Home Make It So!
Options

Starbase room idea- Shuttlebay

Are you frustrated in faction missions with only 2 shuttles to use? then this room is for you. after 2 upgrades, all fleet members get 1 more shuttles. so, it limits the fleet shuttle additions to 2 shuttles, and the room would be hard to upgrade( lots of holoemitters required).

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people with 4 already this extra shuttle would be problematic for various faction event reasons
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I would be okay with this idea if it added the potential for a fifth shuttle.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be okay with this idea if it added the potential for a fifth shuttle.

I would not
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Adding shuttles beyond 4 would cause a host of issues. As far as obtaining the shuttles up to 4, buy them--obtaining those is one of the few things in this game not requiring rng.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good with adding a 5th / 6th

Unpopular I know, but would really shake/spice up Faction events and help during non event time to build up extra supplys.

I know not everyone has enough top deck crew per say nor quite enough crew slots (close though, even for f2p ). But with the game maturing, slots expanded, game pace sped up via voyages I don't think it would be as horrendous an idea as it would have been a year ago.

I'm also down with starbases speeding up shuttles

But, with thati think an over haul of the shuttle time changing boosts would be in order.

Instead of a flat reduction or increase in prespecific numbers (-90 minutes regardless shuttle time being 5 minutes or 3 hours) a percentage based system would be more in tune.
    The extenders have needed revising for a long time already.

additionally
    I'd be great with an odds boosting room.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    OR... instead of a "shuttle" we get the Delta Flyer, which is essentially a mini-starship since it can travel warp 9.999999. Those willing to shell out for it, (or as a Starbase Bonus?) can use for Shuttle missions, but not in Faction Events. I think it only holds 6, so Voyages is out.

I definitely agree with getting the boosts in order would be great. Getting 3*/4* MED boosts about 4 to 1 over all others, and don't get used up because most missions including event missions don't support MED strongly enough. If I didn't already have ridiculous amounts of replicator fuel, those would be in the mix.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    i want a 5th shuttle now.
  • Options
    I like the idea of an upgradable Shuttlebay in the Starbase, but NOT to add more shuttles. (I agree with earlier posters, and also find my own three shuttles to be just the right amount, thankyou!) Rather, why not have the Shuttlebay give a percentage reduction in shuttle mission times? Not sure what percentage reduction per Shuttlebay level would be reasonable; maybe 5% per level, max three levels, so max 15% reduction in travel time? That would reduce the longest 3 hr. missions to 2 hr. 33 min., comparable to the 2 hr. 30 min. length of the longest missions with an event winning faction bonus.

This.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the ideas of speeding up missions and reducing difficulty by a few points. I'd also like a room for crew quarters to make more slots. Even if it's one at a time. Just something to give players more to do and show us that you're working on new stuff and not maintaining the status quo.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time reduction would work, but only for regular faction missions. That’s too much of an unfair advantage in events.
  • Options
    oh a 5th shuttle yes please
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    A fifth shuttle would further wreck faction missions. Whales with a fifth shuttle would make ranks in the top 1000 nearly impossible for most.

I wouldn't mind a starbase room that improved shuttle success chances though. One room level adds +1% to success rate.

Or add tritanium and holoemitters to shuttle rewards and add a room that boosts the reward. One room level adds +3% starbase components rewards. A level 10 room would add 30% increase to shuttle rewards of tritanium and holoemitters.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    4 shuttles are enough for an event, more will affect the ballance of the game and players with 4 shuttles allready won't contribute to that building leading in chaos on fleet