Home The Bridge

Amelia Earhart in vault

2»

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard of her dropping for anyone yet either
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another frustrating pack. I have Abe @ 2/5 and Spock @ 3/5, but I also have all of the 4* crew immortalized. Pass
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3/4 T'Mir and 1/4 Edith and no Tuvok. Are Edith or Tuvok worth it? I've never done a pack like this before, but I'm guaranteed a new crew. I just don't know if there is value to the purples. I have a 1/5 Spock.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have her, took 6 650 pulls. Someone else had her ftm before 12:15 eastern
  • As with all packs, basically 99.5% chance to get an SR you have immortalized, 0.5% chance to get a 5*.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Completely ludicrous! She was t even in command of her own ship nor could she repair it. This whole card is just ridiculously over inflated stat wise. Shouldn’t even be a 5 star. Does she also have the pilot trait? Cuz she was none too good at that either!

Harsh
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does she also have the pilot trait? Cuz she was none too good at that either!

THAT made me laugh :p

• TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    No Jury Rigger trait?
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ive airlocked countless Edith Keelers, theres no chance I come close to this pack despite a want for Laborer Spock.

IMO Geordi, Scotty or O’Brien should have the highesy ENG in the game. One of their variants. I though with the recent Interfaced LaForge drop we might get that
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive airlocked countless Edith Keelers, theres no chance I come close to this pack despite a want for Laborer Spock.

IMO Geordi, Scotty or O’Brien should have the highesy ENG in the game. One of their variants. I though with the recent Interfaced LaForge drop we might get that

I remember for a while the Traveler had the highest base ENG in the game and I thought that was appropriate. At least more appropriate than a third-tier villain from a forgettable movie or an unsuccessful pilot from the 20th century, but lo, here we are.
  • My squad lead got her on the first pack. She is dropping from it.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of Amelia Earhart, but the character in the 37's episode on ST:VOY was remarkably unimpressive. I don't recall her showing even the slightest proclivity for engineering, either.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does she have the Spy trait? I know there are theories today that she was a spy, but that has never been confirmed. Voyager never referenced Earhart being a spy. It seems rather arbitrary to add Spy to her.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Why does she have the Spy trait? I know there are theories today that she was a spy, but that has never been confirmed. Voyager never referenced Earhart being a spy. It seems rather arbitrary to add Spy to her.

They may be just grabbing traits from articles on Memory Alpha — which relates the spy theory as if it is fact:

Unbeknownst at the time was that the mission was financed by her government and was part of an intelligence operation to gather information about the Japanese. Rumors about this emerged after the Pearl Harbor attack in 1941, and it later became part of established history.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »

They may be just grabbing traits from articles on Memory Alpha — which relates the spy theory as if it is fact:

Unbeknownst at the time was that the mission was financed by her government and was part of an intelligence operation to gather information about the Japanese. Rumors about this emerged after the Pearl Harbor attack in 1941, and it later became part of established history.

I seem to remember a couple of lines of dialogue about it in the episode, and that being part of the reason Fred Noonan is hostile toward the Voyager crew. But I could be misremembering.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3/4 T'Mir and 1/4 Edith and no Tuvok. Are Edith or Tuvok worth it? I've never done a pack like this before, but I'm guaranteed a new crew. I just don't know if there is value to the purples. I have a 1/5 Spock.

Tuvok is quite good., Edith is okay for gauntlet if you don't have a strong MED person. But otherwise she's pretty blah.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    I love the idea of Amelia Earhart, but the character in the 37's episode on ST:VOY was remarkably unimpressive. I don't recall her showing even the slightest proclivity for engineering, either.

True, I would have expected CMD primary since usually pilots/navigators get that. Then ENG, then maybe SEC or DIP.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Data1001 wrote: »

I seem to remember a couple of lines of dialogue about it in the episode, and that being part of the reason Fred Noonan is hostile toward the Voyager crew. But I could be misremembering.

You are correct, because when confronted with that knowledge, Amelia was visibly taken aback, and got defensive on "how do you know that?"
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Antasil wrote: »
    Well, so far to nicknaming the Aviatior Yar 'Amelia Earhart' ;-)

Well Aviator Yar can be "Amelia Yarhart" :p
  • Antasil wrote: »
    Well, so far to nicknaming the Aviatior Yar 'Amelia Earhart' ;-)

Well Aviator Yar can be "Amelia Yarhart" :p

YES. Yes she can.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wondered why they don’t offer a deal for the Tuesday crew release. Like 5 pulls for $25 or something.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely ludicrous! She was t even in command of her own ship nor could she repair it. This whole card is just ridiculously over inflated stat wise. Shouldn’t even be a 5 star. Does she also have the pilot trait? Cuz she was none too good at that either!
    She was a great pilot but she flew in a time with poor technology, a navigator that messed up, and an idiot that the relay station that used up the batteries on the homing signal so that it was not working.
    Let’s fly!
  • Took a risk after gaining a dilithium reward, 1 pack... Amelia Earhart. Thank you DB.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

You are correct, because when confronted with that knowledge, Amelia was visibly taken aback, and got defensive on "how do you know that?"

Just re-watched this episode recently, and this is absolutely correct. The episode makes it clear that Earhart was, in fact, flying a reconnaissance mission of some kind which would have been considered spying. Her [co-pilot? navigator?] even demanded to speak with J. Edgar Hoover, implying they already knew Hoover because of their reconnaissance work. So, while it may not be established history for us, it's established Star Trek history.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • I also took the risk, 1 pack and Amelia.