Home Ready Room
Options

Super-Rare Turn In Rates Phase 1v2 - New Providers

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ready Room
Anyone know if the Super-rare turn in rates in Phase 1 of New Providers are maxing at 4850 or 6250?

Trying to decide if there's more VP to be had in Phase 2 or not.

EDIT: I think I'm mis-reading the Wiki. I can never quite figure out whether it's better to turn in my super-rares in Phase 1 or Phase 2. I know the conventional wisdom seems to be in Phase 2, but I can't quite figure out why that is exactly.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Galaxy_Event#Super_Rare_Turn-in
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s because in both phases you have to build up to max VP, starting off in small amounts then increasing. If you do them all in phase 2 you’re only in non-max building up VP stage once versus twice so you do get more points out of waiting for phase 2
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    It’s because in both phases you have to build up to max VP, starting off in small amounts then increasing. If you do them all in phase 2 you’re only in non-max building up VP stage once versus twice so you do get more points out of waiting for phase 2
    Ah, I see, so it’s not because the rewards are greater, it’s just because of skipping the on-ramp. I kept trying to see if there was a higher VP:segment ratio in the second half.

So if I “threshold and out” all in the first phase, it’s no different than if I do that in Phase 2 instead.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ah, I see, so it’s not because the rewards are greater, it’s just because of skipping the on-ramp. I kept trying to see if there was a higher VP:segment ratio in the second half.

So if I “threshold and out” all in the first phase, it’s no different than if I do that in Phase 2 instead.

Correct. And I like that “skipping the on ramp”. Good analogy
  • Options
    There is VERY little NET difference between turning in phase 1 and 2 vs turnin in all in phase 2..

the perceived "ramp up" of turning in ultra rare sets is ONLY PERCEPTION because it seems you have to "start over"

But in phase 2 the number of sets between jumps are fewer, taking more ultra rares and ramping up in VP faster...

here is an example... ... i you earn 209 ultra rares total... 103 in phase 1, and 106 in phase 2...

turn them in thier respective phases...
    phase 1 103 ultra rares >> 29925 VP
    phase 2 106 ultra rares >> 28555 VP (2 left over)
    for a total of 58480 VP

All 209 in phase 2 >> 60025 vp

and.. if you turn them in phase 1.. you will advance up threshold faster, getting FF the character faster, which gives BETTER chance at Ultra rares.. so you will probably get MORE total Ultra Rares if you turn in phase 1 to get higher % sooner.

DB figured/calcuated this out when they made the tables and there is NO true BIG disadvantage to the "perceived" ramp up.

below is a chart showing the total number of ultra rares in each phase as they turn in sets... both phases max out at 4850/15 ultra rares.

u5jsolru6qqh.png
  • Options
    Taking it further.. if you earned 241 in phase 1, and 269 in phase 2... total of 510

phase 1 >>> 74950 VP
    phase 2 >>> 79425VP
    total of 154375 VP

all 510 phase 2 >>> 157025 (1 left over)

for a total difference of 2650 VP... so if this type of difference is worth it... then turn them in phase 2..

I would say turn them in as soon as you earn them UNTIL you have completed the threshold to max the featured Character.... then save them to phase 2.
    best of both worlds, ramping featured character as quickly as possible.. then saving for the very small advantage of phase 2 turn in.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    But, if I already have Featured Crew and can threshold in Phase 1 without turning in any Super Rares, I should wait for Phase 2 to turn in, since that will give me an addition 2 days of Super-Rare farming without an on-ramp, correct?
  • Options
    you have BOTH 4*s Featured crew already? FFFE before the event starts?
    usually there is one "new one" you only get thru community and threshold....

the "perceived" double ramp up.. is just that... a perception.. not reality.

I would say turn them in as soon as you earn them UNTIL you have completed the threshold to max the new featured Character.... then save the rest to phase 2.
    best of both worlds, ramping featured character as quickly as possible.. then saving for the very small advantage of phase 2 turn in.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I would say turn them in as soon as you earn them UNTIL you have completed the threshold to max the new featured Character.... then save the rest to phase 2.
    No, no, sorry, I should have indicated singular; I had Kazon Seska coming in and some small bonus crew such as Changling Bashir and a bunch of assorted Daxes. But I don't even have an open slot for the Flaky Founder, yet (she's in overdraft behind Ru'afo) nor do I think I would have been able to Fully Equip her before Saturday afternoon anyway.

Also, aren't the Chronitons that would be used to Fully Equip the featured crew be better put towards completing the event items with a Supply Kit? The Crew Cost table lists the average Chroniton cost to Fully Equip the Diseased Founder as 6,057.1. Even if I already had half her equipment in inventory, that's still a lot.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

No, no, sorry, I should have indicated singular; I had Kazon Seska coming in and some small bonus crew such as Changling Bashir and a bunch of assorted Daxes. But I don't even have an open slot for the Flaky Founder, yet (she's in overdraft behind Ru'afo) nor do I think I would have been able to Fully Equip her before Saturday afternoon anyway.

Also, aren't the Chronitons that would be used to Fully Equip the featured crew be better put towards completing the event items with a Supply Kit? The Crew Cost table lists the average Chroniton cost to Fully Equip the Diseased Founder as 6,057.1. Even if I already had half her equipment in inventory, that's still a lot.

Depends on goals and success earlier in the event. Between banked chrons, a couple days of pre-farming, and a supply kit, I finished all the thresholds on Thursday. Since then I have been leveling Ru’afo and the Founder while monitoring my rank - I want to remain in the top 5000 to get the 3* Dax FF. For me, getting Ru’afo to 2/5* FE and possibly immortalizing the Founder by Sunday evening (when I figure to have time to grind to maintain position) is the smart thing because they can get better rare item drop percentages than the combination of Kazon Seska, Princess Jadzia, First Goran’Agar, and my 1/4* FE Mirror Jadzia. A couple of recipes I’ve finished since leveling Ru’afo have confirmed this, with ENG recipes having much higher percentages with Ru’afo than Seska.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

In all of your examples, you end up with 1-2k more points total by doing all turnins in Phase 2. Yes, the benefit is small, but no one is claiming it is big. Your own numbers and data refute your assertion that there is no difference.