Home The Bridge

So, can we freeze two of the same Card?

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Since we got another Festivus Jadzia for the 2* Event Threshold?

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • You can freeze as many copies of a card as you wish, and unfreeze each one individually at your leisure.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha, does that mean if I unfreeze my 1* Rikers, there will be like 5 or 6 more underneath?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx. Gonna use this new Dax, then toss her in the icebox after Event.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

To be logical, I think the effort and cost of materials/chrons in leveling her up is probably more than the 100 merits it would take to unfreeze your existing copy.
  • Thanx. Gonna use this new Dax, then toss her in the icebox after Event.

To be logical, I think the effort and cost of materials/chrons in leveling her up is probably more than the 100 merits it would take to unfreeze your existing copy.

On the other hand, it would count toward your total immortalized achievements, and is easier to immortalize than a 4 or 5 star card. I don't do that myself, but I can see the appeal.
  • Hahahaha, does that mean if I unfreeze my 1* Rikers, there will be like 5 or 6 more underneath?

Yep. It's a big Russian nesting doll of Rikers.
    Hahahaha, does that mean if I unfreeze my 1* Rikers, there will be like 5 or 6 more underneath?

Yep. It's a big Russian nesting doll of Rikers.

Considering Riker gained about 80 pounds from his first appearance in Farpoint to his last in Enterprise, I wouldn't put it past him.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can freeze many copies. I do it for those with great stats that are bridge crew and likely to reappear in events. Also the 1* greys for getting immortalized crew achievements. It's fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Had most all she needed, honestly. I Replicated like the seven things limit. Had to to look for one or two Items, but got them cheaply.

Had most all she needed, honestly. I Replicated like the seven things limit. Had to to look for one or two Items, but got them cheaply.

So a little about me... I recently hit the 350 achievement for immortalizing crew. Although I've only got 309 individual crew immortalized. So, yea. I've done a lot of duplicates. Almost entirely 1* and usually when I was VERY close to the next dilithium threshold but couldn't quite make it there.
  • One way or another, there is nothing past 350 immortalized, so it really depends on how you play and what do you want to accomplish. If you need some fast dil, and you are F2P, immortalizing easy crew might be very useful in the beginning, but if you are more of a completionist, taking it slow and easy is way better.
  • Being a F2P myself, I freeze every 1* that comes my way. I didn't know the deal will be over at 350. ;)
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It would be nice to see that limit increased as more of us are reaching it and there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many more crew now. (DB take note that it would probably help your bottom line) ;)
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can freeze many copies. I do it for those with great stats that are bridge crew and likely to reappear in events. Also the 1* greys for getting immortalized crew achievements. It's fun.

I seriously did not know you could do this. I been airlocking them all since I did one of each.
  • One way or another, there is nothing past 350 immortalized, so it really depends on how you play and what do you want to accomplish. If you need some fast dil, and you are F2P, immortalizing easy crew might be very useful in the beginning, but if you are more of a completionist, taking it slow and easy is way better.

I heard that at STLV they said that there will be new tiers added for immortalized crew.

Hopefully this happens soon.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I seriously did not know you could do this. I been airlocking them all since I did one of each.

Keep in mind when it comes to superrares useful dupes are event crew for faction events. Dupes are of no use in a Galaxy event. Skirmish a dupe might be useful. However, usually one seat is taken by a crew with accuracy boost another by event bonus crew. So at most one dupe might be useful. That being said, I cannot think of anyone but a legendary Killy. Expedition dupes of bonus crew can be useful, but the best are the actual event bonus crew.