Home The Bridge
Options

One Year of Honor Spending

Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
I bought my first 5* citation on 8/9/17. As the anniversary of that purchase approaches, I thought it might be interesting to review how I've spent my honor in the past year, and invite you to do the same. For any responses, let's keep this thread focused on what you did with your honor (or how foolish you think I was with mine) and let's avoid discussing the merits of the honor accumulation system, as that subject has been covered in numerous other threads. And so...

The summary:
15 x 5* citations
4 x 5* beholds
1 x 1* honor hall crew (Stargazer Picard)
933,500 honor spent
90,000 honor currently saved (w/ 50K to be spent or not on Ru'afo in 2 days).
Legendary crew total (8/9/17) - 12.
Legendary crew total (7/31/18) - 78.

5* Citations (not in sequence):
Regular crew:
3x RAF Miles O'Brien (need ENG!)
2x Gangster Kirk
2x Laborer Spock
1x Convergence Day Quark - the 1st citation
1x Captain Sisko
1x Tempted Data
1x Delta Flyer Paris
Mega-event crew:
1x Mirror Picard
1x Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
1x Surak
1x Bell Riots Bashir

5* Beholds
Seven of Nine
Mirror Regent Worf
Gangster Spock
Changeling Founder
(all beholds were new crew at the time of selection)

I haven't spent honor on anything else (no 4* stuff, no trainers/rations, no 100K honor crew). CD Quark was first because, at the time, he had the best improvement in his base scores compared to my other 11 legendaries (everyone was still at 1/5 back then). For the missing mega-crowd, did DYC for Borg Queen, Kortar found his way to FF via a random behold, and T'Kuvma does daily shuttle work just fine at 4/5.

Edit: mistaken memory. CD Quark was best gainer out of nine 1/5 crew. Borg Queen (5), Grand Nagus Rom (4), and Kortar (4) were multi-starred at that time.

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t tracked the total I have spent but it roughly breaks down like this:

-Stargazer Picard
    -4th star on Tommy Gun Dixon
    -5th stars on Mirror Picard, Cornwell, Surak, and Darth Bashir (did DYCs on other mega legendaries)
    -4 stars for Yarnek
    -4 stars for RAF O’Brien
    -1 stars for AoS Crusher (got her in a behold, DYC’d, another behold, then got another star in a rando straight drop)
    -3 stars for Mirror Cochrane (with the final one coming either tomorrow or after I’ve added a star to Ru’afo and the saved up another 50k)

I haven’t bought any legendary beholds yet because I don’t feel the need to add to my rather healthy list of 1/5* FE legendary crew. So many don’t often (or ever) see the light of day and the chance that I can get badly needed stars on Mirror Cochrane, Arachnia Janeway, or others just isn’t worth the risk.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stargazer Picard
    Kahless
    3x Citations for Leonardo
    2x Citations for Locutus
    1x Citations for Bell Bashir, Borg Queen, Delta Paris, Future Bashir
    Multiple 4* Citations. Probably 10-15 in total
    2x 3* Citations to speed up the Duras Sisters
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Disclaimer: I took a long break last year, so I missed some megas, and several months of Honor accrual.

1x Legendary citations for Borg Queen, Kortar, Surak, Bell Riots Bashir, and Romulan Data
    1x Rare citation for Tuvok to finish Tuvix (was pressed for crew space at the time)
    Kahless
    EMH
    Stargazer Picard
  • Options
    I didn't keep close track as you did, but I do remember the highlights.

I spent about 5 or 6 on 4* Cites, because those particular crew were sitting forever, never dropping in portal pulls or beholds, or Voyages and they really just needed to be in the freezer.

I got 4x5* Cites:
    One for Darth Bashir to get him to 4*s 3rd week of that Mega
    One was for Klingon Bride Jadzia, which gave her the 4th *, but coincidentally got her in a Begold the next day, which made me happy.
    To celebrate my milestone of 250 Immortals, I gave one 5* Cite to Cochrane to immortalize him at 250.
    and finally got one to only level one of my 3/5, and finally went with Mobile Doc since he had the best stats.

