Home The Bridge

And With That.....

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
sa1eqc4ahbup.png

I have all the crew in the game I want immortalized. No more chasing stars, no more chasing beholds, no more chasing honor. Yes, I had plenty of legendaries at various star levels but I said to myself the hunt has to end somewhere. I dumped whoever would not be a boost to my current crew, kept those who would, and worked until they were all immortalized. Otherwise I would be endlessly chasing and my personality looks for an end game. 190 crew members, 51 of which are legendaries. In case anyone wants an idea of what that takes it was about 2.5 years and very close to $8,000. Now I can sit back and just concentrate on pouncing on any new event crew that takes my fancy. It’s a very liberating feeling.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on reaching a personal goal; but $8000?!

Yikes! I've been playing for roughly the same amount of time, have almost 300 immortal crew members but have spend a fraction on what you have (under £250 if anyone cares).

You DO NOT have to pay to be successful at this game.

But out of those 300, break it down into rarities.

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gym membership costs $45 a month. I spend 0 hours there. I spend about 1-2 hours a day in this game. It's too bad I can't play this game at the gym.

I mean, you could probably do one of those sit-down stationary bikes. I see people on their phones all the time on those ones ;)
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    sa1eqc4ahbup.png

I have all the crew in the game I want immortalized. No more chasing stars, no more chasing beholds, no more chasing honor. Yes, I had plenty of legendaries at various star levels but I said to myself the hunt has to end somewhere. I dumped whoever would not be a boost to my current crew, kept those who would, and worked until they were all immortalized. Otherwise I would be endlessly chasing and my personality looks for an end game. 190 crew members, 51 of which are legendaries. In case anyone wants an idea of what that takes it was about 2.5 years and very close to $8,000. Now I can sit back and just concentrate on pouncing on any new event crew that takes my fancy. It’s a very liberating feeling.

Awesome accomplishment (& cheaper than i would have guessed) Congrats & enjoy!!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on reaching a personal goal; but $8000?!

Yikes! I've been playing for roughly the same amount of time, have almost 300 immortal crew members but have spend a fraction on what you have (under £250 if anyone cares).

You DO NOT have to pay to be successful at this game.

Yes but he has 51 legendaries immortalized. I'm at 225 immortalized (no duplicates) and only 5 legendaries completed). Big difference in crew strength.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    The cost may be a lot but it is all relative. I spend a little to make the game fun, monthly card plus the odd purchase. Some people spend that much in golf fees, cigarettes or alcohol in that same time. It may be a lot to some but less for others.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    When you average it out a month it is not much in cost for entertainment. But also keep in mind his spending will go down. And his entertainment could go up, as DB adds features.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    sa1eqc4ahbup.png

It is liberating. Congrats!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
    sa1eqc4ahbup.png

It is liberating. Congrats!

Thank you sir
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    sa1eqc4ahbup.png

Awesome accomplishment (& cheaper than i would have guessed) Congrats & enjoy!!

Thanks Cap’n!

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a huge relief to not have to worry about leveling a bunch of crew. You and I have very different playing styles, but I did something not all that dissimilar from this at the beginning of the year — dumped a lot of super-rares that I had sitting in my roster but didn't really care for (even 3/4's), then concentrated on fully equipping everyone who was left, which I did several months later. Not the same as having everyone FF, but still was a big weight off my shoulders, and allowed me to really start building up resources, without even trying.

Now I'm just picking up a few remaining pieces of crew who fill out cryollections, new crew from packs, and the occasional event crew that tickles my fancy.

Currently I've got 350+ immortals, but only 23 of them are Legendaries. (And I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent since I started spending on the game in mid-2017... I just hope it wasn't as much as you did, lol.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »
    It is a huge relief to not have to worry about leveling a bunch of crew. You and I have very different playing styles, but I did something not all that dissimilar from this at the beginning of the year — dumped a lot of super-rares that I had sitting in my roster but didn't really care for (even 3/4's), then concentrated on fully equipping everyone who was left, which I did several months later. Not the same as having everyone FF, but still was a big weight off my shoulders, and allowed me to really start building up resources, without even trying.

Now I'm just picking up a few remaining pieces of crew who fill out cryollections, new crew from packs, and the occasional event crew that tickles my fancy.

Currently I've got 350+ immortals, but only 23 of them are Legendaries. (And I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent since I started spending on the game in mid-2017... I just hope it wasn't as much as you did, lol.)

I saw on here that someone did the math and determined each time you pass VIP 14 (50,000 points for each multiple of 14) its $1,000. I didn’t do the math myself but took it as truth. Being fully equipped is huge. All your resources can then be saved and when you do pick up that new event crew it takes like 2 minutes 45 seconds to fully equip them. Again, very liberating.
    sa1eqc4ahbup.png

Wow... most people will get into addiction rehab or divorced when their spouses see this.

but Wow.... congrats!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow congrats. I am in a similar boat. Given up spending recently (I'm vip 14 so spent a lot I bet) packs only get dupes and a free 4/5* every couple of months means why would I spend money chasing the odd extra star?
    DB: Do Better
    edited August 2018
    sa1eqc4ahbup.png

Wow... most people will get into addiction rehab or divorced when their spouses see this.

but Wow.... congrats!

Separate bank accounts is a wonderful thing.

sa1eqc4ahbup.png

but Wow.... congrats!

Separate bank accounts is a wonderful thing.

Ok, but open communication is the best for long term relationship (hint for DB?).

And I expect 8000 would get you a lot further than 51 legendary crews. Unless you spent money to burn resources to get you top ranks

I have got 23 immortalized legendary crews and have 100k+ honor points. I prob have spent ~ $1500 and have stopped spending since last Dec except few monthly vip.
    It’s alot harder to immortalize legendaries that are not event crew. Event crew can be done with the $100 offer. Legendaries that are portal only are a whole different story. The difference between 23 and 51 is much more than you think
    It’s alot harder to immortalize legendaries that are not event crew. Event crew can be done with the $100 offer. Legendaries that are portal only are a whole different story. The difference between 23 and 51 is much more than you think

I got that... $6k plus extra can easily buy you ~60 more event legendary crews. But if you are hunting specific crews, you have to burn dils to get them.

I wonder who has more legendaries than you and how much they spent.

I got that... $6k plus extra can easily buy you ~60 more event legendary crews. But if you are hunting specific crews, you have to burn dils to get them.

There are plenty out there. Just looking at the inniortalized crew thread, someone out there had 560 out of 560. That is going to cost a pretty penny!

• Oh yeah, i think i saw that. Not sure how much he spent but I also wonder if he is actually working at DB or not lol.
  • I got that... $6k plus extra can easily buy you ~60 more event legendary crews. But if you are hunting specific crews, you have to burn dils to get them.

12.5k USD, 133 immortalized legendaries... fairly even mix of regular portal, event, and portal-only crew...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*

12.5k USD, 133 immortalized legendaries... fairly even mix of regular portal, event, and portal-only crew...

Now that’s dedication!
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    448k vip and 431 immortalized and 60 plus 5 stars needing stars.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gym membership costs $45 a month. I spend 0 hours there. I spend about 1-2 hours a day in this game. It's too bad I can't play this game at the gym.

I play this game at my gym, a local YMCA that gives me pretty good wifi. Note: play the game on the recumbent bike, not the elliptical if you're doing quick start on faction or playing lots of chrons in a galaxy :)