Home The Bridge

Voyage Revive Token For Future Issues

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
I had submitted a ticket about the Voyage issue before it was acknowledged as a broad outage. I just heard back from CS and they mentioned that tokens would be issued for future issues and to not recall failed voyages in the future. That seems reasonable, but means we need much faster turnaround from CS on these issues. If you're waiting for 1-2 days for CS to respond to a ticket about a voyage issue, that means 1-2 days of not running voyages. The cumulative lost rewards from leaving a voyage sitting at failed(plus not completing daily missions) could easily be more than the failed voyage.

So while I appreciate the thought behind these tokens, I hope voyage support tickets are prioritized to be handled in a couple hours, otherwise these tokens could cause more problems than they solve.

Comments

• I guess the optimum outcome would be to always have a Voyage token 'in the bag'.

That way, when a voyage fails due to a DB issue, you can use your banked token and then request a new one from CS.

That way you can still be running voyages while awaiting CS to get back to you.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I had submitted a ticket about the Voyage issue before it was acknowledged as a broad outage. I just heard back from CS and they mentioned that tokens would be issued for future issues and to not recall failed voyages in the future. That seems reasonable, but means we need much faster turnaround from CS on these issues. If you're waiting for 1-2 days for CS to respond to a ticket about a voyage issue, that means 1-2 days of not running voyages. The cumulative lost rewards from leaving a voyage sitting at failed(plus not completing daily missions) could easily be more than the failed voyage.

So while I appreciate the thought behind these tokens, I hope voyage support tickets are prioritized to be handled in a couple hours, otherwise these tokens could cause more problems than they solve.

Should we encounter another global issue requiring a token to be sent out, it will be sent out automatically to everyone. So there will be no need to contact CS. What happened this week should not be an indication of how it will play out in the future.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm less concerned about a global issue than random one-off issues that people experience on occasion. Someone runs a 20 hour voyage and then has it stuck.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm less concerned about a global issue than random one-off issues that people experience on occasion. Someone runs a 20 hour voyage and then has it stuck.

The revive token would not be used for one-off issues. That being said, we hope there will be less of these one-off issues as well.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not get it.

When my voyage gets stuck, I am sitting waiting for a dilemma that never happens. I have AM. I also can recall. How does a token allow my voyage to get unstuck?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I do not get it.

When my voyage gets stuck, I am sitting waiting for a dilemma that never happens. I have AM. I also can recall. How does a token allow my voyage to get unstuck?

It does not.
    Maybe AviTrek is thinking of a stuck Voyage that would then fail?
  • Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Shan, since you are active in this thread, I wanted to ask you a related question. I had a voyage stuck almost a week before the global outage.

I put in a CS ticket for compensation as the voyage had dropped two SR crew that I needed. In the past, CS has always gave me the SR crew in such cases without issue. But this time, CS gave me a hard time and only agreed to some very minor compensation for the 8.5hr voyage (credit, chrome and 3 1x premium pulls). In particular, they refused to give me the SR crew. I have escalated it and am waiting for response from a manager.

However, it would be great if you could clarify whether there has been a change in policy regarding compensation. Given it’s a know bug, I see it fair that the SR drops are copensated. It that has changed, we should be told.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I do not get it.

It does not.
    Maybe AviTrek is thinking of a stuck Voyage that would then fail?

Thanks, I did not think it did help with that. No, looking at AviTrek message he means what I am talking about.
    Because he mentions not being able to send other voyages waiting on CS.

Edit: i just reread his message. He says sitting at failed?

Do not get it. If a voyage fails it is not sitting there. A voyage could be sitting on revive. But, how would that be DBs problem??

Edit2: I guess I understand now. If DB server is down or something else that is DBs problem. A person could be sitting on revive needing a token from CS.

My solution to this would be, take screenshot of revive and dil. cost revive and either recall immediately or before you run out of AM. Notify CS give screenshot showing it needs to be revived, explain why this revive was caused by DB, and ask for refund of dil. for revive.

But if you cannot spend the dil. your voyage is in limbo until CS can get to you.
    Edit3: alternative, screenshot all the rewards that dropped. Fail. Now your crew are ready for another voyage. Contact CS explain you had to fail the mission because of DBs issue that caused your voyage to reach the failure point. Tell them you have the rewards screenshotted probably should go and attach to the email and send them right away.
    When CS see it they should just add the rewards to your account and tell you they did that.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    Shan, since you are active in this thread, I wanted to ask you a related question. I had a voyage stuck almost a week before the global outage.

I put in a CS ticket for compensation as the voyage had dropped two SR crew that I needed. In the past, CS has always gave me the SR crew in such cases without issue. But this time, CS gave me a hard time and only agreed to some very minor compensation for the 8.5hr voyage (credit, chrome and 3 1x premium pulls). In particular, they refused to give me the SR crew. I have escalated it and am waiting for response from a manager.

However, it would be great if you could clarify whether there has been a change in policy regarding compensation. Given it’s a know bug, I see it fair that the SR drops are copensated. It that has changed, we should be told.

Escalating the ticket was the right way to go, I am not aware that there was any change of policy in that regard.

Now, let's keep this thread on topic :)
  • I am still waiting for the token. CS has also not answered yet.