I also did 2x Begolds from Honor Store and got Gangster Spock and Assimilated LaForge, which was the 3rd Gold LaForge I got in a week. (Talk about crew leveling hell!)

All in all, I feel like everything was well spent. Only 113 *s to go for my Gold Crew. LOL
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't really been keeping track, but I think I've gotten the following from the honor store:

Some trainers when I first started out.
    Stargazer Picard
    2 or 3 Legendary Beholds
    3 or 4 Legendary Citations for Captain Sisko
    1 or 2 Legendary Citations for Admiral Kirk
    2 or 3 Legendary Citations for Mirror Spock
    About 2 Legendary Citations for Bashir, Julian Bashir
    About 2 Legendary Citations for RAF Miles O'Brien

And now I'm saving up for Legendary Citations for Laborer Spock.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't kept actual track so might be a little off, but from what I can remember my cites were...

Assimilated Janeway x3
    Degra x1
    Kortar x1
    Cornwell x1
    Darth Bashir x1
    Surak x1
    RAF O'Brien x1
    Mirror Picard x1
    Romulan Data x2
    Proto Barclay x1
    Mobile Doc x3
    Durango Troi x2
    Zek x1

Also bought Stargazer Picard

Currently have 174,199 banked. 50K for Ru'afo (probably) and I don't know what else yet.

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Played since October
    1 Citation on:
    Surak, Cornwell, Bashir (150k)

4 Citations on Guinan (200k)

1 Begold
    Assimilated Geordi (45k)

2 SR Citation - In the days before I didn't know much better. (36k)
    TA Seven
    Klingon O'Brien (Ok this wasn't a bad investment as he still isn't in the portal)

Days before Shuttlepod 3 and 4 arrived.
    Couldn't tell you how many times I bought the x50 gold trainers but probably no more than 10 (15k)

Current Balance 44,197 - cutting it close for the next mega event citation

H:c.450497 / c.254 days of playing = c.1,774 per day - yup that sounds about right (maybe a few more trainers) in the early days I would have earned less honor than the 2k a day I am roughly earning but coupled with achievements bonus this is a good approximate estimate for my early days expenditure.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played since 18th Feb

I did buy rather a lot of gold trainers in the beginning 😣

I've definitely added citations to:
    Surak - 5th *
    Bell Riots Bashir - 5th*
    Interfaced Large Forge - 3rd*

I've bought two begolds, back in the days when I didn't have many legendaries and I was absolutely desperate for them.
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Beowulf Kim

I've also bought rare citations for Tuvok and Lursa to finish Tuvix and the Sisters because I needed space.

I have 97,000 atm. Was saving for the (un)mega event recurring however I am really not sure if I'm spending precious honor on him. 4/5* are still incredibly useful to me so he's going to have to get some really awesome stats or I'm leaving him and using the citations on someone else. like Killy 😍 or large Forge (again) or Philippa Georgious who might only be at 1/5 but I also love her
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the first card I cited was Degra.
    Bought Kahless + four citations
    One citation for Dancing Uhura
    Two for Leonardo
    Two for The Traveller
    Three for Guinan
    One for Dr. Soong
    Two for Locutus
    Four for FO Burnham
    A couple of legendary pulls.
    Also Stargazer Picard and a couple of purple citations.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Love reading this. Sadly, I didn’t keep specific records, but I’ve generally used honor to free up slots and complete my 1-2-3 card collection. So, some guesstimates:

No Legendary citations or crew purchases.

Under 10 super-rare citations, including 3 to freeze a Voyage-only crew. FFing Voyages crew is my future honor focus.

Around a dozen rare citations to finish and freeze all my 3*s.

No uncommon citations.

Purchased Stargazer Picard.

I try to maintain a nest egg of 100K honor and only spend what I accumulate above that, in case DB decides to ever phase out Kahless or Captain Beverly and I need to make a quick purchase.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I haven't kept meticulous records, but I bought a handful of beholds at first to either increase the number of 5* or add stars to those I already had. I also bought Stargazer Picard, EMH MK1, Kahless & Captain Beverly Picard. Then I decided to start citing rather than risking a FF behold. First was Bell Riots Bashir to complete my augment collection, then Surak, Bartender Guinan (4/5 from gauntlet), and Cornwell. I already have Borg Queen and Kortar FF from beholds.

