Home The Bridge

Friday's Packs

So, having a nose around on the wiki earlier I realised that today's packs are previous event packs (I know, I'm very late to the party)

Given power creep exists (and I'm not whinging, I'm a newer player that appreciates that aspect) however, power creep is indeed real, and these packs have been offered before, would it not make more sense to offer them at a reduced dilithium rate? Even at 500 dilithium I'd probably consider buying them. At 650 I won't.

Do long term players appreciate the chance to purchase these again, even at the original price? Should I view it more as a limited edition type of thing? Rather than a 'we've had these around before but even so we won't reduce the price'

On the other hand I already spend far too much on this game so maybe you should keep them at 650 😂😂
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I view all special packs as a way to improve the odds of specific crew. If it only has crew I need to finish, I consider it. If any of the crew I have FF I pass. The age of the cards has nothing to do with it.

Besides, there are some older cards that still have decent enough stats to be useful. Marla McGivers is still in my active crew.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do long term players appreciate the chance to purchase these again, even at the original price? Should I view it more as a limited edition type of thing? Rather than a 'we've had these around before but even so we won't reduce the price'

It's a good way for a better chance at a specific 4 if you need one of the (usually) 2 featured in the pack. I generally ignore them as I almost always already have the 4 immortal, but I did do a couple of pulls when they did the pack from Mother Horta's event a while back. I had her 3/4 from the event and so it was a good shot at immortalizing her. Ended up doing two pulls and getting another star on Spider Barclay on pull one and Mother Horta on pull two.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Besides, there are some older cards that still have decent enough stats to be useful. Marla McGivers is still in my active crew.

I was offered a behold earlier and took a second star for Marla because of your post 😊

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems that some will pull but only if deemed worth it. Even if they repeat Killys/interfaced large forge pack in the future I'll struggle with buying at 650. Suppose if you really want the crew you'll pull regardless of the price perhaps? I just like seeing the shiny boxes open! i actually struggle to pay 650 for any pack anymore. So many times its just a waste, I feel I'm better spending dilithium on voyages and crew slots when there's a sale.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Even at 'Sale' prices slots are just too much to pay for imho. I'll just keep vaulting crew :(
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly I'll pass on them, no matter the Gold, if I've got the purples immortalised.

What if it was an all Beverly Crusher legendary pack? :p

• Mostly I'll pass on them, no matter the Gold, if I've got the purples immortalised.

What if it was an all Beverly Crusher legendary pack? :p

You fight dirty!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • I took a risk on the those who are about to die pack because i needed a 4th star on tsusanke seven. And i got what i needed!
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the Tuesday new crew packs more, but I honestly look forward to the Friday deals almost as much. The 700 Dilithium I get from the monthly buy in will cover one pack. So, I will either have a nice purchase at the end of the week, or have 700 D I can spend on weekend tickets or a nice long voyage. It's a great way to pick up a final star on someone, or chance of a 5* I really kick myself for not getting first time around.
  • Do long term players appreciate the chance to purchase these again, even at the original price? Should I view it more as a limited edition type of thing? Rather than a 'we've had these around before but even so we won't reduce the price'

It's a good way for a better chance at a specific 4 if you need one of the (usually) 2 featured in the pack. I generally ignore them as I almost always already have the 4 immortal, but I did do a couple of pulls when they did the pack from Mother Horta's event a while back. I had her 3/4 from the event and so it was a good shot at immortalizing her. Ended up doing two pulls and getting another star on Spider Barclay on pull one and Mother Horta on pull two.

I buy a couple of these if I don't have any of the SR FF/FE and need one or two stars on the SR's.