Home Make It So!
Options

Re-enlistment room in Starbases-Trading Crew within Fleets

Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Make It So!
@Shan - I guess this may have been mooted before having only played for a couple months now but as I see "Star Trek-Timelines" gets labelled as a "trading card game" - Wouldn't it make the game sliiiiightly better if fleet members were able to swap/trade unwanted crew with each other - instead of us all just pushing unwanted crew out of the airlock into our own temporary re-enlistment spaces - why not let each fleet members dismissed crew go into a "Re-enlistment Room" in the Fleet Starbase where they could be re-enlisted within 24 hours if chosen to by any fleet member for the relevant amount of honor, say? Then it truly would be a card trading game...

Comments

• Options
    The real problem with this is many players have multiple accounts. And would trade only between those accounts.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The potential for abuse is extreme. Many games that feature trading things between accounts have very strict multi-account rules, rules that would probably decrease DB’s revenue stream if employed here due to so many people having one or more multis.
  • Options
    Surely this could be circumvented though if it was just within each fleet; or even squadron - if that would somehow render it less liable to abuse? It's not like it would stop people buying elements of the game - it was just a passing idea though. I know very little about such things.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    Surely this could be circumvented though if it was just within each fleet; or even squadron - if that would somehow render it less liable to abuse? It's not like it would stop people buying elements of the game - it was just a passing idea though. I know very little about such things.

Yes, it would reduce people buying things.
  • Options
    Why - has someone piloted the idea and already found this out? I hadn't realised
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    Why - has someone piloted the idea and already found this out? I hadn't realised

If you increase the quantity of things that are available for free then that will result in people that might have otherwise purchased things not purchasing things.

For instance, a significant number of those in my fleet go diving for the 5* at the start of an event. If the 4* isn't FF able through thresholds, some also might try to pull the 1/4. If this "re-enlistment" room was implemented, then those that pulled 20-30 packs in search of the 5* could then distribute their extra 4*s and the rest of us wouldn't have to buy at all.

So, yes, this, as currently suggestion, would reduce expenditures.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The potential for abuse is extreme. Many games that feature trading things between accounts have very strict multi-account rules, rules that would probably decrease DB’s revenue stream if employed here due to so many people having one or more multis.

The way around that is multiple people could have multiple accounts and trade with each other to get things back to their own main account in a big "money" laundering scheme
  • Options
    Well, I hadn't considered others being that dishonest admittedly (being somewhat naive due to ASD) but I'm sure there could be some kind of limit on numbers of crew /no duplicates being put into Re-enlistment at Starbases instead of just chucking them out the airlock. If it was a "trading card game" you would be able to swap with other Fleet members, or even take it down to Squadrons if need be - it seems in spite of what is in place already people appear to take advantage by having multiple accounts, though this personally baffles me. It was just an idea to try and improve the game for players, free and paying. I didn't say it was *brilliant* :-)