I'm planning on citing the recurring legendary right away during the upcoming mega. I was considering citing some other 4/5 crew, but I might prefer to keep citing crew who aren't in the portal yet, so I'm possibly saving now I think to eventually cite Kahless and Captain Beverly up to 5/5, then possibly Locutus when I hit 20,000 gauntlet rounds (I have him at 1/5 now), but I have 10,000 rounds to go before then.
  • Options
    I didn't keep close track as you did, but I do remember the highlights.

I spent about 5 or 6 on 4* Cites, because those particular crew were sitting forever, never dropping in portal pulls or beholds, or Voyages and they really just needed to be in the freezer.

I got 4x5* Cites:
    One for Darth Bashir to get him to 4*s 3rd week of that Mega
    One was for Klingon Bride Jadzia, which gave her the 4th *, but coincidentally got her in a Begold the next day, which made me happy.
    To celebrate my milestone of 250 Immortals, I gave one 5* Cite to Cochrane to immortalize him at 250.
    and finally got one to only level one of my 3/5, and finally went with Mobile Doc since he had the best stats.

I also did 2x Begolds from Honor Store and got Gangster Spock and Assimilated LaForge, which was the 3rd Gold LaForge I got in a week. (Talk about crew leveling hell!)

All in all, I feel like everything was well spent. Only 113 *s to go for my Gold Crew. LOL

Oh yeah, I also bought the EMH when he became available. Very Helpful in Cadets!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew: Kahless

Legendary Citations: Assimilated Janeway (x2), Prisoner Cornwell (x1), Assimilated La Forge (x4), Bell Riots Bashir (x1), Surak (x1) -- will soon add Ru'afo (x1)

Super Rare Citations: Tommy Gun Dixon (x1) -- I was determined to finish that last node that needs an investigator with lots of security skill.

I think that's it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Most of my honor has been spent on 4* citations, but I also bought a few 3* to help complete all the 3*, I bought Stargazer Picard, and also a few 4* Beholds for the fun of it, hoping to save myself a few hundred honor (not successful).
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I took a like 5 month break so my count is down:

2 5* Beholds
    Wrathful Khan and Arachnia

5* Citations 11
    Borg Queen 1x
    T'Kuvma 1x
    Kortar 1x
    Surak 1x
    Bashir 1x
    Arachnia 1x
    Romulan Data 3x
    Klingon Bride Jadzia 2x

4x4* citations for event 4*s.

Stargazer Picard
    2* Doctor and Citation.

• Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I began my Honor usage by saving up 100,000 to acquire Kahless the Unforgettable, a decision that has definitely paid off given how much I used have used him overall, even though now I do not use him as much as earlier. I immediately followed this by spending 3,500 Honor on Stargazer Picard, because I wanted to have all of the 1* crew in the game.

I next found myself sitting on a good amount of Honor, and decided to try spending 45,000 Honor on a Legendary Behold. When I saw the choices in the Behold, at the time I felt I wish I had received better options, but in hindsight the character I ended up choosing has been used quite a bit, as Mirror Bashir was Event crew for 2 later Mega Events (i.e., "Smoke & Mirrors" & "Superior Ambition"), plus I have also found him to be useful in The Gauntlet.

Wanting to also Immortalize as many unique Crew as possible, I have spent 54,000 Honor to purchase 3 Super Rare Citations for each of the following 4 characters obtainable from Voyages: The Clown, Thot Gor, Jannar & Lucien.

I spent 15,000 to acquire Emergency Medical Holoprogram Mk. 1 when he came out, and then 500 more to put a second Star on him.

I have also started to spend 18,000 Honor on a Super Rare Citation to Immortalize 4* crew where we obtain only 3 copies from the Threshold Rewards of a Faction Event. To date I have done this with Mutated Paris, Commander Keras, Tieran Possessed Kes & Festive Lwaxana Troi (it was not necessary to do so for Profitable Ishka, as we received a Citation in the game mail just prior to her Event).

So in total, I have spent 452,000 Honor to date. I also currently have 294,939 Honor saved up in my inventory.