Home Make It So!

Warp until acquire

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been suggested, but I'd like a "Warp until" button that lets me pick an item from a mission and automatically warp however many times it takes to get one. There are some items that aren't particularly common in recipes, but are also not a common drop. Spending the chrons on a warp 10 feels wasteful and hitting warp 1 6 or 7 or 8 or however many times is annoying. Yea, I know. #firstworldproblems

Comments

• I suspect this would result in hitting "warp until" for something like a basic science experiment and having hundreds of chrons disappear at once without a single science experiment dropping. I already have enough frustrations when my fat finger hits a Warp 10 without intending to do so. This seems potentially way worse.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »
    I suspect this would result in hitting "warp until" for something like a basic science experiment and having hundreds of chrons disappear at once without a single science experiment dropping. I already have enough frustrations when my fat finger hits a Warp 10 without intending to do so. This seems potentially way worse.

I gotta agree. You can go 30 warps without an encoded communique or hyperspanner. Though the thought of a warp 5 option has crossed my mind
  • All you do is cap it at warp 10. If you don’t get it after 10 runs you can hit it again. Beats hitting that button dozens of times.

Also, who the hell spends chrons for basic science experiments? I’ve got triple digits and haven’t spent a single chron for them.
  • The Basic Science Experiments are available 3 days a week in the Cadet Challenge. I do that, and get fewer Choritons, but would prefer to stock pile the experiments. They go quickly.
  • Fewer chrons? How do you get fewer chrons? It’s an epic level mission. There aren’t any higher unless you know something the rest of us don’t.
  • Lol. I would never try to get a basic science experiment outside of cadet missions. I was just using it as an example of a notoriously bad drop rate.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darxide wrote: »
    Fewer chrons? How do you get fewer chrons? It’s an epic level mission. There aren’t any higher unless you know something the rest of us don’t.

They drop at all difficulties and depending on what cadets you like to keep on hand, you might not be able to run the epic mission. It's still cheaper to take fewer chrons vs running a normal mission to get it.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    They drop at all difficulties and depending on what cadets you like to keep on hand, you might not be able to run the epic mission. It's still cheaper to take fewer chrons vs running a normal mission to get it.

You do know that the other two cadet missions don't give chrons, right?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

You do know that the other two cadet missions don't give chrons, right?

All. Difficulties.

avxnewtt4w3k.jpg
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I don't know if you know what the conversation is about. Either that, or you're having a conversation on your own here.

The point is, they drop on Epic. If you can't do Epic, that's on you. It's two-star crew. Level some damn crew and do the Epic mission. You can be doing this within a week of starting the game.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if you know what the conversation is about. Either that, or you're having a conversation on your own here.

Seriously?

This whole side conversation started when someone said that they run lower than max chron cadet missions to get science experiments and you jumped all over them asking what magical mission they know about that gives more chrons than the epic mission that drops science experiments. I then pointed out that science experiments dropped on all difficulties of EAS and that some people may choose to run the lower difficulty mission for crew slot reasons. You then doubled down on your mistake and attitude, and well, now we're here.

Does that help?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah on mon wed and fri the basic science experiment drops on the third epic mission. You can get your 25 chrons and your basic science experiments in one mission
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yeah on mon wed and fri the basic science experiment drops on the third epic mission. You can get your 25 chrons and your basic science experiments in one mission

Exactly. I think Dralix was dropped on his head one too many times. He's still having an imaginary conversation/argument that only he is involved in.
  • I agree with the original post.If you can't be relevant to it,do bug off.
  • Uuf anyone's counting, put another tick in the "no" column. "Fat fingers" reason.