Home Ready Room

Help Spend my Honor

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm up to 140k honor, and I'm having a harder time deciding how to spend it than in the past. I'll hit at least 150k honor before the next mega event. Let's assume I will save 50k to put a final star on the new mega event legendary. That leaves 100k honor. My top options:

1. Wait. You never know when you'll draw a random third star on a current legendary crew member that will suddenly make it obvious who you should level up.

2. Buy Captain Beverly Picard. (Nice to have that MED/COM combo for gauntlet, but otherwise I don't need her really. I've got Age of Sail Crusher (1/5), Mirror Beverly Crusher (1/5), and Dr Crusher (4/4). I've also got the same top MED as many other players with Prisoner Katrina Cornwell (5/5), Bell Riots Bashir (5/5), Combat Medic Paris (4/4), and Mirror Phlox (4/4).)

3. Add citation(s) to one of the following:

a. For Diplomacy: Zhian'tara Odo (1/5), Kolinahr Spock (2/5), Interfaced La Forge (1/5), Martian Quark (1/5), or Romulan Picard (1/5). (FYI, my best diplomat for base skill is immortalized Prisoner Katrina Cornwell, even though it's not her primary skill. Next best are Victorian Pulaski (4/4) and Mintakan Troi (4/4).)

b. For Command: Borg Queen (4/5), Commander Kira Nerys (1/5) or Captain Lorca (1/5). (FYI, Borg Queen is currently my best commander for base skill. Next best are Mirror Picard (5/5) and T'Kuvma (4/5).)

c. For Engineering: Romulan Data (1/5), Mirror Data (1/5), or Dress Uniform Scotty (1/5). (FYI, my best base skill engineer is 5/5 Assimilated La Forge, but it's a sharp drop off after him, with Dress Uniform Scotty being second best.)

d. For Security: Kortar (4/5), Falcon O'Brien(1/5) or Durango Troi (1/5). (Kortar is currently my best security base skill, followed by Mirror Picard (5/5). These versions of O'Brien and Troi are the next best.)

e. For Science: Leonardo da Vinci (1/5), Protomorphosis Barclay (1/5), or Honey Bare Jadzia (1/5). (My best science base skill is Assimilated Janeway (5/5) followed closely by Surak (5/5) -- then a sharp dropoff to Graduation Michael Burnham (4/4)).

f. For Medical: Mirror Beverly Crusher (1/5) or Crell Mosett (2/5). (As noted above, I've got other strong MED crew that many others now have as well.)

g. For Arena: Captain Killy (1/5), Suus Mahna Sarek (1/5), or Captain Pike (1/5). (I currently fly the IKS T'Ong at Level 10 with Assimilated Janeway (5/5), Killy, Sarek, and Platonian Kirk (4/4). It's possible there are other excellent options for Arena in my crew but I just don't know it.)

h. For upcoming Discovery events: Captain Pike (1/5) or Away Team Saru (1/5). (This is just playing the long game that it's highly likely they'll be coming to the game in at least two new versions during the next season of Discovery, so they'll be good event crew.)

I know many of you prioritize based on Voyages/combined score, not just base skill. That is a consideration for me as well, but as a general rule I focus most on the weekend events and base skill is what matters for faction and galaxy events. Also, if I add 2 new stars to one crew, I'll probably end up focusing on finishing them over the coming months as well -- so it needs to be someone I'll want to finish.

Thanks for you thoughts.
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• I think I would throw out citing any 1/5s right off the top. The boost the second star brings is not worth the honor cost IMO. Waiting is certainly a viable option, especially if you can get a second star for some of the better 1/5s you have, like Zhian'tara Odo or Romulan Data. I think you can put off buying Beverly, you are pretty well set on MED crew.

If it were me, I think the first thing I would do is immortalize Borg Queen or Kortar, which ever your preference is (I would choose the Queen personally). They are both in the portal, so you run the risk of them coming in a behold later, but I don't think that is a probable enough likelihood to really worry about. Chances are you would be able to use one of the other two choices anyway.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I would wait on your decision until the next Mega event is announced. Odds are, spending 50k on the recurring character will be, at worst, a good investment (possibly even a great one).

