Home Ready Room
Options

Ahdar Ru'afo

so .. no, first off, this isn't a troll post .. :) I'm interested in serious feedback on this .

I got a 1/5* Ahdar Ru'afo from latest event .. I understand there's another chance at 1 coming next event ... etc.

However, I've got a solid (smallish) set of 5* now .. and trying to clear out my 4* ... looking at the items needed to build him, makes him look tricky and such . (I search online, http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html and it shows him as average . but the items needed, a fair amount of annoying faction items).

Truth is, I'm sure I could level him out without too much difficulty .. I'm just wondering if he's "worth" it ..

For now, I've been focusing most of the crew on collections .. and he offers nothing in that manner.

He's strongest skill in ENG .. however, I already have some good ENG (all FE):
4/5* Scientist Degra
4/4* Niners Rom
1/5* Asimilated Torres
4/4* Icheb
3/4* Commander Kelby
5/5* Borg Queen

( to list my top 6 ENG crew ..)

I understand most of those are weaker ENG than Ahdar .. but I'm not sure I need another 5* to work on, as I already have:
11x 1/5*
6x 2/5*
2x 3/5*
5x 4/5*
2x 5/5*

All FE ... and levelled ..
so I'm trying not to add more crew that don't really give much to me ... :)

So bottom line .. is Ahdar worth investing in ? (and perhaps, should I consider dumping some of those 1/5* .. if I start getting low on crew space ... not yet, but only because i've been good at keeping them under control ... hehe )

Comments

• Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    You will get the guy basically for free to 4/5, just by participating in the next 4 events - one legendary citation on top of that and he's a all-powerful 5/5 uber-engineer. What's not to like?
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    yeah, I was pondering that ... that's why I'm undecided .. :)

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »
    so .. no, first off, this isn't a troll post .. :) I'm interested in serious feedback on this .

I got a 1/5* Ahdar Ru'afo from latest event .. I understand there's another chance at 1 coming next event ... etc.

However, I've got a solid (smallish) set of 5* now .. and trying to clear out my 4* ... looking at the items needed to build him, makes him look tricky and such . (I search online, http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html and it shows him as average . but the items needed, a fair amount of annoying faction items).

Truth is, I'm sure I could level him out without too much difficulty .. I'm just wondering if he's "worth" it ..

For now, I've been focusing most of the crew on collections .. and he offers nothing in that manner.

He's strongest skill in ENG .. however, I already have some good ENG (all FE):
    4/5* Scientist Degra
    4/4* Niners Rom
    1/5* Asimilated Torres
    4/4* Icheb
    3/4* Commander Kelby
    5/5* Borg Queen

( to list my top 6 ENG crew ..)

I understand most of those are weaker ENG than Ahdar .. but I'm not sure I need another 5* to work on, as I already have:
    11x 1/5*
    6x 2/5*
    2x 3/5*
    5x 4/5*
    2x 5/5*

All FE ... and levelled ..
    so I'm trying not to add more crew that don't really give much to me ... :)

So bottom line .. is Ahdar worth investing in ? (and perhaps, should I consider dumping some of those 1/5* .. if I start getting low on crew space ... not yet, but only because i've been good at keeping them under control ... hehe )

Yes he’s worth investing in. He’s high ENG/COM which is s great combo, I was going to dump him but when I saw his stats and that combo, I’m getting him 5/5. He will eclipse the others you have in Voyages for sure

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ru'afo has a comparable voyage score to Bashir from the last mega. Even at 4/5 he should be your new highest ENG base. At 2/5, he will be your #2.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    And he was relatively easy to level. I did him a lot faster than I expected. I've been working on the Keeper and Bug Barkly for ages. This new Stretchy-Face is way better. And remember that when running voyages and shuttles, you'll need quite a few strong crew.

It would be more of a question if he were only possible as a 1/5. Then good arguements could be made for not getting or keeping him. I decided against playing for the new Dax because, while she would be a beast of a crew to have, I don't have the room or resources to get he to the point where she would be as helpful. But Strechy-Face will be 4/5 for all but the newest players.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think he was that difficult to level. Granted I didn't participate in the event until today, but I checked the wiki when he was released yesterday, cross referenced what he needed with my other crew and prepared some of the more difficult items in advance. It took me about 20 minutes to get him FE, and I didn't even use any of today's replicator rations on him.

Yes going to make a fantastic addition to my crew, I'm very much looking forward to having him finished at the end of the month.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    good to hear re: level difficulty .. I decided to go for him .. so started levelling him .. yeah, much easier than the site suggests :) I got him at lvl 90 already . :P hehe
    *shrug*

Thx guys for feedback.
    still haven't airlocked a 5* ... I know it'll happen .. someday ... but I guess not today :)
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've airlock a legendary 1/5* before, and I will again, I'm sure. But Ru'afo will stay in my crew for a very long time. His stats are fantastic, and the mega event means I get him to 4/5* without paying. He's solid.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    At just 2/5* his ENG skill will blow everyone except maybe Degra out of the water. My ENG base crew right now are an immortalized RAF O’Brien, a 2/5* FE Ru’afo, an immortalized Grand Nagus Rom, a 4/5* FE Mirror Cochrane, and an immortalized Niners Rom. His low proficiency means that he’s “only” 5th on my combined ENG skill behind O’Brien, a 2/5* Caretaker, and 1/5* Tempted Data and Assimilated La Forge, which stands to change as the other three free copies come in over the next three weeks.

Level him and throw on a citation or DYC without fear - he will be a great addition to your crew.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear from the discussion that you've decided to keep him, as I would have recommended as well.

If you are making crew-space decisions for your ENG crew, you can likely send Icheb to the freezer now, and then freeze Kelby as soon as you get the 4th star.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 1.7k+ ENG for voyages I'm keeping him (and i've cited him) it's like I have instantly immortalised my Assimilated La Forge who is on 1/5 still.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I guess it was mostly since of the 6 stats, ENG is one of my higher ones .. :) what I really need is a good DIP now ... as opposed to (yet another) ENG . :) But yeah .. as seen, I've seen the light, and although no collection ... he'll be useful in any case :)

Thanks guys! :)