i in the top corner says 1.27% drop rate for legendary crew. Your drop rate was about 4.5%. Congrats on beating the odds.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    They are published. Little i in the top corner says 1.27% drop rate for legendary crew. Your drop rate was about 4.5%. Congrats on beating the odds.

Wrong...

You have 100% chance to get an event crew. What’s the split for the legendary and super rare?

The percentage you mentioned are for the 9 remaining drops in the pack.
  • Options
    Probability for every pull is listed. For legendary you have 1.27% on every pull. Super rare is 5.06% probability on every pull. Click the little i in the top corner. You are guaranteed an event crew. As I read the info each pull has the listed odds.
  • Options
    Probability for every pull is listed. For legendary you have 1.27% on every pull. Super rare is 5.06% probability on every pull. Click the little i in the top corner. You are guaranteed an event crew. As I read the info each pull has the listed odds.

I understood the first time and I’m aware of the little box. You’re not understing my question, I only care about the garanteed event crew. Not the rest of the pack which are the percentages published.
  • Options
    There are no guarantees except you get one event crew. Odds of legendary event crew are 1.27%. If you aren't one of the 1.27% that get the event legendary, you default and get one of the other 4* event crew. That's how I read it.
  • Options
    I understood your question, I am just wondering why you would think the legendary event drop rate would be different. A premium pack guarantees one super rare. Here the super rare defaults to the event crew. All the rest of the probabilities should be the same.
  • Options
    I don't think there is an additional split. The first box (most of the time) spits out your guaranteed crew. After that, the listed drop rates apply with some kind of correction if a super rare doesn't pop up somewhere. That's the way I read it, one guaranteed box and the rest of the drop rates as listed.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I don't buy a lot of event packs compared to others but in a year of playing I have only gotten 3 of the 5* event characters. I buy the packs looking for 4* cards expecting not to get any 5* just based on listed probabilities. You buy the event pack looking for event characters but the same odds should apply.
  • Options
    please explain why someone can get 3 legendary crews from 1 pull, and our poor friend roadRunner get 1 from 22 packs?

It is all fuzzy math/algorithm.

Why if we don’t get a legendary, then super rare is 100% guaranteed?
    how does the math actually works with the published drop rates? who knows...

DB can publish whatever drop rate they want, but deep down we know it is not true. (I think the drop rate is 0.01% for legendary)
  • Options
    I am not trolling. I don't do that. I actually read your question and stayed up trying to answer instead of going to bed. The way I read it, the legendary is always 1.27% in every box. Event crew is guaranteed if you don't get into that 1.27% rate for legendary you get the other 4* event crew. I have only been playing for a year so maybe @Shan can correct me if I am wrong. The way I read it the listed rates should always apply. This means first box 1.27% event legendary then default to other event crew which mean 98.73% 4* in other box. You buy packs for event crew same odds should apply. If not, listed odds need updating. Anyways, I am tired and off to sleep. Have a good night.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Word on the street is the drop rates are 45% for each super rare in an event pack and 10% for the legendary
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Word on the street is thexdrop rates are 45% for each super rare in an event and 10% for the legendary

Yeah, that’s the general consensus. I’d ike them to clarify this. I might just had the worse luck in DB history.

@Average Guy thanks for trying to help. But that’s not how event packs works, % on the legendary for the event drop is not the one showing in the help box. DB never published that. Hence my question
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word on the street is thexdrop rates are 45% for each super rare in an event and 10% for the legendary

Yeah, that’s the general consensus. I’d ike them to clarify this. I might just had the worse luck in DB history.

It would be some horrible luck but I’ve never experienced it that bad. If I want the event crew, I buy the $25 and the $10 pack. That gives me 7 pulls. I have never failed to get at least one legendary from that. In fact, during the Kholinar Spock event, I got 4 Spock’s in 7 pulls. I only needed to finish top 1000 to innortalize him which was a piece of cake. That was some brutal luck you had there, no doubt

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Salty, salty, salty... all my dils gone. Mark my word, with my luck next week will be crew I’ll die to have and no Dil to buy packs.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I knew it was 1 out of 22, I wouldn’t have wasted all my dillitium. I feel quite salty and cheated.

My personal experience for golds is usually not that bad, but I have had a couple of extra bad streaks where without one (IIRC the worst streak was 27 10x pulls with no gold). Then other times I'll have really good streaks (like 3 Ganster Kirk's in 5 pulls, 2 Loque'eque Sato's in 3 pulls, etc).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Salty, salty, salty... all my dils gone. Mark my word, with my luck next week will be crew I’ll die to have and no Dil to buy packs.

I do believe the event percentage of 45/45/10 is correct. Take the Tuesday pack for instance. No matter how much I would want who is in it I would never even consider buying it. The odds are awful and I would come away feeling burned. The event packs, however, don’t do this to me. As I said, I get 7 pulls and I have never failed to get at least one. I’ve gotten 3 out of them plenty of times, one of which was Campbell’s Soup Picard. Got three Zeks too. Plus with event packs there’s decent chances to get a random legendary behold in any of the slots. This happens a pretty satisfying amount of times.

