Home Ready Room

So disappointed

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I played harder than I have ever done for a faction event and was constantly in the 600 range...

Until this morning.

I timed it all and even ran two gold speedups and paid dilithium for quick recovery right at the end. One didn't quite make it.

ecuy9p0z2kek.jpg

Never again, DB.

Never again. With the constant increase of players, it is nearly impossible to succeed in these events. I used most of my resources and almost 200 dilithium as well as all the citations and careful timing.

Comments

• Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    consider yourself lucky i can't even break the 10k mark despite trying my best honestly i will have better luck in the Skirmish and i bet you will as well
  • edited August 2018
    Well that is interesting. Faction events usually don't have that big of a swing right at the end. The other events, yes forget about it. They are heavily P2W loaded, and since DB doesn't seem to care that it is possible to hide your real position in those events, a swing of hundreds even a thousand positions is the norm.

To me, it looks like you are on a crux, there is an amount of time that is needed to build enough immortalized toons to compete. You probably are right on the mark of getting top 1k's. Don't give up, it will become more consistent. My time was probably about 3/4 a year before I was a contender.

Another factor, is the 1k toon desirability. Perv's will whip out moma's credit card to get into that level, that's about the only reason I can think of such a high swing on this event. Man that was a windfall for DB too, as you stated it can't be cheap to push up in a faction.

I wish I could give you my Poogly Water Yar. I despised Crosby when the series started, was glad to see her go. It will be my first ever airlocked 5 star out the get go. Aviator Yar almost went, but engineering is so scarce, she is hanging on by a wrench.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    We met on the leaderboard on few times, I remember seeing you. Did you set your alarm overnight? That's what made the difference for me. Not for the first two days but I did last night and the night before. Wouldn't have made it if I didn't.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never put that much work in again.
  • I don’t like shuttle events myself.
  • I think the competition was for the Arena value of the Yar

After 24hours, The yo-yo every 3 hours was about 300 spots (i was ranking 700-1000). It wasn't until I ran enough 3* time boosts that I got my self into a yo-yo for ranks 400-700.

As to crew, you only needed 14, and it wasn't needed to be elite, and I believe I used

3/4 Dominion Dukat, (monthly award crew)(event crew)
    2-3/5 Ru'afo (event crew)
    5/5 T'Kvuma (freebie 4/5, Lots of Cmd/Sec this event)
    5/5 Mirror Picard (freebie 5/5, Lots of Cmd/Sec this event)
    1/5 Changeling Founder (event crew)
    4/4 Diseased Founder (crew awarded previous week) (event crew)
    4/4 Human Q (Eng/Sci complement for Ru'afo for a certain mission)
    4/4 Warship Yar (event crew)
    4/4 First Goran"Ager (event crew)
    4/4 Mirror Garak (event crew)
    4/4 Duelist Yar (somewhat recent event crew)
    4/4 Weyoun 4 (somewhat recent event crew)
    4/4 Admiral Ross (though i didn't put him together until i got his 5* belt, event crew)
    5/5 Harcourt Fenton Mudd (my best high Dip for shuttle)

so i would suspect a lot of ppl would of had quality to work with?
    I used the 2x boosts for overnight, i need my sleep
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlike the other event types, faction events get easier the longer you play. Which also makes them tough for newer players. Sounds like you are near the critical threshold, so keep trying.
    The race was tight. One more passing shuttle would have made it. My last one with huge boost and dilithium recall failed. I've never spent before in a faction event and never will again.

DB really needs to restructure rewards.

And yes, it was all about the arena.
  • I think the competition was for the Arena value of the Yar

They really are trashing the Arena at breakneck speed. Two second initialization for 375% damage? What a brilliant idea...

Unlike the other event types, faction events get easier the longer you play. Which also makes them tough for newer players. Sounds like you are near the critical threshold, so keep trying.

That would be more true if there were not a constant increase of players. For faction events the established will always maintain. Breaking in is just too hard.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a few long-time players are starting to quit the game, so there is hope. :)

That would be more true if there were not a constant increase of players. For faction events the established will always maintain. Breaking in is just too hard.

I'm sorry you've got me a bit confused. It's reads like your saying the problem is a constant influx of new players but also that the established players monopolize the event? I don't think the newer players really impact the top 1000 in events, you need good crew, and that takes time.

I've tracked my progress through every faction event, and the first one I played, in February, I ranked at 27,171. My next was 11,781. Then 9891.
    The one that finished today, i ranked at 929.
    I opened every boost pack I get doing the Thursday challenges and used all the 3* boosts I had (19 of them) I recalled one mission in the last 5 minutes at a cost of 143 dilithium. I didn't buy any extra boost packs. I did set alarms throughout the last two nights and woke up every three hours to send shuttles out. I have spent the last couple of weeks FE every dominion crew I have, I've worked really hard, and its been really fun.

