Home The Bridge

These Monday offers, though...

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
No one's actually buying the Starry Skies pack, right? Right?

I think DB does this to me so I'll jump on the first "good" offer that comes up. After all, if I know there will always be the offer I want, I'm less likely to buy it? Logic?

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not now, not ever. There is little value to ships in general, but when all of the ones offered have been FF for a long time it’s just dumb to send out as a supposedly targeted offer...

i45ts7lmpmhw.png
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible this pack is attractive to newer players who want to get a couple top tier 5* ships quickly.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • 2-3 days worth of Honor for £8.99 - that's a big no from me
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible this pack is attractive to newer players who want to get a couple top tier 5* ships quickly.
    Or buy it accidentally, or because they are new and think Ships are actually worth something!

I had patrol the galaxy for 10$; no thanks as I have all the 4* ships in the packs maxed out FFS!?!?!

How exactly is this offer "Just for me" if the algorithm cant deduce that I have the ships it offers maxed out already!?

Anyway, an easy decision to keep my wallet closed!

DB: Do Better
  • I got Starry Skies as well...third week running. With all ships FF’d a long time again, easy decision.

I spent my money on my other mobile game instead!
  • $50 iconic crew. iconic waste of money for me is more like it these days
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • $99.99 Dilithium Overload. Not happening. I might buy a $10.00 offer.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sail the Starry Skies again. More money for me, less for DB.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 for 10. But with the honor rate for dismissals and un-updated and overpopulated portal, it's still a pass.

It's utterly baffling to me how DB thinks ANY of these practices make them more money. But their behavior clearly indicates that they think it does.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sail the Starry Skies again. More money for me, less for DB.

This. Exactly this.
  • I say it every week...I'll buy the 10 for 10 everytime it's up. I won't buy any of the other weekly specials.

Another week clicking nope and dB getting shorted 20 bucks
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say it every week...I'll buy the 10 for 10 everytime it's up. I won't buy any of the other weekly specials.

Another week clicking nope and dB getting shorted 20 bucks

I finally got the 10 for 10. I'm out of money. So sad.
  • You'd think they could tailor the offers to the players...a simple data pull and segmentation would get you the distinct groups of users who this would appeal to rather than not. They likely just don't have a mechanism to enable the actual targeting, though.
  • The strategy might be taking advantage of FOMO (fear of missing out)... if you get a bunch of ship offers, then a mediocre crew or dilithium offer... you might just buy that offer, despite the value, since the next one will probably be ‘Sail the Starry Skies’, again...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • No one's actually buying the Starry Skies pack, right? Right?

I think DB does this to me so I'll jump on the first "good" offer that comes up. After all, if I know there will always be the offer I want, I'm less likely to buy it? Logic?

Yes. Scarcity creates an emotional response. Look at all the folks that jump on it whenever it is offered. I think it also drives when they put the recent cards in the packs.
  • I’ve only been offered the Sail the Starry Skies once, but the Iconic Crew almost every week. I have managed to get some pretty good crew from it though. And I like that even with a high dismissal rate I at least get Honor to spend elsewhere.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't even gotten a sniff of a Borg Cube on dabo since I was offered and declined Conquer Space; before that, I'd have a Borg Cube on the wheel almost daily and I'd hit it about once every 10 days or so. Might be a coincidence, my sample size is too small to say.
  • I think I have seen this from someone else before, but new one on me. Chrons alone is worth it, considering event portal price is $9.99 for 1250, so extra honor is merely a bonus. If only I needed chrons...

raxbhhuie2yq.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have seen this from someone else before, but new one on me. Chrons alone is worth it, considering event portal price is $9.99 for 1250, so extra honor is merely a bonus. If only I needed chrons...

raxbhhuie2yq.png

You can get 700 (plus bonus) dilithium for 10$.
    I just payed out about 500 dilithium for a nice long voyage that is bringing me back over 1300 chronitons, over 1000 (when airlocking lesser crew) honor, six super rare crew (all of which this time add stars to existing crew), a whole lot of replicator rations, a ridiculous amount of trainers, a fair amount of credits, and untold items.

You can do a lot better for 10 dollars than that deal.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starry skies again... No updated portal or fix on duplicate crew. <tapping on DB's head with the head of my cane>. Hello, hello DB?
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I got the Starry skies offer too which I was OK with as I have other plans for my $$. I rather like getting the offers that I completely would never consider buying.... it saves me from sitting around wishing that I had more $$ to buy more stuff lol
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    I got the Starry skies offer too which I was OK with as I have other plans for my $$. I rather like getting the offers that I completely would never consider buying.... it saves me from sitting around wishing that I had more $$ to buy more stuff lol

that's the spirit. ;)
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition