Home The Bridge

Sela not Yar variant?

Playing this faction event, I discovered when I used Commander Sela, she didn't provide a bonus. Not a variant of Yar? I thought she was..😑 Guess I should've asked on here first b4 I leveled and equipped here as much as I could but thought it was a dumb question. Next time I will if doubts about other variants.
Was thinking played by same actress so... should be! But I know everyone is going to say it's Tasha' s daughter! 🤔

Comments

• nope. just like miral torres isn't a bonus crew when belana(sp?) torres is a featured crew.

If you use the actor argument, then one would say that Brunt should be a bonus when Shran is the featured character, or any other character who was acted by someone who played multiple roles over the years in ST.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This question comes up every time Yar is event crew, and usually DB does say something explicit about Sela not counting as Yar, as they are two distinct, different characters, just as Lore is not a Data variant and so on.

Per the wiki: Commander Sela is not a version of Yar. She is Yar's daughter, an independent character played by the same actor, Denise Crosby.

I will say the event game text referencing Sela almost immediately does muddy the waters a little more this time around, but game text has never influenced event crew determinations AFAIK.
  • [KM]Videm wrote: »
    nope. just like miral torres isn't a bonus crew when belana(sp?) torres is a featured crew.

If you use the actor argument, then one would say that Brunt should be a bonus when Shran is the featured character, or any other character who was acted by someone who played multiple roles over the years in ST.
    Of course actors playing a differentrole wouldn't count and I'm not trying to use the actor argument. But the family angle. The explanation has been provided by Peachtree & Big Mclarge. Thx guys. I'm still bummed by not counting.
  • [KM]Videm wrote: »
    nope. just like miral torres isn't a bonus crew when belana(sp?) torres is a featured crew.

Of course actors playing a differentrole wouldn't count and I'm not trying to use the actor argument. But the family angle. The explanation has been provided by Peachtree & Big Mclarge. Thx guys. I'm still bummed by not counting.

Familial relation doesn't matter either, otherwise you would get Jakes having an event bonus every time (Ben) Sisko was in an event, and likewise for the Crushers, Worf/Alexander, Dukat/Ziyal, etc.

Generally, when a character is event crew, only versions of that exact character plus things like Mirror versions or holographic duplicates count for bonuses, not family, even if the actor was shared. The exceptions have generally been when there is only one version of that character and DB wants more event crew available, such as when Yars count for a bonus in Sela events, but not vice-versa.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the event crew is a one-off who is related to a main character, the main character provides a bonus because the character pool would otherwise be too small. The reverse has never been the case.
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Family angle? That means Spock should provide bonus for Sarek? Or Wesley for Dr. Crusher? Or Nog for Rom? Because there is the same logic as in Sela - Yar relationship.
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault