Home Ready Room
Options

Which 3* crew to focus on

I have a fairly good idea about 2* crew now and have some reasonably good ones for cadet missions now but I'm getting quite a few 3* crew and no idea which are good now I'm starting to fill up the crew slots!

Do you just dump the ones that aren't good?

Most I've not done anything too as wasn't sure which to focus on.

Ensign Crusher 2/3 stars (*)
Security Chief Tuvok 1/3*
Holodeck 3 Dr Brahms 1/3* (Heard she was good)
Commando Crusher 1/3* (Maybe good early)
Hugh 1/3* Seems less useful now but Borg Trait
Keevan 2/3*
Acting Nagus Brunt 1/3*
Expedition Shran 1/3*
Commander Scott 1/3*
Vedek Winn Adami 1/3*
Rescuer Tucker 1/3*
Klingon Dukat 1/3* (Poss useful traits?)
Dr Carol Marcus 1/3*
Dr Reyga 1/3*
Temporal Shift Kes 1/3*
Commander Checkov 1/3*

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    I would fully fuse, equip, and level up to 100 all you can. Once you do, you can freeze them. This will allow you to get your collection completed for a reward and free up space. I'd focus on your 2/3 stars getting them ready for the freezer with the exception of the following: Lwaxana Troi, Maquis Takeover Torres, and Lieutenant Saavik (FE/FF of course), along with anyone you'll use for the Arena for Commander Division. The three I mentioned will allow you to do the weekend cadet crew without needing anyone else (works for both Saturday AND Sunday.)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Kes and Winn on the weekends but I’m sure someone will come and say there’s better for the challenges, especially Kes
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ensign Crusher and Hugh are a good combination on the Arena (when I still did the captains division), but generally, don't worry about make 3* crew, especially if they are not alien. Winn is great.

Here are the top 3* crew for cadet missions:
    Doctor Selar
    Lieutenant Saavik
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Lwaxana Troi or Vedek Winn Adami
    Sniper Ezri Dax
    With those, you can pass any cadet mission on the weekends. You can do with less and you can do with different combinations and more crew, but those are the only 3* I keep.
  • Options
    Thanks all. Obviously starting out it's a lot of resources to level up to 100 so it is really whether it's worth it in the long run.

Thanks DavideBooks - I'll look out for the other ones I don't have.

Excuse my ignorance but what is FE/FF?
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain JM wrote: »
    Thanks all. Obviously starting out it's a lot of resources to level up to 100 so it is really whether it's worth it in the long run.

Thanks DavideBooks - I'll look out for the other ones I don't have.

Excuse my ignorance but what is FE/FF?

Fully Equipped and Fully Fused

I'll add my tuppemce worth in a minute. Just catching up while I eat dinner
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

Fully Equipped and Fully Fused

I'll add my tuppemce worth in a minute. Just catching up while I eat dinner

Ah! Cheers!
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain JM wrote: »

Ensign Crusher 2/3 stars (*)
    Security Chief Tuvok 1/3*
    Holodeck 3 Dr Brahms 1/3* (Heard she was good)
    Commando Crusher 1/3* (Maybe good early)
    Hugh 1/3* Seems less useful now but Borg Trait
    Keevan 2/3*
    Acting Nagus Brunt 1/3*
    Expedition Shran 1/3*
    Commander Scott 1/3*
    Vedek Winn Adami 1/3*
    Rescuer Tucker 1/3*
    Klingon Dukat 1/3* (Poss useful traits?)
    Dr Carol Marcus 1/3*
    Dr Reyga 1/3*
    Temporal Shift Kes 1/3*
    Commander Checkov 1/3*

Thanks in advance.

Every on has their own versions of what are good and bad for weekend missions that to an extent you cant really go wrong. Some points of note:

Human males cannot be used either day, so if you are needing space you can get rid of them quite easily.

I personally use Lwaxana Troi, B'Elanna Torres and Saavik, they generally cover the missions I need to run. I do occasionally struggle that I've no med at the moment, and im not able to progress very well in the captain division in arena, as I was so choked for space a couple of weeks ago I got rid of everything I could. I do need to bring some back if I'm being honest.

Before I had Saavik, i used Brahms.
    Before I had Lwaxana, I used Deanna Troi

Klingon Dukat might come back out of my freezer because he's good in arena. Actually remembered what a twit Dukat is generally and decided I just cannot have him in my crew.

I will always airlock Vedek Winn because I hate her
    Hugh is in a collection and I do like Borg but by the time I had him finished I froze him immediately.
    I used Commando Crusher on shuttle's even just last month. So really, its worth looking at final stats to see where they would end up on your crew list. Med and Eng are always very useful and its taken me longer to replace 3* crew that have those skills. Just Google STT crew cost and you'll find a ton of info.

Finally, Keevan (ugh, not totally keen on him either) will be available again in a week or whatever and he will be very useful to you in events for the next month as he has the dominion trait. Although i never set any events on fire in my first few weeks it was where I found FF super rares that made such a difference to my voyages and so I do attack them fairly hard.

My trick, was to progress through each mission on the cadet challenges at the weekend, and try to clear each node, get it to 3* and get onto the next one. Each time I couldn't do it I would spend that week working on which crew would help me clear it the next time weekend it came back round. It meant I got a small reward each time and only working on one crew at a time meant i wasn't overwhelmed.

Finally, don't be afraid to dump any, they come back round extremely fast 😀

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Thanks Seven of One - that's a good tip with the cadet missions. I'm managing the Mon/Wed/Fri now so Tues/Thurs and weekend are the ones to focus on. I am quite weak in science but Levelled up Festive Jadzia so should clear those nodes now.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early on I focussed on female aliens so kes and Winn should be priority for weekend challenges if you still have grey crew think about booting them first. That being said commando crusher was good as well not only for Saturday challenges but voyages. Keevan will be bonus crew in this mega event so I would also turn my attention to him as well, he is in daily rewards so you at guaranteed to fully fuse him.

Chekov Tucker and Scott are lower priorities imo they are good voyagers for blue but you can’t use them for weekend challenges
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early on, Vedek Winn, Commando Crusher, Brahms and Kes did a lot of heavy lifting for me.

I'm a collector, so I'm definitely on the side of trying to FE and FF all of them, slot-space allowing. Being a 1-2-3 captain (having all 1-3* crew immortalized) relieves the decision-making stress when those crew come along in the future.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall getting a lot of mileage out of Wesley and Commando Crusher from your list, along with others not on your list like Idrin, Donik, and Mendon. This was, however, before weekend cadet challenges. Even now, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend airlocking crew en masse - you never know who will drop in a voyage, a merit pull, or standard or premium portal packs. I pushed a lot of Ambassador Foxes out of the airlock to make room for 4* crew from various sources but didn’t cull all of my level 1 blues just in case I was able to get them a second or third star.
  • Options
    Thanks all, managed to level up Commando Crusher but don't have the skills for the weekend cadet challenges yet so will focus on those.