Home The Bridge

Mistress Of The Mirror - 10 pack joy!

So... I'd been looking at this weeks event with some interest and for a massive whole 8 hours or so, I'd been debating whether it was worth trying for Emperor Georgiou or not...

Woke up this morning, doing my dailies, I went for it - big time.

Hit up the 2x Emperor Georgiou deal with the 10x Event packs and all the other stuff that comes with...

I was in the right mood so I jumped straight onto the DYC to get Philippa up to 3/5 and equipped to Lvl 50.
Then I started opening the packs...
vo96b1zoq03e.png

Festive Troi! Not a bad start...

bacbtfb4c5yq.png
5vhj6n54dq52.png
9inb8ak6278k.png

Sweet! There's my 4th star for the Emperor! and two Beholds.. Wesley went straight out the airlock because it's, well... Wesley, but Resistance Shakaar wanted a 2nd star, so...

choi6yumeput.png
lkp1yw0jb9lz.png

Ahhh - Dixon's already finished in my crew, but the BeGold was a tricky one... Opted for Assimilated Torres to make her my new top engineer!

nkicrgwee9it.png
voa0mlwb0qtc.png

Awesome! 5th star for Emperor Philippa! (starting to worry I may get a 6th and will have to consider airlocking my 1st Legendary!!) And another BeGold! AOS Crusher, welcome on board - new #3 Medic.

s62lhday7k42.png
tq01me6ngujv.png

Dixon again - no problem. Took the Gorn in the Behold as he's in the cryo collections.

wivxwgyfbxrd.png

Festive Troi #2! Thank you very much!

dqmbal2nofme.png
p2oisg6pdnmc.png

Another Dixon Hill, another Behold, another Shakaar! Keep 'em coming!

hkvsnzjy8zm8.png
px93rf244ep3.png

Festive Troi #3! Another Behold! - took Tomalak for the cryo collection.

ku4fhk1iol3u.png
wlbfk85fwfww.png

Dixon Hill again! But another BeGold! Difficult one for me. I wanted Mirror Spock, but wanted Seven more! Kurros was a useful addition though...

2jt1u495ycdp.png
3mxuq6cchy4j.png

The BeGold popped up first! What to do? Add a 2nd star to my new Seven De Neuf? Give Red Worf another star? Nope. Took RAF O'Brien to boost my engineering team and the cryo collection... Another Dixon Hill? More honour... and finally - the last star for Festive Troi. Can't complain about that!

That was a busy morning! 5 new Legendaries, one already FF'd! Another FF'd new Super Rare Event Crew and a few useful additions to other Super Rares in the crew... A nice big bowl of Dilithium to keep me amused for a few days... Oh, and my purchase took me to VIP 14, so another 20 crew slots appeared as well! Time for breakfast after all this excitement, I think!

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought one 650 dilpack and got Mamma Troi and a Begold for Captain Laforge, Drunk Troi or 1st Officer Riker.

Better than hoped to be honest, and nice to get the new SR card rather than just airlock fodder.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why they charge so much. Granted I'd love that legendary card, but now you have a FF event crew card, as well as a FF legendary, why would you bother playing the event at all? It seems like there's a lot of room for a cheaper legendary pack that would still leave playing the event worthwhile.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't get why they charge so much. Granted I'd love that legendary card, but now you have a FF event crew card, as well as a FF legendary, why would you bother playing the event at all? It seems like there's a lot of room for a cheaper legendary pack that would still leave playing the event worthwhile.

If someone has no time to play an event, but still wants the legendary card, at best FF, this pack is the best option. The "cheaper" version of it will come on friday (only one copy of the legendary, "only" 5 event packs etc.)
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Maybe I'm just a cheapo, but I've always thought the DYC was outrageous. I'm always shocked when people are so eager to buy it every time. I know I'm in the minority here, but the ONLY way I'd consider it is if it was $5, MAYBE $10 if I was already past that useless second star on Legendaries. It doesn't get good until the third and fourth!

I fully agree. I think $25.00 is way to high but I know a lot of people buy it. I don't honestly care about the equipment that comes with it, but if it was $5.00 I would probably buy it every time.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm just a cheapo, but I've always thought the DYC was outrageous. I'm always shocked when people are so eager to buy it every time. I know I'm in the minority here, but the ONLY way I'd consider it is if it was $5, MAYBE $10 if I was already past that useless second star on Legendaries. It doesn't get good until the third and fourth!