• Options

I do believe the event percentage of 45/45/10 is correct. Take the Tuesday pack for instance. No matter how much I would want who is in it I would never even consider buying it. The odds are awful and I would come away feeling burned. The event packs, however, don’t do this to me. As I said, I get 7 pulls and I have never failed to get at least one. I’ve gotten 3 out of them plenty of times, one of which was Campbell’s Soup Picard. Got three Zeks too. Plus with event packs there’s decent chances to get a random legendary behold in any of the slots. This happens a pretty satisfying amount of times.

One thing I noticed is that i’ve always had a lot of luck buying packs for real cash the day of the event. They’ve always been very generous. Special offers after this, not so much.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing I noticed is that i’ve always had a lot of luck buying packs for real cash the day of the event. They’ve always been very generous. Special offers after this, not so much.

I didn’t think of it that way. You may be on to something. It’s AN event pack but not THE event pack. I bought it for 5 pulls and did get one Paris out of it. I dumped him though. Can’t stand that onesie he’s wearing. Was looking for a lucky legendary behold.

• Options

I didn’t think of it that way. You may be on to something. It’s AN event pack but not THE event pack. I bought it for 5 pulls and did get one Paris out of it. I dumped him though. Can’t stand that onesie he’s wearing. Was looking for a lucky legendary behold.

You dumped Paris? I bought these packs to try to get two of them. You’re just trying to hurt me 😜
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

You dumped Paris? I bought these packs to try to get two of them. You’re just trying to hurt me 😜

Nah man. I got whet I was hoping for. Around 5000 honor. Good deal for $10 compared to when they sell 2000 honor for $10. No bad feelings intended. Just merely trying to help you figure it out.

• Options

Nah man. I got whet I was hoping for. Around 5000 honor. Good deal for $10 compared to when they sell 2000 honor for $10. No bad feelings intended. Just merely trying to help you figure it out.

Not bad feeling man 🤘🏻. Honors, yeah. Got got the 5th star with the honors I got from these 22 packs 😂😂😂
  • Options

@Average Guy thanks for trying to help. But that’s not how event packs works, % on the legendary for the event drop is not the one showing in the help box. DB never published that. Hence my question

Just trying to pitch in like most of the people on the forum. 😀. There may be a difference in event packs (which I haven't seen published but perhaps others playing longer have) but unless they publish anything different we have to go by what is listed in the info box and accept better results as a bonus. That being said, maybe they cut and paste the info here and forgot to correctly add these probabilities. If they are different, maybe your post will get them to double check and change them.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate for 9 out of the 10 slots in the packs is 1.27%. We know this, and it seemed like @Average Guy was having trouble getting passed this. The guaranteed event crew where you have 2 SR and 2 Legendaries is definitely a different split, DB just hasn't ever posted what THOSE splits are... and I agree with the OP, we need them posted. In most cases people just accept the 1.27% isn't going to happen, but (to me anyway) that guaranteed slot SHOULD be an even split of a 25% chance for any of those crew although I know it's not even close to that generous
  • Options
    I was actually pretty satisfied with the pack. I bought the 12 dollar Tactical Burnham offer since I didn't have her yet and I needed more stars on both Kira and Paris. First pack gave me reed whos already immortal but the second gave me a third star on Kira. Got 2 more burnhams to FF her and my first FF behold. That was less than fun, but was gonna happen sooner or later. All in all, I have enough Honor now for another legendary citation, another star on a legendary and another FF SR to work on so it was a good 12 bucks for me.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

They've basically clarified this. Look at the published drop rates for the 6500 DIL packs. 90% 4*, 10% 5*.

The probability of getting exactly one 5* in 22 pulls is 24%. You were unlucky, but not incredibly unlucky. There was a 9.85% chance of getting 0 5*. At least you got the one you did.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »

They've basically clarified this. Look at the published drop rates for the 6500 DIL packs. 90% 4*, 10% 5*.

The probability of getting exactly one 5* in 22 pulls is 24%. You were unlucky, but not incredibly unlucky. There was a 9.85% chance of getting 0 5*. At least you got the one you did.

I did the math before I scrolled down...

My findings were exactly the same. :)

I've seen a lot worse RNG than that. I've gone more than 30 packs without a gold, and I know people who have approached 50 or more, and most people don't even track them that closely, so I imagine there are many worse cases out there that I'm unaware of.

Edit: Frank of eXo has tracked 6,400 premium packs and he received a gold about 10% of the time, so, it holds accurate in practice as well as theory.
  • Options
    Just an thought:
    If you take their published %s for the non-guaranteed drops, and multiply them out to cover 100%, it comes out to almost exactly 20% 5*, 80% 4*.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the same info. However, DB was pushed into doing what they have so far by Apple and wouldn't have done even that if they weren't required. I don't see DB doing more than what is necessary to keep their game in the app stores so they can continue making money. Just doesn't make sense from a business viewpoint.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested