Home Ready Room
Options

Event crew

I've only done a couple of events so not sure how often the event crew come up afterwards. I have got Admiral Ross in the event. Got two copies so he's 2/4*. Are any of the event crew worth 650 dilithium on the portal pull? How likely are they to come up again in future?

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a newish player. There's perhaps a possibility some crew will be featured again, but it won't be for a considerable time I would imagine. I've been playing for almost 6 months and I often buy a faction pack in an attempt to get the featured 4* fully fused. This is to improve my voyage totals rather than on an off chance a featured crew will appear again though. I don't buy galaxy packs as the crew can be FF from community rewards, so I save my dilithium for voyages and faction packs, sometimes skirmish packs. I think Admiral Ross is quite a good card to have. He has 3 skills, both myself and my OH bought packs to get him fully fused. He is my 5th best DIP and my OHs 3rd best DIP, do you think you could get the third copy from thresholds before the event finishes though? If you cannot I'd probably save the dilithium. Crew will eventually be added to the time portal. I have a few single and double copies from my earlier events, I'm sure they will be FF eventually 😊
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    In events, members of the main cast from all the Star Trek series are more likely to be featured, but Admiral Ross is not a main character - so the chance he's featured again is pretty slim. Also his skill combination (mainly COM/DIP) is so very common, even though i've only played for 2 months, my crew is already pretty saturated with this skillset. I don't think he's worth it.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no simple answer to the question, but as Flay said, variants of main cast characters are the most likely to repeat. Beyond that, as long as space isn't an issue, keep anyone that is strong for your crew, or that fills a need (ex: a trait needed to unlock a node). You'll read references to the crew portal and how often it updates (which is less than anyone wishes it would) - you should not expect any new cards to show up in the portal for about 6 months.

So in your specific case - Ross is new for this event, is not main cast, and will not drop from the portal for a while. He's pretty decent for a super-rare, but if space is an issue, you could consider airlocking him. Mirror Garak is an older card and as such is relatively weak stats-wise, but Garak does repeat in events periodically. He is currently dropping from the portal (which also includes voyages of 6+ hrs), and you can also choose an extra star for him from the Episode 7 ending. Should you use 650 Dil to try for Ross/Garak? Only you can answer that. As a new-ish player, Yar would likely help you - but don't expect to pull her (only 10% chance of the 5* card dropping from the event pack).
  • Options
    Thanks all. I'm not good enough to go further in the event so I managed to get another Ru'Afo to get him to 2/5* but my percentages are too low now to be able to try for the third copy of Ross - he's too far off, so I'd be unlikely to FF him unless I paid £9.99 for the Ross pack and was lucky and got him in the Portal. Doesn't sound like he's worth that.

I do have 2* crew that are higher diplomacy at the moment than Ross though he obviously has the potential to go much higher but at greater cost I guess.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Captain JM wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like he's worth that.

Depends on your point of view - if you have newly started out he may well be your best CMD DIP combo character - it depends how long you've been playing for. My best options in this combination are:
    CMR Kira (1/5)
    Dancing Uhura (1/5) both are legendary and are pretty comparable

Unless you have been playing for a while and have the likes of Ishka, Rossof then Ross has decent CMD DIP base stats for what you currently have. ( I also have these two, but froze them for space.)

The advantage Ross has also over those two is he has 3 skills so he could be useful for your voyage crew as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. I'm not good enough to go further in the event so I managed to get another Ru'Afo to get him to 2/5* but my percentages are too low now to be able to try for the third copy of Ross - he's too far off, so I'd be unlikely to FF him unless I paid £9.99 for the Ross pack and was lucky and got him in the Portal. Doesn't sound like he's worth that.

I do have 2* crew that are higher diplomacy at the moment than Ross though he obviously has the potential to go much higher but at greater cost I guess.

Getting all the copies of Ru'afo is the most important thing for almost all of us. That's an accomplishment that will serve your crew much longer than getting Admiral Ross. I immortalized all the super-rare crew from the first mega event -- the Borg. None but Mirror Phlox is still in my active lineup. But the Borg Queen (who was the Ru'afo of that event) still pays huge dividends.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Captain JMCaptain JM ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I've only been playing for a few weeks so Ross probably does have the potential to be better than most of what I've got currently.
    I just levelled up my first crew member to 100 FF/FE if that gives any indication :)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting all the copies of Ru'afo is the most important thing for almost all of us. That's an accomplishment that will serve your crew much longer than getting Admiral Ross. I immortalized all the super-rare crew from the first mega event -- the Borg. None but Mirror Phlox is still in my active lineup. But the Borg Queen (who was the Ru'afo of that event) still pays huge dividends.

Agreed. Mirror Phlox still has gauntlet, voyage, and arena usage for me and the Borg Queen is still my top COM base (and is not too far behind Mirror Picard for combined). The other 4*s I got FF are all in the freezer, with Tolian Soran at 3/4* from drops since he went into the premium portal pool. In fact, the next oldest mega event 4* I actually still use is Mirror Mayweather - all the rest are either partially fused or on ice while Kortar, T’Kuvma, and Mirror Picard are used constantly.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

100% the most important thing for you to concentrate on right now. Already he is my best engineer, I think you'll use him for a really long time. I've managed to get two other legendary crew from mega events this way and it is an absolute game changer for newer players.

Also, wanted to say congrats on your first immortilised crew! Who is it? Much as I'd like to say my first was Seven it was actually Data, Seven was my 2nd 😊
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    100% the most important thing for you to concentrate on right now. Already he is my best engineer, I think you'll use him for a really long time. I've managed to get two other legendary crew from mega events this way and it is an absolute game changer for newer players.

Also, wanted to say congrats on your first immortilised crew! Who is it? Much as I'd like to say my first was Seven it was actually Data, Seven was my 2nd 😊

Thanks Seven of One. It's Lt Tasha Yar. I needed her for elite cadet challenges and I just about had all the equipment so it was relatively easy to get her from 60 to 100.

Yes Ru'Afo is proving really useful and is excellent for engineering and handy with 3 skills too.