Home Engineering Room

Does not load game on Facebook or Gameroom

It's been nearly a month that I can't play on FB or GR. For both, it always stucks at "Priming Spore Drive" screen and my notebook fan goes crazy and nothing else happens.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much memory do you have on that notebook?
    Was there a recent update for the operating system?
  • RizuRizu ✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Sorry for late response.

My notebook has 8 GB memory and an adequate configuration. My OS is also up to date. I've deleted cookies, cleaned up browser catch etc.

The problem occured 1-2 months ago, before that I could play on FB or GR perfectly. A few times game was loaded but froze after a few seconds again.
  • Just curious, @Shan , but I'm one of the people who can't play on Steam and I noticed that your servers need to issue a token to player's install for it to work, regardless if it is Steam or FB. I still can't play on Steam and my symptoms look like what @Risu is seeing via browser. Would this be a similar issue?

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    Just curious, @Shan , but I'm one of the people who can't play on Steam and I noticed that your servers need to issue a token to player's install for it to work, regardless if it is Steam or FB. I still can't play on Steam and my symptoms look like what @Risu is seeing via browser. Would this be a similar issue?

I thought that in your case you were seeing a pop up "internet unavailable"?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rizu wrote: »

Sorry for late response.

My notebook has 8 GB memory and an adequate configuration. My OS is also up to date. I've deleted cookies, cleaned up browser catch etc.

The problem occured 1-2 months ago, before that I could play on FB or GR perfectly. A few times game was loaded but froze after a few seconds again.

Did you try removing Gameroom and removing the app from Facebook and installing it again?
  • RizuRizu ✭✭

Sorry for late response.

Did you try removing Gameroom and removing the app from Facebook and installing it again?

I've tried it now, no change. Still freezes after a few seconds and fan goes crazy. As if algorithm is stuck in an infinite loop.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Just curious, @Shan , but I'm one of the people who can't play on Steam and I noticed that your servers need to issue a token to player's install for it to work, regardless if it is Steam or FB. I still can't play on Steam and my symptoms look like what @Risu is seeing via browser. Would this be a similar issue?

Yes, but I'm wondering if it is because of the inability to authenticate. Monitoring the app's network usage does show network and internet access, but I did notice that a file that looks like an encrypted token does not get created when I use my login.

When the game loads, it shows my correct DBID on the loading screen from a fresh OS install, so that should be indicative of network access.

I'm just wondering because there may be something in my account profile that prevents me from playing on Steam. Remember, I was the guy who was joined to 6 different fleets and didn't find out until we moved fleets because of an inactive admiral!

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for late response.

I've tried it now, no change. Still freezes after a few seconds and fan goes crazy. As if algorithm is stuck in an infinite loop.

I am out of ideas, I am sorry.
    Do you have a mobile device that could support the game?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but I'm wondering if it is because of the inability to authenticate. Monitoring the app's network usage does show network and internet access, but I did notice that a file that looks like an encrypted token does not get created when I use my login.

When the game loads, it shows my correct DBID on the loading screen from a fresh OS install, so that should be indicative of network access.

I'm just wondering because there may be something in my account profile that prevents me from playing on Steam. Remember, I was the guy who was joined to 6 different fleets and didn't find out until we moved fleets because of an inactive admiral!

If you have Windows 10, the issue might be with some of its security parameters. At least that is the case for some players, as you can see on this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/600750/discussions/0/1353742967806568025/?ctp=3