Home Ready Room
Options

Is Keevan worth it?

I am weak in Dominion cards Just got 3*Keevan in a Voyage. Is it worth keeping him for the upcoming mega event?
Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Is Keevan worth it? 32 votes

Yes
28%
DittoRaraRacingOdo MarmarosaMiles "Coffins for Cardies" O'Brien[FF] Vice Admiral NairneRaijinmeisterBOBBY BUTTERCUPIshmael MarxEddNog 9 votes
No
59%
Data1001[TUFG] SiguardZann Calcore (ISA)[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerLeshyAgge(10F)Geekgirlal103cmdrworfMirrorMartiganDirk Gunderson<TGE> CliffordFlemmingLegate Damar JoeSage2AldudeAnRuaRi_JR_Callimachus 19 votes
Don't know
12%
Matt_DeckerGib - Admiral MarinersIronagedaveDavideBooks 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Of all the Dominion trait cards, Keevan has the lowest total stats. Unless you are really hurting in COM, its a pass.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him frozen. I don't have many dominion cards but I've not taken him out of the freezer because I just don't think the double bonus is worth it.

It would also take you quite a few faction items to level him up which would probably be better placed on the super rares lol the Founder. As he is in this months rewards by all means keep him in your crew if you have space but I would only start working on him if you have no other dominion crew currently being worked on. I'm finding the Founder more difficult because I used everything on the two Dukats and Weyoun only a couple of weeks ago.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know
    I am not unfreezing him, but I have enough other crew. It depends on your crew. Double his stats and decide if it would be useful on your roster.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted “no” for event purposes (unless your non-Dominion crew is also very weak) but since he is also the 3* of the month you could FF him more quickly. If you are lacking crew slots, however, I would dump him in favor of a 4* that you could make better use of.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you have hardly any Domininion cards and don't have any COM powerhouse he might sneak his way on in a shuttle run.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Thx for all the responses. I might just keep him. At least he can go towards the rare collection.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Keep him. He's also the daily reward 3* this month, so you should have him FF'd quickly. He might not matter to your event play (depending on your crew strength), but just level-and-freeze for the collection and immortalization achievements.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know
    It really depends on your roster and how many slots you have available. At my stage of the game, Keevan's stats are too weak, and he will stay in the freezer during this event. But back when I levelled him up, I was a much newer player, and he ended up completing some critical nodes for me on command.

As a general rule, though, getting all three copies of a rare crew member, levelling him/her, and freezing him/her is almost always a good way to use the monthly reward.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Yes
    For completions sake yeah sure why not but you dont need him for any cadet challenges, he's not really worth it in the arena and his total scores aren't that great. I wouldn't spend any dilithium buying him in the store or honour to tier him up though.

He's the daily reward this month so get him, freeze him and forget about him.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Don't know
    Two things 1 is your roster do you have cmd and dip crew with a base in excess of 960 and 600 if no then Keevan is worth or if this is the first star on Keevan 790 and 370 (can you level 100 in time for the shuttle event). The second one is out of your hands a little but it will depend on how many cmd dip seats are required during the faction missions, I suspect quite a fair amount will be so, Keevan may provide some needed depth he may even free up a better crew card that could be better used on a voyage instead. So the question for the latter part is how many shuttles can you run?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, only because I recall using/needing him to complete a 3* mission along the way .. he had a trait only he had that made it easy ... can't remember what mission though .. :(
  • Options
    No
    He's frozen and not getting thawed anytime soon.
  • Options
    Yes
    He is not the strongest Dominion player by any means, but if you are weak on Dominion cards, he is fairly easy to max.
  • Options
    Two things 1 is your roster do you have cmd and dip crew with a base in excess of 960 and 600 if no then Keevan is worth or if this is the first star on Keevan 790 and 370 (can you level 100 in time for the shuttle event). The second one is out of your hands a little but it will depend on how many cmd dip seats are required during the faction missions, I suspect quite a fair amount will be so, Keevan may provide some needed depth he may even free up a better crew card that could be better used on a voyage instead. So the question for the latter part is how many shuttles can you run?

I use 4 shuttles. I haven't used a Blue crew in a shuttle in ages (except maybe during events). My main angle was wondering if was beneficial to the mega event, being Dominion.
  • Options
    No
    No, get a female 3* better like Saavik or Lursa Duras which are useful as CMD at weekend cadet challenges. Get him and freeze him as soon as you can.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know

I use 4 shuttles. I haven't used a Blue crew in a shuttle in ages (except maybe during events). My main angle was wondering if was beneficial to the mega event, being Dominion.

If you are running 4 shuttles then there is a chance he will be of some use to you then but it depends entirely on the strength of your roster.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Interesting. I'm new, about 4 days into the game, a Captain-level 14. I have a 1-star Keevan (currently level 29). Yes, right now he's my only Dominion crew member.

Am I right to suppose that "freeze" means, "max everything and immortalize in the Cryo Vault?"

Oh, and while I'm asking (and since I can't start new threads yet"), what does that little "heart" below a crew member's equipment slots do? Does it register a crew member as a "favorite?" What would that do and/or mean?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Interesting. I'm new, about 4 days into the game, a Captain-level 14. I have a 1-star Keevan (currently level 29). Yes, right now he's my only Dominion crew member.

Am I right to suppose that "freeze" means, "max everything and immortalize in the Cryo Vault?"

Oh, and while I'm asking (and since I can't start new threads yet"), what does that little "heart" below a crew member's equipment slots do? Does it register a crew member as a "favorite?" What would that do and/or mean?

Thanks!

Welcome to the game! Yes, that's what freeze means. Just fyi, i kept Keevan, froze him, but he's been helpful in the faction event towards the end when every little bonus helps.

About the heart, I suppose that's what it means. I've never hit it. It has no bearing on the game that I know of...

Go to the ST Timelines wiki page, that has tons of useful info and answers to questions. But I'd be happy to answer any question u have.