Home Ready Room
Options

Citating time!

Yesterday I've got +5 Super-rare citations. Who would be the best candidate? I've got a lot of them, probably a hundred :smiley: It would be great to know which super-rares are considered the best?

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My priorities for citing 4*s:
    1. Characters that will complete (or at least add to) collections
    2. Characters that are unlikely to ever be in the portal (voyage characters)
    3. Characters that have been released recently that aren't in the portal yet
    4. Everything else

I've only ever used one 4* citation (the one sent as an apology) and I used it on Keras shortly after the Romulan/Vulcan mega event so I could finish the Romulan collection.
  • Options
    I would say the voyage-only crew, especially those that apply to collections, should be a priority.
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    I would say the voyage-only crew, especially those that apply to collections, should be a priority.
    Most of my voyage crew are 5* :smile:

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ector wrote: »

"voyage-only crew" refers to the crew exclusivly available from voyages ( Thot'Gor, Lucien, The Clown, Janar, Colonel Worf, and Fierce Guinen).
  • Options
    Thot Gor is prolly a good candidate atm voyage-only + collection + Dominion for the August Mega
  • Options
    EddNogEddNog ✭✭

"voyage-only crew" refers to the crew exclusivly available from voyages ( Thot'Gor, Lucien, The Clown, Janar, Colonel Worf, and Fierce Guinen).

Yup, every time they offered the cash for purple citations, I did this. First two times, FF'd The Clown and Janar, and yesterday just FF'd Thot Gor. Now I still need to actually acquire Lucien, Colonel Worf and Fierce Guinan.

-Ed
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, a word about priorities. For super rares, I tend to focus on base skill but not a combination as I've found that legendaries - even if they have only one star - are better on voyages. (And since it doesn't matter for gauntlet if you add a citation, I assume that's not relevant to this exercise.) I also keep a few available for the arena. With that in mind, here are some of my favorites:

Best Command:
    Tieran Possessed Kes -- excellent command base skill, plus rare combo with medical.
    Commander Barak -- but less useful if you have T'Kuvma fused to at least 3*'s
    Herbert Rossoff
    Captain T'Pol

Best Diplomacy:
    Victorian Pulaski
    Mintakan Troi
    Ambassador K'Ehleyr
    Ambassador Shras

Best Engineering:
    Lal
    Niners Rom
    Tuskegee Mayweather
    Subcommander T'Rul

Best Security:
    Mirror Jadzia
    Robin Hood (Picard)
    Baku Worf
    Klingon Torres

Best Medical:
    Combat Medic Paris
    Mirror Phlox
    Holonovel Doctor
    Katra McCoy

Best Arena:
    Platonian Kirk - outstanding accuracy boost and decent crit bonus
    Undercover O'Brien - good evasion and outstanding crit bonus
    T'Mir - decent attack boost and a one-shot 200% bonus
    Prisoner O'Brien - decent attack boost and decent crit bonus
    Ardra - decent accuracy boost and outstanding crit bonus
    Rura Penthe Reed - outstanding attack boost
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    Thanks a lot, guys!
    Unfortunately, I don't have any super-rares from Voyages - how many hours should I spend to get them? I've never spent more than 4 hours, since my characters are undeveloped.
    I've got the following crew from the Matt's post:
    Commander Barak (2*) - not very important for me at the moment.
    Herbert Rossoff (2*) - much better, even though there are only two skills. Good combat bonus as well.
    Lal (1*) - one of the few Androids in the game. Great combat bonus, but very short-timed, and only two skills. And just three keywords.
    Niners Rom (1*) - really, really good. Patches my ENG hole, and provides a great combat bonus, though a short-timed. Nine skills and two collections! He's so ugly, alas...
    Subcommander T'Rul (2*) - not very good in every sense.
    Klingon Torres (4*) - already at 4*.
    Combat Medic Paris (1*) - I should really pay more attention to the event :smile:
    Holonovel Doctor (2*) - really good. I plan to develop him.
    Platonian Kirk (3*) - I was aware of him, and he's almost completed.
    Undercover O'Brien (2*) - I like him very much.
    Prisoner O'Brien (1*) - Also like him very much.
    Ardra (1*) - another Undercover :smile:
    Rura Penthe Reed (1*) - really, really good for Attack.

Thanks a lot, Matt, now I know what to do.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot, guys!
    Unfortunately, I don't have any super-rares from Voyages - how many hours should I spend to get them? I've never spent more than 4 hours, since my characters are undeveloped.
    I've got the following crew from the Matt's post:
    <snip>

I would focus on Lal and/or Niners Rom (both being ENG, you only need to worry about one at a time), plus Combat Medic Paris and/or Holo Doc (again, you only need to do one at a time...CM Paris has slightly better MED stats, but since you've got one more star on the Doc, I'd say you should probably do him first).

After you get them leveled up, you can shift a bit of focus to the Arena crew you listed, but Arena should be one of the last things you worry about in this game, because the payoffs are just not as worthwhile as virtually any other aspect of the game.

Regarding Voyage-only crew, I wouldn't worry about trying to get any of them. At least not yet. (Although as you say, if you're only doing 4-hour Voyages, they won't be a concern at all.) Voyage-exclusive crew (of which there are six right now, and which are all 4*) only drop one time, so you'd have to use citations to get them fully fused. I'd actually suggest you purposely try to avoid the dilemma choices which drop them. Go to this page for all that info:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I've never spent more than 4 hours, since my characters are undeveloped.
    All two-dilemma ones are achievable at, well, 2 dilemma and so 4h. It's just a matter of luck. But do not worth of extending for dil though if you can't reliably get said 4h.

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot, Matt, now I know what to do.

Glad to be of help.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends