Home Ready Room

Arena idea: the critical hitting crew

Take a D'Kora Krayton ship with Crit. Rating 1400. Then use Mirror Leeta (Crit. Rating +1500 burst), Undercover O'Brien (Crit. Bonus +18000 burst) and Ardra (the same Crit.Bonus + 18000 burst). The result is Crit. Rating 2900 (29%) and Crit. Bonus 41000 (+410% damage). Push the EMP button and one-shot the enemy ship :wink:

Did anybody try this, and how effective it is? I've got all the crew, but O'Brien is only 2*, and Ardra 1*, so I will need a lot of citations to develop them.

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried this out with a 1/5* Klingon Janeway in the fourth slot (for an extra +10,000 to crit bonus) and got thoroughly owned by a T’Ong. I did wipe out their shields and maybe 1/4 of their hull but the EMP wasn’t as helpful as hoped. I’ll give it a few more tests and see what happens but then these three are going back into the freezer in favor of Mirror Mayweather, 1701 Jadzia, 1/5* Captain Scott, and Crell Moset on my Bounty.
    Possibly a worse result against a Bounty with T’Kuvma: was able to activate everyone after their cloak was up and just barely took out all of their shields. All the extra evasion help didn’t stop T’Kuvma’s blast from taking out all of my shields and two-thirds of my hull, though not much else of note happened until T’Kuvma popped again and took out the rest of my hull.

One of the problems with this crew setup is that there are no base attack boosters. For my last attempt I may replace Janeway with T’Kuvma or Killy.
    That works much better: one battle against a T’Ong and a Bounty resulted in near-instantaneous destruction upon activating my 2/5* Killy. I’m still going back to the Bounty (it saves three crew slots) but even with a small sample set this crew idea seems to have merit.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    That works much better: one battle against a T’Ong and a Bounty resulted in near-instantaneous destruction upon activating my 2/5* Killy. I’m still going back to the Bounty (it saves three crew slots) but even with a small sample set this crew idea seems to have merit.

Interesting. Right now I'm flying the T'Ong and using 5/5 Assimilated Janeway to get my attack up, 4/4 Platonian Kirk to get my accuracy up (and add a little crit bonus), then using 1/5 Killy and 1/5 Kung Fu Sarek for the kill shots. Would using these crit bonus crew do a better job for the kill shots?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Interesting. Right now I'm flying the T'Ong and using 5/5 Assimilated Janeway to get my attack up, 4/4 Platonian Kirk to get my accuracy up (and add a little crit bonus), then using 1/5 Killy and 1/5 Kung Fu Sarek for the kill shots. Would using these crit bonus crew do a better job for the kill shots?

From what I have seen, instant damage bonus abilities are not considered critical hits on their own - for example, I found that during Skirmish event battles Killy either missed and did nothing, did a lot of damage, or did a ridiculous amount of damage - but it stands to reason that increasing the critical chance and bonus damage would be even better for a +xxx% damage crew than it already is for regular attacks.

At the end of the day, I would recommend doing what I did: do the minimum number of battles to maintain rank in each division you care about and use your remaining arena tickets to experiment with crew combinations against different types of ships.
  • Those last few items on each crew are always key, so if you're level 90, you will get smoked by a player with lesser crew but FF lvl 100.

One star Killy is pretty weak, and requires duras sisters or another high attack. Unfortunately I got her when I first started game and I would pay good money to FF her now.

She misses a lot because the opposing player has a higher evade. I have switched out of autokill mode and Ru'afo with Duras sisters plus alt future Dax seems unstoppable. Unfortunately the combo requires timing, so my rank drops a ton everyday.

What is a good crew to keep your rank from dropping?
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I **tsk tsk** at Arena battles. I suppose I need to do more experimenting.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Apparently I do poorly at arena battles.
  • I wish I knew more about how the numbers interacted with one another. Like how much damage per hit am I doing so I know how good of a bonus a "+5000 to crit bonus actually is.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Self-deleted for redundancy
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Self-deleted for redundancy
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I am still playing the Bounty with Wedding Dress Tpol for early evasion and Ardra, Killy and Tkuvma right after my cloak. Everyone is immortalized.
    There is no ship I cannot beat. I can loose sometimes, of course because of bad crits. But I win 9 of 10 and take always the first opponent to the right without checking crew or ship.