Home The Bridge
Options

You kidding me Dabo wheel??

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Rarely do I spend anything over the 30 milestone but as I saw spins from the bottom right progressing all the way across I figured well I'm due for something decent.. As soon as I was guaranteed a 2nd line... Of course... It's from the bottom right

awmtthw36vr8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Prakeshhhhhhh...yay!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Time_Portal#Dabo_Wheel

lkonrxjj9koz.png

It's Dabo. The house always wins.

That's interesting that the top row item has the same odds of dropping as the top row legendary crew.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, man, Dabo is a terrible place to waste dilithium. Several people in my fleet haven't gotten a top row prize in 2 years of play. I got lucky and have seen it about 3 times in a year and a half. The odds are awful.

eymd2scd4ohh.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I’ve taken to closely looking to see if there was equipment really worth it before the second spin.
  • Options
    belive me or not, proof it yourselfe, you only get some of the top row once a year (12months), that's how DB let dabo works
    I have to wait about 4-6 weeks, then its time i can show you my "luck" at the dabo
  • Options
    And the other feature, your inventory don't store the gifts. nothing new and also happens in gauntlet/shops (ESP. 3* items)/ skimrish (some didnt got cronitons, myself i didn't got the honor's ). But the winner is still the Voyager, if you get the right dilemma and you can't choose the right way to get the clown, or other 😴
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt Caotic wrote: »
    belive me or not, proof it yourselfe, you only get some of the top row once a year (12months), that's how DB let dabo works
    I have to wait about 4-6 weeks, then its time i can show you my "luck" at the dabo

Just passing the 2 year mark and I’ve never hit top shelf...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I always love the contrast between the Dabo expected drop rate table and players' actual reported experience. Granted, complaints are always more common than positive comments, but... if we assume a 1% hit rate for the top row, and if we assume a player spins Dabo once/day for a year, said player should hit top row 3-4 times every year. How many of us have actually done so? Crickets, yes? I have been playing for 22 months and I have hit twice (once for the 5*, once for an item). FWIW.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always love the contrast between the Dabo expected drop rate table and players' actual reported experience. Granted, complaints are always more common than positive comments, but... if we assume a 1% hit rate for the top row, and if we assume a player spins Dabo once/day for a year, said player should hit top row 3-4 times every year. How many of us have actually done so? Crickets, yes? I have been playing for 22 months and I have hit twice (once for the 5*, once for an item). FWIW.

Dabo drop rates were determined by analyzing player data/spins. Afaik, they haven't been officially released.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    okcwqfsitdbz.png

Just say "no" to dabo. I really wanted that Killy. I learned my lesson. I'm never doing that again.

Edit: To be fair, I would have been happy with just one pull from top row.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ADM Fletcher [ET]ADM Fletcher [ET] ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I used to think the second spin was a good deal. After about a year of believing that, I stopped and have regretted absolutely nothing. The dil adds up fast even at 10 per day.

Agreed! And when I finally hit that top row I'll be able to say it was achieved with a credit spin! ;)
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Options
    I've spun the wheel every day for over two years. Early on, I won a 4* Uhura, and at one point I got Proton Paris's 5* jacket (a really big deal as this was before the replicator), but I haven't hit the top row since.
    Started my VIP0 account a little over a month ago, and I got the jackpot last week. My main account is jealous because I don't have her on that account.
    m5nh9o3rnx8d.png
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I used to spend 10 dil on Dabo daily, then calculating the purported odds I realized that even if I did manage to one day get a top-line crew the cost would have been insane.

If I didn't have so many credits, I'd be suss on them too.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I've spun the wheel every day for over two years. Early on, I won a 4* Uhura, and at one point I got Proton Paris's 5* jacket (a really big deal as this was before the replicator), but I haven't hit the top row since.
    Started my VIP0 account a little over a month ago, and I got the jackpot last week. My main account is jealous because I don't have her on that account.

This is "normal" too. Create 100 new accounts and you will see you get btw the first (2-4) weeks the Jack in every of them. Thats the way DB feed new player (with a min. of two 5* crew to every new player, maybe from dabo, or Basis pull or, or or but after......).
  • Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    You all are making me re-think my 10 dil spin I do everyday..
  • Options
    Hamsters2 wrote: »

Like Belle’Anna I used to do it very single day. Stopped 5 months ago (1500 dils saved). Used to be good to get legendary ships schems. With voyages, I have rep rations up to my ears now.

Glad I stopped, even 5000 credits is a drag every day. 1.5 years and never hit the top row (many time spending 10 + 30 dils)
  • Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hamsters2 wrote: »

Like Belle’Anna I used to do it very single day. Stopped 5 months ago (1500 dils saved). Used to be good to get legendary ships schems. With voyages, I have rep rations up to my ears now.

Glad I stopped, even 5000 credits is a drag every day. 1.5 years and never hit the top row (many time spending 10 + 30 dils)

Swore I would stop, but so many good things on dabo wheel. I just had to today, you should have seen it! Darn, first item in first row again. Tomorrow, tomorrow, no more 10dil for dabo wheel, definitely starting tomorrow.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I only hit the 10 dil when my dil number is funky. Like today, it was 538. So, why not? Of course, I got the lowest ranking on line 1 with it, lol, what a shocker.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt Caotic wrote: »

This is "normal" too. Create 100 new accounts and you will see you get btw the first (2-4) weeks the Jack in every of them. Thats the way DB feed new player (with a min. of two 5* crew to every new player, maybe from dabo, or Basis pull or, or or but after......).

Hey, I didn't get a 5* from Dabo when I started. Ahh nuts, I can't put in a ticket for that one.......
  • Options
    Just passing the 2 year mark and I’ve never hit top shelf...

Same. A little under two years for me. Not one top row hit in that time, and I was taking two spins daily until just a few months ago. Wish I'd never bothered with the 10 dil pulls at all.
  • Options
    I have never gotten top row. Ever. Spin every day. Used to spend some dil here and there. Not anymore.