Home The Bridge

Portal update?

AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
Has there been a recent, unannounced portal update?
I have received a 2* Geordi from both a merit pull AND a voyage. Given how new he is, I find that surprising (I don't think 2* Tilly is there yet).

Anybody able to shed light?
Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

Comments

• Thought the new 1, 2, and 3 star crew are added to the portal upon release. Only the 4 and 5 star crew are withheld for a long time. The portal updates do not happen often enough and hope we get one soon. Hint hint wink wink DB - UPDATE THE PORTAL!
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure what the system was. After all, look what happened with Festive Jadzia, Gaia Odo and Jazz Riker.
    I don't think Jogging Tilly is in portals yet... Or am I mistaken?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You're not mistaken. They aren't consistent with the addition of the 2* and 3* to the portal - some go in right away (La Forge), others get held (Science Officer T'Pol, Starfleet Uniform Khan, Tourist Dax). I don't believe Tilly has been added to the portal, but I'm not positive.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I wasn't sure what the system was. After all, look what happened with Festive Jadzia, Gaia Odo and Jazz Riker.
    I don't think DB have a system that doesn't rely on RND

DB: Do Better
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2s are almost always a lock in. Its the 3s they get goofy with.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the 2s are weird as well.

Festive Jadzia Dax, Gaia Odo, Science Officer T'Pol, Off-Duty Tilly, etc- none of them were added to the portal around the time of their debut in an event.

Jazz Musician Riker, Expedition Shran, Starfleet Uniform Khan, and now Tourist Jadzia Dax are examples of 3*s who weren't added immediately, either.
    Thing is I got both Dax and Odo on voyages before the event started.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I got red shirt LaForge the day before his event on a voyage

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yeah someone FTMed him before the event lol.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Once I saw him, I recalled the voyage in hopes of being first but nope. Already done

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

Once I saw him, I recalled the voyage in hopes of being first but nope. Already done

Same.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have to say with first to max occurring today on tourist Jadzia, she was not available except from the event rank rewards, so far.

Edit:
    The first to max might be wrong. I saw a screen shot with tomorrow's date. May not have correct info on date.
    Nope it is correct.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "captain" who ftm'd tourist Dax must be kicking themselves for not choosing a better name
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭
    The "captain" who ftm'd tourist Dax must be kicking themselves for not choosing a better name

If they even know it was them that did it. Anyway, if they change their name eventually, DB seems to update with updated names every now and then.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

They may not even know. It could be someone who doesn't even know about FTM if they never even changed their name.
  • It's a retired player who downloaded the game again to try to see if he could do it.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • FTM are totally overrated ;)
    The misterious "captain" will surely be revealed with the next name update.
  • FTM are totally overrated ;)

:D
  • A case for the deductive duo of Detective Data and Dr La Forge. The game is afoot. ;)
    edited August 2018
    FTM are totally overrated ;)

I thought that was a stored value. I thought if you changed your Captain name it didn't update the FTM. I'm going to have to test that.

Okay, tested it. Changed my Captain name to FTM Test. Then went and looked at Dabo Girl Leeta and it still has [QH] Althea Biermont - 06/09/2016
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭

I thought that was a stored value. I thought if you changed your Captain name it didn't update the FTM. I'm going to have to test that.

Okay, tested it. Changed my Captain name to FTM Test. Then went and looked at Dabo Girl Leeta and it still has [QH] Althea Biermont - 06/09/2016

The name updates are not instant. They just periodically update them. You can tell from some of the fleet tags on some of them from some of the people who have changed fleets since the beginning.
    None wrote: »

The name updates are not instant. They just periodically update them. You can tell from some of the fleet tags on some of them from some of the people who have changed fleets since the beginning.

Okay. I left it as FTM Test. I'll see how long it takes to trigger
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may cause those on forums with default name on game to change it. Probably a handful.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only updates when they do a server-side update that also touches those values.

I have multiple FTM, and they all have a different name - which shows me when the last time it was updated or 'kicked'. It's been a few weeks at this point.
    And this is another reason I never change my name in-game
  • I’m going to try to pull this back on topic.
    @Shan when is DB going to break the silence on the overdue portal update?
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan has answered on previous threads saying there's no current plans to update
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Do you have a link to this? I'd like to see the exact wording.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

Do you have a link to this? I'd like to see the exact wording.

The most recent comment from her on the subject that I can find was just that she had no ETA, but was bringing it up so that it was on the folks who decide on such things minds...
    There is currently no ETA for the next Time Portal update, I brought it up so it is on the team's mind.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/94271#Comment_94271