Home The Bridge

Daystrom Deal

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like a no-brainer if you don't have him. I do, at 1/5, and adding a second star really isn't going to do much to change his dismal base stats. He's all about proficiency.

Although the chrons are a great value, if you need them. This would have been a sure thing for me during a galaxy event.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Too bad I have him immortalized, but DB more of these offers, please.

zhv8a0sihhcx.png
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, that makes offers 3 days out of the last 4. And actually, I bought several, so DB must be figuring out how to market to their audience.

Good on ya, DB. Keep it up. Daily offers, if you want. The more you fish, the more we'll bite.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the deal and want more of them... as soon as I have crew space.
  • just imagine how much they would sell if they said +1 Crew space
    just imagine how much they would sell if they said +1 Crew space

Yea, I wouldn't be able to handle seeing that 1 there. I like nice round multiples of 5 or 10. It still bothers me that the galaxy map constantly shows a notification of 11. That notification is completely useless, by the way.
  • I have him at 1/5 also and took the deal, in part to encourage more deals like this. I used the chrons to level a different legendary from 1 to 90. I laughed when the DYC offer popped up costing more than double the price for the first one.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I would do it if he was a 3 stat. But I have no interest in 2 stats unless it's for the character and art.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these deals. They've yet to do it with a character I'm actually interested in, so I haven't bought one, but I still love these deals.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for one of these deals to hit a crew member that I already have but for which I still need stars. Then it really would be a deal.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm waiting for one of these deals to hit a crew member that I already have but for which I still need stars. Then it really would be a deal.

Yep, this was my situation when they did one of these for Phoenix Cochrane. Had him 2/5 already so a third star for $10 was a no brainer, especially with the chrons and credits. These are really solid deals and I wouldn’t mind seeing them every week or two.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome deals, but the characters they’ve done dont jump out at me.

Admiral Kirk/Emotion Chip Data
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I laughed when the DYC offer popped up costing more than double the price for the first one.

Ha! And if you’d bought that the third star pop up would’ve been $50!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a no-brainer if you don't have him. I do, at 1/5, and adding a second star really isn't going to do much to change his dismal base stats. He's all about proficiency.

Although the chrons are a great value, if you need them. This would have been a sure thing for me during a galaxy event.

Thoughts?

Well, that many Chronitons cost $9.99 with nothing else......

Good deal.

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    I jumped on that Tactical Burnham deal last week. I'd take those over Legendary characters, at least then I have a much better chance of immortalizing them.
    I jumped on that Tactical Burnham deal last week. I'd take those over Legendary characters, at least then I have a much better chance of immortalizing them.

I never get the Offers. Which is good right now. I have like 12 hours pay on my next check, since I have been sick, so temptation is something I do not want.

But, when I am flush, I would take these $9.99 for a 5* and the other included stuff most every time.

Are you listening DB?!?!?
  • I jumped on that Tactical Burnham deal last week. I'd take those over Legendary characters, at least then I have a much better chance of immortalizing them.

I never get the Offers. Which is good right now. I have like 12 hours pay on my next check, since I have been sick, so temptation is something I do not want.

But, when I am flush, I would take these $9.99 for a 5* and the other included stuff most every time.

Are you listening DB?!?!?

I believe this offer should be going out to everyone. If you aren't receiving it, I would ask DB directly why not.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these but generally wouldn't buy them for a 1/5 (unless I really liked the card). They're a great way to add stars to an existing card though, I bought the last one for Agent Janeway to bring her to 3 or 4 stars. Considering you're usually buying a 1/5 for $50 for an event offer or $25 for a DYS this $10 offer is great.
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I like these but generally wouldn't buy them for a 1/5 (unless I really liked the card). They're a great way to add stars to an existing card though, I bought the last one for Agent Janeway to bring her to 3 or 4 stars. Considering you're usually buying a 1/5 for $50 for an event offer or $25 for a DYS this $10 offer is great.

Especially looking at the other stuff included. As I said above, 1250 Chronies are $9.99 during a Galaxy Event by themselves.....

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    just imagine how much they would sell if they said +1 Crew space
    Yeah, so true. DB should definitely do this. Or allow us to vault 1/5 that are lvl 100 and fully equipped.
    Let’s fly!
  • If you guys offered Detective Data, I would actually spend money for the first time ever on a single crew. He may be dated, but he was only available in an Expedition Event, so the chances of that getting re-run are zilch, and hoping for him in a Behold gets slimmer every time the portals get updated.
  • Ego DraconisEgo Draconis ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like this kind of offer. No, I didn't get it, got a boost offer instead. Nor I wouldn't get it, because I have a truckload of useless 1/5's waiting for stars.

Would I get it if these offers were... tailored to each player, say, I need a star on Gangster Kirk, someone else needs a star on his LaBorg? Oh yes, I would. *wink wink*

(Typo edited)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this kind of offer. No, I didn't get it, got a boost offer instead. Nor I wouldn't get it, because I have a truckload of useless 1/5's waiting for stars.

Would I get it if these offers were... tailored to each player, say, I need a star on Gangster Kirk, someone else needs a star on his LaBorg? Oh yes, I would. *wink wink*

(Typo edited)

One of these would be all I would need to complete the immortalization of my crew.

• edited July 2018

(Typo edited)

I got the boost offer as well as the offer for Daystrom. You should have also gotten them both.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    They usually offer these on middle-of-the-road characters. I did buy this one, since it put me one star away from immortalizing him (and finishing To Boldly Go).
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good offer, not for me thou.
    Not interested in character, doesn't add to existing either.

Keep putting these out please.
  • Love the offer and it's a great way to get a second star but this character really wouldn't help much - if it was a strong base rather than proficiency character I'd have bought it.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Havent these been averaging once a month? I like them but I wont bite on this one cause I got plenty of 1/5s, and at some point they are beginning to overlap.

Has the caretaker put this guy's gauntlet value out to pasture? I don't have a caretaker, and I stopped doing gauntlet, but I remember Daystrom being of value in the past.
  • Interesting offer indeed.
  • Has DB changed offer timers for all offers? Yesterday’s premium shuttle pack offer had 24h just like this one. Are others being changed too?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has DB changed offer timers for all offers? Yesterday’s premium shuttle pack offer had 24h just like this one. Are others being changed too?

I hope so