Home Ready Room
Options

What... hit me?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ready Room
I got hit with something maybe 4-5 seconds into this Arena battle that insta-killed me before I could even activate my first ship ability. What has that level of Crit with such a short initialization?

zlwus1wvu3tu.png
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An immortalized Locutus, maybe?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I got hit with something maybe 4-5 seconds into this Arena battle that insta-killed me before I could even activate my first ship ability. What has that level of Crit with such a short initialization?

zlwus1wvu3tu.png

Happens to me alot. One hit destroys my ship when I’m almost at full power. Kinda like when Reed intentionally overloaded the plasma cannons.

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killy has a short initialize and heavy damage. Dr Chaotica also causes me a ton of damage. You need to check who is on the other ship at the start of the battle to be sure tho, there are a few that knock me out immediately. Now I need to think about it I can't remember any of them 😑😂
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Killy has a short initialize and heavy damage. Dr Chaotica also causes me a ton of damage. You need to check who is on the other ship at the start of the battle to be sure tho, there are a few that knock me out immediately. Now I need to think about it I can't remember any of them 😑😂

Yeah, luckily the cloak can be engaged RIGHT before Killy fires (I am usually mashing the cloak button). The T'ong seems to suffer from delayed animation issues too, so you may think your safe because you're cloaked, but the computer has actually triggered an ability or two and it doesn't register until after your cloaked.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hmm, whatever this was, it killed me before my cloak even initiallized. I didn’t even have time to “adjust tritium intermix,” which I’m now realizing kicks in at second 2, so I’m still baffled. Do Killy, Chaotica or Locutus initiallize in 0-1 seconds?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head, only Locutus and Mirror Spock have 1-second initialization times and neither do instant damage. Killy initializes at six seconds and will have a chance at one-shotting a Bounty, especially if your cloak finger is slow.

At four seconds, however, I’m not sure what could wipe you out in one hit. There are some decent crew that initialize at that time but I don’t recall any that do instant damage (possibly some legendaries?); if there are any faster than Killy, a critical on an instant-damage attack would be able to do the trick.

Signed,
    A Victim of More Than One Early Loss to Captain Killy in the Arena
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nechayev has a 4-second initialization and +10000 crit bonus.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    T'Mir immediately deals 200% damage and initializes in 4 seconds... paired with Will Scarlett's 4 second initialization and +10000 crit bonus...
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus can do that to people. Locutus combined with Degra might be interesting. If Degra's instadamage (1s initialize at like 150%) hits with a Locutus style crit, that could be devastating if the RNGesus is not feeling kind.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus can do that to people. Locutus combined with Degra might be interesting. If Degra's instadamage (1s initialize at like 150%) hits with a Locutus style crit, that could be devastating if the RNGesus is not feeling kind.

Interesting. That would make sense... that could have been a Degra I saw. It all happened so fast, officer!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is up. I’m getting destroyed in half a second nearly every time in the arena. This never happened before now it’s happening like 8 battles out of 10
  • Options
    Over a thousand people now have a Yar with devastating attack that can't be defended against adequately. Several have multiples of her. Combined with Killy, LoB, M Spock etc.

The Admiral division will be painful to play now and those of us outside of DB's timezone already struggled to stay in top 1%. Which means it's going to be even harder to level up ships for Voyages in turn.

The Skirmish event is gonna be dominated by those who got Yar as well since quick finishes are the biggest influence on ranking.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over a thousand people now have a Yar with devastating attack that can't be defended against adequately. Several have multiples of her. Combined with Killy, LoB, M Spock etc.

The Admiral division will be painful to play now and those of us outside of DB's timezone already struggled to stay in top 1%. Which means it's going to be even harder to level up ships for Voyages in turn.

The Skirmish event is gonna be dominated by those who got Yar as well since quick finishes are the biggest influence on ranking.

Skirmish events are no problem. Any 5* ship will tear through all five battles. I used my D’Kora for them all so far with any ole crew and have never once even used the hull repair option. It’s the arena where I’m getting killed.
  • Options
    Oh I'll get through the battles alright, but it'll take me longer than it does others so I'll have to put more time in to rank
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t worry about the event. These ships are not going to be staffed with Yar’s. So we shall have Yar’s Revenge! (For those of you who get that reference)
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry about the event. These ships are not going to be staffed with Yar’s. So we shall have Yar’s Revenge! (For those of you who get that reference)

Loved that game!
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options

Spotted in the wild:
    6o8n0b7aopwl.png

This is how you sell poor quality artwork with early 2017 level CMD/DIP/SEC stats. Who cares if it further erodes the Arena ecology?

I guess it solves the Captain Killy problem though. :D
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved that game!

One of the few games where you have to be careful not to shoot yourself

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Good times, good times. I need to get my Atari 2600 out of storage & play some old-school games! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Spotted in the wild:
    6o8n0b7aopwl.png

This is how you sell poor quality artwork with early 2017 level CMD/DIP/SEC stats. Who cares if it further erodes the Arena ecology?

Well, she was nerfed to the ground so I'm just LOLing at who paid that much just to win the arena.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm most of your elite lvls, but I just got nailed by a Borg Cube that took less than 5 seconds, three hits, to destroy my maxed out Terran 1701. Major "WTH?" moment.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options

Spotted in the wild:
    6o8n0b7aopwl.png

Well, she was nerfed to the ground so I'm just LOLing at who paid that much just to win the arena.

Best. Nerf. Ever.

Never expected to utter those words.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm most of your elite lvls, but I just got nailed by a Borg Cube that took less than 5 seconds, three hits, to destroy my maxed out Terran 1701. Major "WTH?" moment.

I believe T’Mir’s instant damage skill has a 4 second initialize. With a critical hit on that attack and the right passive bonuses from other crew it isn’t impossible to wipe out an ISS Enterprise.
  • Options
    Sorry to post this here.... I cannot seem to create threads yet.... but has anyone experienced this? I'm getting 3x the rewards for the daily missions.... It's so weird.... like I'm not complaining, but I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to do this....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a glitch that pops up from time to time.
  • Options
    Same, several times last week, even after alt future Dax and her +10 evade activated. Hasn't happened in the last few days and I can now be "number one" in arena again. I think it was Yar.
  • Options
    Even with future Dax I got hit several times. I tries several combinations with my crew and couldn't get it done.