Could not agree more. it seems like a lot of people playing mobile games these days forget what games used to cost and will spend anything now. Entire games used to cost $50-70 with free expansions (for PC). Now people will spend more than that for one character in a game with hundreds of them. It's not just this game, DOTA is absolutely horrible for this. Constantly releasing new character dress-up outfits (remember when that used to be for barbie dolls only?) for $30+ and "battle passes" to have a secondary ladder ranking from the already existing one. It seems like the gaming community has lost all sense of rationality.

I will say that I don’t feel really all that cheated by the prices given how much time I spend here. With this game or really any entertainment activity, I prefer to look at cost per unit time rather than cost alone. I probably spend 90 minutes a day playing STT, on average, and have done so for over two years. 1.5 hours per day multiplied by, let’s say 700 days is 1,050 hours. If 50 VP per dollar spent is universal across all spending options, I’ve spent about $1.87 per hour of play.

Sure, games like Skyrim, Fallout, Warcraft, Starcraft, Civilization, and others will still win by this metric ($60-100 divided by 150-350+ hours is anywhere from $0.25-0.35 per hour) but even with all the money I’ve spent on STT I am still ahead of going to a movie theater ($6-7 per hour), bar ($5-20 per hour depending on drink prices), sporting event ($5-50 per hour depending on sport/venue/food), or gentleman’s club ($50-300 per hour depending on drink prices and...activities) on cost per unit time.

I don’t disagree with the notion that the gaming industry, particularly for mobile games, has drifted away from a model that provided an immense value to the players. It would indeed be great if we went back to such simpler (and cheaper) times but the reality is that game development is more expensive now than ever...I wouldn’t be surprised if the default price for traditionally-produced games went from $60 to $70 or even $75 in the next couple of years.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Nero84 wrote: »
    I fully agree. I think $25.00 is way to high but I know a lot of people buy it. I don't honestly care about the equipment that comes with it, but if it was $5.00 I would probably buy it every time.
    I agree here, I have bought the DYC on occasions but really it is a waste as the increase in skills from level 1-2 is not worth it. If they were 3/5* I can see the appeal but then your wasting all the gear that comes with it as I would assume you had them leveled in that case.

Mabye the offer needs to be the crew plus chronos but personally I wouldn't buy as $25 for one card is crazy, especially if you just spent $100 on the event pack

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    My own guide is price per Legendary star. I aim at $5/star, but as we get plenty of free ones, anything around $7.50 is good. The offer that comes closest to this is the 10 for 10 offer. You should get on average, 1 and 1/4 legendary per offer plus honor for another 14% of a legendary or so. My spending is over this unfortunately, but mostly from early rookie mistakes buying dilithoum straight up.

I also have a free to play account which is a very different challenge and gives me value for nought, so it's swings and roundabouts. I wouldn't be tempted by the $100 packs in general unless it's someone I have to have and that list is very small as I can top 1k in most events if I want to.
  • eqnwcpi2rfdm.png
    07kjozy0x47b.png
    yg3bfla9om7u.png
    I opened 5 packs so I'm happy!!
  • You’re luckier than I was. After 6 packs, all I got was multiple Dixon Hills (I only needed 2) and 5 Troi’s and 2 4*. I was not very impressed and I REALLY want this 5* bc I love her and this art work is great. I don’t even need her for her stats bc they are kinda lame to be honest.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I agree here, I have bought the DYC on occasions but really it is a waste...

Mabye the offer needs to be the crew plus chronos but personally I wouldn't buy as $25 for one card is crazy.

So you bought the DYC offer on occasions, but personally you wouldn´t buy it as $25 for one card is crazy. That makes a lot of sense ;)

For me it all depends on the strength of the character and the number of stars. As was already said here:

The second star holds as good as zero value (although of course to get to 5 stars a second star has to happen).

Should I get the 4th star of a kick **tsk tsk** card in, say, the Premium Portal, in that case it would be something else. Cards like say FO Burnham, Doc Culber etc.

• TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    I got the Lwaxana two-pack and the Dixon Hill pack. From the Lwaxana bonus packs I got my first three Emperor Georgious and a DYC brought her to 4/5; also got stars for Interfaced Barclay and Ushaan Archer. From the Dixon bonus pack I got my fifth Georgiou.

