Home Engineering Room
Options

Shuttle suggestion rankings way off

This was the suggested crew for my single Diplomacy slot. I went with Pulaski

lgvbsvryxcl6.png

Comments

• Options
    The reason Picard is on tip is he is bonus crew. And especially with the booster will have better percentages at much lower levels than non bonus crew.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The reason Picard is on tip is he is bonus crew. And especially with the booster will have better percentages at much lower levels than non bonus crew.

Yup. The recommendation is right. If you do the math, Augment Picard (the Picard on top) beats Pulaski by 126 points.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This was for the Single DIP skill ( flirst slot in the 4 shuttle spots ), 265 with 2x bonus = 530.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was for the Single DIP skill ( flirst slot in the 4 shuttle spots ), 265 with 2x bonus = 530.

Wrong. The bonus of ur skill boost gets added to the 265 before event bonus applies. So the total number of 265+skill boost bonus gets the event 2x bonus.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Wrong. The bonus of ur skill boost gets added to the 265 before event bonus applies. So the total number of 265+skill boost bonus gets the event 2x bonus.

Edit: D'oh, nevermind. I didn't see he'd also applied a skill boost. Disregard everything below, lol.

Wait, what?!? As I understood it, the Faction event crew bonus has always been 2x for bonus event crew, 3x for main event crew. So for Augment Picard above, he would get 2x bonus, meaning that the DIP would be 530. At least that's what every single forum post (and wiki entry) that I've ever read has stated.

If he indeed had tapped on the DIP-only seat and not the SEC+DIP seat, then the above ordering does seem wrong. If I'm misinformed, please break down the math for me.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Good to know. I've been playing over a year and have been figuring wrong.

My algebra is rusty

2 x ( boost + 265 ) is 126 more than 1104 + boost
    2(x+265)=126+1104 + x
    2x + 530 = 1230 + x
    x = 700 for a 5* boost?

• Options
    I didn't have another DIP, but had a CMD to view
    jvs861thka0j.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    700 + 265 would be 965 for Augment Picard, double to 1930
    700 + 1104 would be Pulaski, 1804.

Robin hood would be 943 doubled
    Galen would be 941 doubled

I understand now, and see the power 5* boost had on event crew
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, according to Wiki, a gold boost gives +700 skill points. Sorry for the lack of specificity. :)