Home Ready Room
Options

Immortalizing a crew

edited December 2018 in Ready Room
How long does it take for everyone to immortalize a new crew?

It takes me forever, due to the special items I need to acquire, such as hologram, red alert, or the most difficult one, single pot whiskey, which most of the characters have? How long does it take you to obtain the items needed to upgrade a crew?

And the most annoying items that almost every crew has are medical lessons, social lessons, which can't be obtained.

Is there a trick in obtaining the hard items?

How do admins and that quickly immortalize their crew?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I have a VIP0 account I created about 6 weeks ago, and I have 21 immortals. It took me about 3 weeks I think before I was able to immortalize anyone. Now I'm averaging about one a day or every other day. I usually work on a few crew at a time in case one gets roadblocked by a faction item, but I try not to spread my resources too thin. I try to get faction items from cadet missions if possible, and I replicate items if they just aren't dropping.

Edit to clarify that I was talking mostly about 1* and 2*, but I do have two 3* and one 4* immortalized.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends really on what rarity the crew are, and how desperate I am to get them completed. I can sometimes finish a blue or purple in a day, maybe a day or two for legendarys, if i realy REALLY want to. It also depends on if I am saving chrons or not, and of course what faction items are required. I've just ranked high enough to get the Emperor and she's at level 50 without any effort. However now I need 3* casings and as I'm saving chrons I need to adwarp that item so it's going to take a wee while to complete her. There's not really any rush to get her done so I'm willing to wait.

It's really worth prioritising which you want to work on. I now always put event crew at the top of my list, once they're finished any FF SRs I have or a legendary I'm really excited about. I've stopped getting into such a tizz about immortilised crew tbh, as I tend to go absolutely crazy when there's a skirmish on and finish several crew that way instead. When I've gotto a bit of a blockage, I use all my replicator rations on those faction items I constantly use.

Also, I've noticed if its a really hard to level crew just work on that one person. Any try not to mix certain skills. I don't often work on two MED skilled at the same time for example, because they need so many MED experiments. I've currently just halted my levelling of Phlox because he's just such a pain in the neck so I changed to a second copy of Medic Paris as we've just had four days of federation shuttle's. They helped with all the film I needed for him.

I've not played long enough to get an entire hoard of items, but I have to admit working on maximum of 3 crew at a time helped things build up, and getting 4 shuttle bays was a game changer for me.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    3* crew are definitely the easiest crew to immortalize, along with 4***'s.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of limiting factors:

-Fuse level. As rarity increases, the likelihood of getting someone fully fused goes down unless you spend money or do well in events. For example: Warship Yar has been out for over two years and I have been playing longer than that but I only just got her third star to drop in a voyage last week. I won’t spend honor on a citation nor will I buy premium portal packs until she appears...so even though she is fully equipped (for a small bonus in an event with Sela from a while back) she is not going to be immortalized any time soon.
    -Certain Rare, Super Rare, and faction-only components. High-rarity components have to be farmed from high-chron missions or shuttle missions. Faction-only components must come from shuttle missions, faction stores, or the replicator. Even if you have the max of 8 replications a day, silly things like basic Ancient Films or basic Gagh can cause the leveling process to grind to a halt.
    -Trainer availability. Mid-level and veteran players have been able to work up their faction reputation such that trainers are not a problem to obtain, while new players are often forced to buy them with honor.
    -Leveling strategy. Too often, I see people that have a ton of different crew all sitting somewhere between level 30 and level 80, wondering why they don’t do well in events. If you can focus on one or two crew at a time (maybe three if you’re having trouble acquiring a faction-only item), you’ll be able to get them to level 100 (and possibly immortalized) and helping on voyages, shuttle missions, and events more quickly.

My recommendation to the OP, without knowing your top crew or what missions you have unlocked, is to replicate the basic and common components that are hard to get elsewhere: holoprograms, ancient films, medical lessons, medical experiments. Use your 2* and 3* crew on cadet challenges to get gagh and science experiments; you can also get some hard-to-find uncommon items like security codes, tactical alerts, and novels this way. Trying to replicate rare, super rare, and legendary items is expensive both by credits and fuel, so try to do that sparingly unless you really have no other choice.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirk makes a good point about choosing which cadet missions to run very carefully. You can always go into more detail on the wiki:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Cadet_Challenges

...but you could also just open up each of the missions, on all three difficulty levels (without running them), and note the items they drop. After awhile you'll get to know which ones are best for the most hard-to-get items, like, "Oh, on Tuesdays, if I run the 3rd mission on Elite, that drops Basic Romulan Encryption Algorithms, and the 4th mission on Normal drops Basic Medical Experiments."

And don't forget to visit all of the Faction Centers each day, in case they have one of those items on sale. (And play Gauntlet regularly — without spending many merits — so that you earn enough merits to spend in those centers. B) )

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a spreadsheet that lists all the rewards each day, but I've outgrown the need for it. If someone knows how to make such a sheet more publicly available, send me a message.
  • Options
    EctorEctor ✭✭
    I have a VIP0 account I created about 6 weeks ago, and I have 21 immortals.
    This is simply amazing! I am VIP 13, and I don't have even a single immortal. I'm too lazy :smile:

• Options
    Ector wrote: »
    I have a VIP0 account I created about 6 weeks ago, and I have 21 immortals.
    This is simply amazing! I am VIP 13, and I don't have even a single immortal. I'm too lazy :smile:

It's all about focusing resources on a small number of crew at a time. With VIP0, there's hardly any crew space, so you need to get the crew immortalized and out the airlock so there's room for more crew. I focused first on starting collections with 1* and 2* (especially those in multiple collections) to get those bonuses, and I have at least one in every collection except The Wild West.
  • Options
    Can you also reclaim the items that you have already collected? Is this what Ad Warping means? Or once you’ve collected that item during the missions, is it gone forever?
  • Options
    Can you also reclaim the items that you have already collected? Is this what Ad Warping means? Or once you’ve collected that item during the missions, is it gone forever?

If you're talking about rare rewards (the starred nodes), they can only be claimed once, and the mission will have the word "Claimed" over any item that cannot be claimed again.

Ad warping (which is not available on Steam or Facebook, I believe) is just clicking a button that plays an ad then warps the mission without using chronitons. It's useful for rare items that drop from high chron missions.
  • Options
    Is this what Ad Warping is?

qopw4dzfbv35.jpg
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    The orange one to the left is Ad Warping. The one you circled is when you have VIP3. It allows you to click one button and warp 10 times instead of hitting the Warp 1 button 10 times.
  • Options
    ad = advertisement, lol
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ad = advertisement, lol

To be fair, the orange button uses the word “video” instead of “ad”.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    ad = advertisement, lol

To be fair, the orange button uses the word “video” instead of “ad”.
    🖖🏻

True story
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    [Dirk Gunderson: Leveling strategy. Too often, I see people that have a ton of different crew all sitting somewhere between level 30 and level 80, wondering why they don’t do well in events. If you can focus on one or two crew at a time (maybe three if you’re having trouble acquiring a faction-only item), you’ll be able to get them to level 100 (and possibly immortalized) and helping on voyages, shuttle missions, and events more quickly.]

I'm one of those people with about 30-40 purples and golds sitting between lvls 30 and 80. I'm seriously considering going on a mass airlocking spree. But, what I started doing for now is focusing on lvling up characters that are either in collections or in the next event. That has sped some of it up.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!