My OH has been playing half an hour longer than I have. However, he plays lots of other games, both through his phone and on his PS4. He plays all different games both single and multiplayer games. I don't, i play just this game. I have double the immortilised crew that he does. I'm two VIP levels higher than he is (hes saving for some new PS4 game on preorder). He did not wake up during the night (which, i dont blame him, its bloody madness to wake up every three hours for some sodding pretty pixels on my phone). He did not spend any dilithium.
    These are just some of the reason why I ranked at 929 and he ranked at 3500.

I really understand your frustration at your rank, you worked really hard and it wasnt quite enough. However its not entirely fair to bash both new players, and established players, in one post. Some of the more established players in my fleet didn't bother with this event at all, some are on holiday, some are working overtime, some just aren't interested in the new legendary. Some events are harder tha others depending on the popularity.

I am absolutely sure your time to shine will come, very soon if you are so close already, and it will be all the sweeter for it 😊 in the meantime, work on the crew you have that have great base stats, and you'll be even stronger next faction

I'm sorry you've got me a bit confused. It's reads like your saying the problem is a constant influx of new players but also that the established players monopolize the event? I don't think the newer players really impact the top 1000 in events, you need good crew, and that takes time.

I obviously want clear. Sorry. And no bashing inten8to new or old players. What I meant was that when the events were new, it was easier to get top 1000 because there were fewer players. Players become more advanced and do better. Generally the longer one plays, the better they can do. Then people like me come along and start doing well and competing for top 1000. This pushes some experienced players back. In this case, I'm the new person coming in. People like me mean it is harder for established players to maintain top 1000, but then the players after me have it even harder. This is not to diminish new or old. It is to suggest that DB needs to rethink the top 1000 mark. Established players will always have an advantage, which is fine since I'm becoming one. But there is a line where a player says "forget this; I have no chance so why bother?" I'm feeling like I might do well if I keep pushing, but to what end? I'll feel better in a day or so, but how many people after me will be even harder pressed to succeed? I've been at this 10 months and this is the best I can do. How much harder for anyone starting now to envision getting top 1000? By the time the new guy gets here, there will be more of us. When people feel there is no chance, they stop trying, which will get DB less revenue, which will not help the game. If the top 1000 were percentage-based, I might still easily fail, but I would believe it more possible to succeed next time. I just don't think it possible to win next time. This is no blame to old players and no blame to influx of new players. Threshold on faction events becomes easier the more you play, but top 1000 becomes harder the longer the reward remains a diminishing percentage of the players. Everyone, new and established, gets better each time. Some faster than others, which allows me to beat out older players to a degree. Skirmish and Galaxy can be fought over by chronitons and time, but faction (aside from those willing to pay a ton of money) relies on a good crew. I have reached the point where I don't mind faction events as I can get the threshold crew, but if I want top 1000, it is the worst of the events.

That all rambles something fierce. Go ahead an dismiss it as as an annoyed person ranting to clear his mind and go about your business.
    Quite a few long-time players are starting to quit the game, so there is hope. :)

I realize you are joking, but...

I don't want long-time players to quit. I like having the veteran players to help us. I also want to think that I can still enjoy the game in a year or two. If the veteran players leave, why would I want to be one? And I'm trying to become one. It is something DB needs to work on.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's simply a case of more people entering the event then its a simple case of expanding the rewards by percentage rather than arbitrary stagnant numbers - this is done in Arena and it puzzles me, why it can't be done for events.

I empathise with the OP - the Killy event was this for me. Fortunately for this event I had enough time boosts for this event. But I was also lucky enough to have decent crew for this one. Including already immortal Garak and I had already given a citation on Ru'afo.

But now I am washed out on time boosts. So yeah I find faction events very bitter sweet.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I feel for ya David ...

I myself have only managed a top 1000 finish twice, and funny enough both were Faction events:
    - Imperial Decree - got me Mirror Data.
    - The Honor of Andoria - got me Away Team Saru.
    I wasn't really keen on either of those two, but hey they aren't bad for Voyages.

Both were a part of mega events and so I had a ton of bonus crew. That's the only reason I can think of ... didn't use time boosts outside of the ramp up and no dil either.