These event packs been berry, berry good to me.
  • Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    shoulda went with Odo between the choices of Odo, Spock, or Seven cause that Odo counts as 3 event crew namely Odo, Jadzia Dax, and Ezri Dax and he has boss level stats as well
  • Similar to what everyone else is saying, the only times I buy the $25 DYC is if its a Mega event(always first week), Kahless, Cap Crusher, Gauntlet crew. I have bought it twice other than those due to pullying 3 leg in 5 packs for a fraction event.
  • Yeah, I got lucky with these pack too. I just needed one more Dixon Hill and the extras were a bonus, so I jumped for the $10 offer (I know most wouldn't but for me, it worked this time with the extras and whatnot). Both packs pulled Emperor Georgiou. Of course, that would never happen if I was actually TRYING for the legendary this time.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Could not agree more. it seems like a lot of people playing mobile games these days forget what games used to cost and will spend anything now. Entire games used to cost $50-70 with free expansions (for PC). Now people will spend more than that for one character in a game with hundreds of them. It's not just this game, DOTA is absolutely horrible for this. Constantly releasing new character dress-up outfits (remember when that used to be for barbie dolls only?) for $30+ and "battle passes" to have a secondary ladder ranking from the already existing one. It seems like the gaming community has lost all sense of rationality.

I will say that I don’t feel really all that cheated by the prices given how much time I spend here. With this game or really any entertainment activity, I prefer to look at cost per unit time rather than cost alone. I probably spend 90 minutes a day playing STT, on average, and have done so for over two years. 1.5 hours per day multiplied by, let’s say 700 days is 1,050 hours. If 50 VP per dollar spent is universal across all spending options, I’ve spent about $1.87 per hour of play.

Sure, games like Skyrim, Fallout, Warcraft, Starcraft, Civilization, and others will still win by this metric ($60-100 divided by 150-350+ hours is anywhere from $0.25-0.35 per hour) but even with all the money I’ve spent on STT I am still ahead of going to a movie theater ($6-7 per hour), bar ($5-20 per hour depending on drink prices), sporting event ($5-50 per hour depending on sport/venue/food), or gentleman’s club ($50-300 per hour depending on drink prices and...activities) on cost per unit time.

I don’t disagree with the notion that the gaming industry, particularly for mobile games, has drifted away from a model that provided an immense value to the players. It would indeed be great if we went back to such simpler (and cheaper) times but the reality is that game development is more expensive now than ever...I wouldn’t be surprised if the default price for traditionally-produced games went from $60 to $70 or even $75 in the next couple of years.

I'm not sure I agree that development is that much more expensive, if you take licensing out of the equation. I mean realistically speaking, you're paying for the Trek licensing here. Outside of the arena, you're talking about tech that has been in existence for years that is just being assembled in a unique way, with unique artwork.
    Yeah, I got lucky with these pack too. I just needed one more Dixon Hill and the extras were a bonus, so I jumped for the $10 offer (I know most wouldn't but for me, it worked this time with the extras and whatnot). Both packs pulled Emperor Georgiou. Of course, that would never happen if I was actually TRYING for the legendary this time.

The $10 for a regular premium 10 pack offer after the event is an event pull? I assumed it was a typical premium pull and Georgiou would not be in the available crew yet.
  • Yeah, I got lucky with these pack too. I just needed one more Dixon Hill and the extras were a bonus, so I jumped for the $10 offer (I know most wouldn't but for me, it worked this time with the extras and whatnot). Both packs pulled Emperor Georgiou. Of course, that would never happen if I was actually TRYING for the legendary this time.

The $10 for a regular premium 10 pack offer after the event is an event pull? I assumed it was a typical premium pull and Georgiou would not be in the available crew yet.

I think you're talking about a different offer.
    Ah sorry, after re-reading, I realize he was talking about the event dixon hill pack.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I'm not sure I agree that development is that much more expensive, if you take licensing out of the equation. I mean realistically speaking, you're paying for the Trek licensing here. Outside of the arena, you're talking about tech that has been in existence for years that is just being assembled in a unique way, with unique artwork.

Development costs for AAA titles from major publishers for console and PC have definitely gone up with the development of more detailed graphics (and expensive ad campaigns). You’re right about something like Timelines, however, which even with initial development costs being considered likely spends a good part of its working budget on licensing. It’s also why we can get things like FTL for $10 or Minecraft for $30 - they aren’t as graphically intensive as CoD, Fallout, or other games where there is a lot of time spent on designing sprawling environments and detailed characters.
  • i got nothing
  • i want something but i got nothing