Home The Bridge
Options

The Day of Nothing

I had 17 general 10x packs from the last week's offer. Guess why I didn't crack them all open? Because I've wanted copies of the legendaries for $25 :smile: Every day, I've opened some packs until I got a legendary, and I've opened a lot: Borg Queen, Rura Penthe Kirk (unfortunately, I hadn't waited for 24 hours, so only one star of Kirk), two different Spocks, etc. etc. And every day I had to open 6-7 packs maximum to get a Legendary.
But yesterday a real disaster happened. I've bought the Burnham offer and had 22 packs total - not a single Legendary there! I've got seven copies of Burnham and a lot of various purple crew, mostly useless. Did you have such stories? I really cannot explain this. Maybe that's normal, and I've just got too lucky before? Or maybe that's because I didn't have enough free space for the crew, and the game "punished" me for that?

I'm totally confused now, and not sure what and when I'm going to buy next. What is "normal" and what isn't in this game? I read stories about people getting three Legendaries from a Burnham offer, and wonder, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the post below regarding the event pack odds
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate information rather. My bad
  • Options
    Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you got 7 Burnham and no legendary, means you got 15 Reeds. Why complain abot the Burnham? I don’t get it.

My 22 packs (oddly enough, same # as you: 13 Burhams, 8 Reeds, 1 Paris, 0 Kira

Edit: never mind... I get it, 17 Premium packs and no legendaries.
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you got 7 Burnham and no legendary, means you got 15 Reeds.
    Fortunately not, I had 17 Premuim packs (not from Burnham offer). Just seven copies of Burnham for me :smile:

• Options
    Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ector wrote: »
    If you got 7 Burnham and no legendary, means you got 15 Reeds.
    Fortunately not, I had 17 Premuim packs (not from Burnham offer). Just seven copies of Burnham for me :smile:
    Yeah, I got it after.. congrats for not being as stupid as me. Never play DB at 1am in the morning. I woke up and looked at my dils total. Feels like a real hangover. On the bright side, I’m ready for the next Discovery event. I’m leveling all of them to remind me what a dumbass I am (stats are not too bad anyway)

3dxcvtyc5uam.jpeg

• Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Last three offers I can't complain about. 35 packs opened over a week or so. Got a bunch of begolds.
    But had this before. Three 10x10 offers no legendary.
    With this much legendary in the game I guess the drop rate could/should be much higher.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this offer and I also had packs remaining from the other day. I also had absolutely no room, so of course I opened a few :D

Burnham packs: 6 x Burnham, 1 x Kira, behold for a purple, took a second star for the doctor.
    Worth noting I only had reed at 3/4 but i didn't get him :(

10 x 10 packs: i had 7 left, I opened 4. First drop was a be gold offering a third star for Capt Nog or Grilka/Benny. After a lot of soul searching (OH said Nog, fleet said Benny) I obviously went with the greatest love in my life, my fleet, and choose Benny B) rest was purples, can't properly remember which ones (i am definitely doing too many packs), am sure a had a behold and took another star on a other doctor, mainly because I see hologram traits on voyages and I don't have any levelled up yet.

To summarise, the first 10 packs gave me 2 legendaries and I generally feel very lucky if I get one per 20 pack, so to have 3 has made me really happy <3 I think RNG tends to work in cycles, every so often you're very lucky and then it dips and for a wee while you're not so lucky.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    It's abnormal in the sense that, when you open 22 packs, you'll probably get at least one legendary. But it's normal in the sense that, it's random, and sometimes you're going to get a run of bad luck. I can tell you I've had luck just as bad, and I don't even buy that many packs. If you've never had to open more than 6-7 packs to get a legendary before, then I'd say you've been pretty lucky.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Intelligence Officer
  • Options
    The stated odds of getting a gold are about 1/10, but you can definitely go through streaks of punishing RNG. My personal worst was 0/50.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    0/50 ? Ouch.
    I think I'd be red faced screaming at that point.
    (Full out Adam Sandler mode)
  • Options
    [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    I had a streak of 67 packs without a gold... But since then, it's like 1 in 6 or 7 packs for me.
  • Options
    I only buy event packs now unless I get them for free.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 43 packs last week for the Niners Worf/Sisko pack before I got a single gold.

While RNGesus can giveth, he can also taketh.