You didn't mention Kahless anywhere. Do you already have him? I would consider him much much sooner than Capt. Beverly.

Otherwise, you mentioned 3 that you have at 4/5 (Borg Queen, Kortar, T'Kuvma). All three of these (I think?) are in the portal now, so by citing them, you start risking FFed beholds. Borg Queen isn't as strong as she was when first released, but she's easily the strongest of those three. Kortar is good, but not great (and CMD/DIP/SEC is the most common stat set). T'Kuvma probably isn't worth it because he's 2-stat.

Of the other characters you mentioned, Da Vinci stands out as having the best voyage score. None of the others remotely pique my interest from a stats-perspective.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I would wait on your decision until the next Mega event is announced. Odds are, spending 50k on the recurring character will be, at worst, a good investment (possibly even a great one).

You didn't mention Kahless anywhere. Do you already have him? I would consider him much much sooner than Capt. Beverly.

Otherwise, you mentioned 3 that you have at 4/5 (Borg Queen, Kortar, T'Kuvma). All three of these (I think?) are in the portal now, so by citing them, you start risking FFed beholds. Borg Queen isn't as strong as she was when first released, but she's easily the strongest of those three. Kortar is good, but not great (and CMD/DIP/SEC is the most common stat set). T'Kuvma probably isn't worth it because he's 2-stat.

Of the other characters you mentioned, Da Vinci stands out as having the best voyage score. None of the others remotely pique my interest from a stats-perspective.

Thanks. I do have Kahless (1/5). His principal value to me is for gauntlet, which is why I didn't bother to list him.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Thanks. I do have Kahless (1/5). His principal value to me is for gauntlet, which is why I didn't bother to list him.

He's #10 overall for Voyage score, so you really should consider him. Considering the prevalence of CMD vs SCI/ENG, though, you'd probably get more mileage out of dropping 4 stars on Da Vinci before Kahless.
    edited July 2018

He's #10 overall for Voyage score, so you really should consider him. Considering the prevalence of CMD vs SCI/ENG, though, you'd probably get more mileage out of dropping 4 stars on Da Vinci before Kahless.

On Kahless -- My own thought process has been that Commander Kira would be the better choice since her total point value on voyages isn't that far behind Kahless, she has the same three skills, her base skill is so much higher (for events), she's more likely to get a bonus for events as a main cast member, and I already get the gauntlet advantage from Kahless with just one star.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    On Kahless -- My own thought process has been that Commander Kira would be the better choice since her total point value on voyages isn't that far behind Kahless, she has the same three skills, her base skill is so much higher (for events), she's more likely to get a bonus for events as a main cast member, and I already get the gauntlet advantage from Kahless with just one star.
    On other hand Kahless is (mostly) risk-free choice for citations.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    To be honest I am tempted to cite interfaced Geordi but that’s because he is not in portal and ranks 6th for voyage score in total and I already have him at 2/5
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    To be honest I am tempted to cite interfaced Geordi but that’s because he is not in portal and ranks 6th for voyage score in total and I already have him at 2/5

He is my next target. I am waiting to see what comes from the next mega and building him up if nothing else looks good.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wait to see who the next mega event legendary crew is. With your other honor I would focus on DIP or ENG. Two stars on Scotty would be a good boost to your ENG skill, while two stars on Interfaced La Forge would be nice for DIP. Also, Geordi probably won’t be in the portal for, what, a year? No need to worry about getting him ina behold.
    Thanks, all. I didn't realize Geordi was so strong -- that's helpful. I think I'll wait to see who the new mega-event crew is -- in case it's strong in DIP or ENG -- and then make my move.
  • Dress Scotty is a good choice if you don’t want to wait. I’m considering him myself (2/5) to spend up to FF him to finish the Spit and Bailing Wire acheievement.
    Dress Scotty is a good choice if you don’t want to wait. I’m considering him myself (2/5) to spend up to FF him to finish the Spit and Bailing Wire acheievement.

That's right, he's a jury rigger. Good point.