My main "hinderance" is life happening around me ... this time I was sitting well in top 1000 ... but then I missed half a day of sending out shuttles and then later on Sunday again a couple of batches to finish around 1400.
    The two times I got top 1000 I was able to send out shuttles on a constant basis (did not wake up overnight) and was lucky with my overnight shuttles, going 4/4 on almost all (e.g. I had a 2/4 this time around with a 70+% and three 85+% shuttles, ah well).

I am far from what would be termed a "whale" (e.g. "only" have 34 5*s, most as 1/5), but I've been at it for ages so have built up quite an extensive crew. Also this game is a ways down the list of where I need to focus my attention during the day (e.g. young kids, work, hobbies that require me to be outside, usually with sketchy cellular connection etc. etc.).

So ... if someone like me can do it, I'm sure you can in the near future (without the crazy amount of effort some people put into it).
    Good luck!
    Ah, thank you for clarifying, I understand what you mean now 😊

I think, like many things, there are a couple of sides to the problem. I do agree that for the sheer amount of effort and/or money put into events, that a better reward structure would be very well recieved. For a start I'd add 2 x copies of the legendary from rank 100. I think its very unfair that someone ranking at 50 gets more or less the same as someone at 950. I do realise the merits and trainers go up aling with rank but they are so easy to get from other sources that it becomes a little irrelevant to me.
    Conversely I also wonder if doing this (restructure the rewards) would increase competition to the extent that I wouldn't get a look in either....

My OH also feels like top 1000 isn't a realistic goal, so he gets round this by pulling packs (maybe DB realise this and keep it that way) and his rank meant he couldn't even get the extra copies of Mirror Garak he needed either. I should perhaps state at this point he has a job, where he works a minimum of 11 hours a day, everyday. He has 2 days off every 3 weeks. He simply cannot check on his shuttle's as often as he needs to. He did pull 2 packs with dilithium, and was rewarded with Ross and Garak. He buys the monthly card but he won't really spend any more money than that. He'd probably make a bit more of an effort and spend more if the rewards were better. I do believe the Q&A session stated there were no plans to change it though, so he continue to spend his spare cash with Sony instead.
  • Unlike the other event types, faction events get easier the longer you play. Which also makes them tough for newer players. Sounds like you are near the critical threshold, so keep trying.

I've tracked my progress through every faction event, and the first one I played, in February, I ranked at 27,171. My next was 11,781. Then 9891.
    The one that finished today, i ranked at 929.
    I opened every boost pack I get doing the Thursday challenges and used all the 3* boosts I had (19 of them) I recalled one mission in the last 5 minutes at a cost of 143 dilithium. I didn't buy any extra boost packs. I did set alarms throughout the last two nights and woke up every three hours to send shuttles out. I have spent the last couple of weeks FE every dominion crew I have, I've worked really hard, and its been really fun.

My OH has been playing half an hour longer than I have. However, he plays lots of other games, both through his phone and on his PS4. He plays all different games both single and multiplayer games. I don't, i play just this game. I have double the immortilised crew that he does. I'm two VIP levels higher than he is (hes saving for some new PS4 game on preorder). He did not wake up during the night (which, i dont blame him, its bloody madness to wake up every three hours for some sodding pretty pixels on my phone). He did not spend any dilithium.
    These are just some of the reason why I ranked at 929 and he ranked at 3500.

I really understand your frustration at your rank, you worked really hard and it wasnt quite enough. However its not entirely fair to bash both new players, and established players, in one post. Some of the more established players in my fleet didn't bother with this event at all, some are on holiday, some are working overtime, some just aren't interested in the new legendary. Some events are harder tha others depending on the popularity.

I am absolutely sure your time to shine will come, very soon if you are so close already, and it will be all the sweeter for it 😊 in the meantime, work on the crew you have that have great base stats, and you'll be even stronger next faction

All good points. The problem is, they are based on the idea the game was made to last...
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to compete EVERY event....save your resources...pick one you REALLY want and go after it.....I finished 81 in this one...12th against the BROS (burned over 300 time boosts on that one)....but 11,000 in the one before that...nothing wrong with thresholds and out!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Did we just crash the DB servers?
  • Did we just crash the DB server?
  • TonyZeeTonyZee ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I am pretty new to the game, started in April after Star Trek Sh*itposting on FB wouldn't shut up about it. I ranked 238 in skirmish this weekend spending $50 bucks on the dilithium boosts.

I just do my duty on shuttle missions, collect my paltry rewards, and dont get competitive about them, as I have only two level 100 legendary fully fused. I think in a few months as I spend honor on fusing legendaries and getting behold, I'll consider getting competitive with them.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the shuttle events. I can't get a lot of rewards but it's not using up any other resources while I'm doing them so it's not too big of a deal.