Home The Bridge

Is he worth it?

TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
With 250k honor burning a hole in my pocket, I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking of getting Kahless but I'm wondering what kind of ROI I can expect. I'd be getting him purely for Gauntlet, since I have no intention of spending another 200k fusing him. I already have most of the other Gauntlet beasts immortalized:

Guinan
Seven of Nine
Mirror Picard
Surak
Locutus (not ff but fe)
Gowron (likewise)

so I'm wondering: is Kahless worth it? Alternately, I'll probably just get a few more stars to ff several other golds -- The One (Lore), Mirror Spock, a few others.

Comments

• sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    If I didn't have Gowron, I might get him. As it is, I find them to be far too similar to spend honor on.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    If I didn't have Gowron, I might get him. As it is, I find them to be far too similar to spend honor on.

Dang it, forgot to list him. Fixed.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it’s just for gauntlet, forget it. I found I can lose 6 out of 7 matches with or without Khaless, The Caretaker, Guinan....
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I haven’t missed or regretted not having him for gauntlet. FF he’s got a very impressive voyage score IIRC. Personally I’d still rather grab two cites than Kahless since I have some 5s where citing can improve my overall crew.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider FFing Locutus. He has a comparable voyage score. I don't regret FFing my Kahless. He makes it on many of my voyages and comes with pretty decent voyage traits.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have one or more of Mirror Picard, Revolutionary Damar, or Enabran Tain, Kahless isn’t a must-have for the gauntlet in COM/SEC and as others have noted there are better COM/DIP options like Chancellor Gowron or Admiral Nechayev. I imagine Kahless owners enjoy when he matches all three traits, though in my opinion that isn’t frequent enough to warrant the added expense of acquiring him.

If you get him, I would recommend it be for voyage assistance...personally, I wouldn’t spend 300k honor on him for that purpose but your mileage may vary. The Level 100 spreadsheet shows that he is the C/S/D crew with the highest voyage score, with everyone ahead of him missing at least one of those three skills (The Caretaker is the only one without COM or DIP). I imagine you could apply 300,000 honor to two or more other legendary crew and get more total help for voyages, however, so there’s that.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy him for gauntlet, keep him for voyages. That's where he really shines.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    16K gauntlet rounds w/o him. Taken my share of lumps from him, beaten him up plenty of times in return. He's great, but not indispensable (in my view).

Several folks saying he rocks voyages, but if you are not swayed from your original comment that you will not use 200K honor to FF him, then it seems to me that you should lean towards "no".
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't regret getting Kahless but I got him as soon as I could scrape together 100K after his release.

Locutus is your best bet since the Borg Collection can't get be completed without 5*'s, he's a Voyage monster and he's a Picard for events. He's also part of the Diplomat collection.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember you'll get one from gauntlet achievement.
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    I decided to wait a bit more for Kahless and went ahead and got 3 citations for Locutus, immortalizing him. I know he's a gaunlet reward eventually but given my progress there -- <3000 rounds after 15 months of playing -- I will probably leave the game before I get to that point.

And Locutus was pretty much the only character I wanted when I started playing, he's basically my great white whale.

Thanks all for your input. Feel free to tell me what a terrible decision I've made...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasker wrote: »
    I decided to wait a bit more for Kahless and went ahead and got 3 citations for Locutus, immortalizing him. I know he's a gaunlet reward eventually but given my progress there -- <3000 rounds after 15 months of playing -- I will probably leave the game before I get to that point.

And Locutus was pretty much the only character I wanted when I started playing, he's basically my great white whale.

Thanks all for your input. Feel free to tell me what a terrible decision I've made...

Nah, you chose wisely. I base my decisions as a fan first and foremost. And my position on Locutus is the same as yours. He’s also my white whale but I still don’t have one

• I eventually plan to get him, purely for "must have list". I consistently beat him gauntlet with a bunch of other crew, so...he should retire from gauntlet.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasker wrote: »

That sounds like a great decision. Although I’ve held back on citing him to 4/5* (I think I will hit 20,000 rounds before quitting) because I am loaded on DIP/SCI crew and need more ENG help, I don’t begrudge anyone else such a choice - especially when it is a favorite character.