Home Engineering Room

App crashed 20+ times today

So, completely at random, the STT app crashed, over and over and over. all day long.

About 1/4 of the time it was when I tried to do a ad-warp. different ads, so that wasn't it.

I wasn't even going to complain because I thought deleting and reinstalling should fix it right? Maybe it would get the shuttles to notify too?

Wrong. The FIRST TIME I launched it after logging back in from reinstalling, it just crashed for no reason. The background animation freezes, then it just quits. I didn't even have time to press any icons to do anything when it froze.

iOS 10, iPad 4.
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had so many problems with the iPad 2 that I stopped trying. I use my phone. I hope you t works out for you.
  • I have NEVER had this problem, and I have been playing STT on this iPad for over a year & a half. And the iPad2 is far inferior to this one for many reasons. But yeah, I have mentioned to @Shan that I need to upgrade to the latest.

Update:
    warp 1 for an item: completed, press "complete" – crash
    rebooted, main screen pressed arena button – crash
    got all the way through round of gauntlet, press on crew button – crash

all in 10 minutes.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have NEVER had this problem, and I have been playing STT on this iPad for over a year & a half. And the iPad2 is far inferior to this one for many reasons. But yeah, I have mentioned to @Shan that I need to upgrade to the latest.

Update:
    warp 1 for an item: completed, press "complete" – crash
    rebooted, main screen pressed arena button – crash
    got all the way through round of gauntlet, press on crew button – crash

all in 10 minutes.

Has anything changed, like an ios update?
  • Mr. Wes Esq.Mr. Wes Esq. ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Shan I’ve just started having the problems. First it was slow, so I tried to restart and now it won’t load. No recent IOS update, nor anything else I can notice. I’m using an ipad pro.
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    No iOS update. I hard rebooted the iPad a couple times. Seemed to fix for a while, then went back to crashing a few times. I gave up for the day because it was too frustrating.

Latest I can figure: I NEVER get the in-game messages to take a break, so perhaps it wants to but something gets stuck in the code on the server side and locks my game instead?

If I only play in spurts, it seems to crash less...

Or maybe it's just the dang heat.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest I can figure: I NEVER get the in-game messages to take a break, so perhaps it wants to but something gets stuck in the code on the server side and locks my game instead?

AFAIK the pop-up is only during certain events. At least I haven't seen it since the last galaxy event.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan I’ve just started having the problems. First it was slow, so I tried to restart and now it won’t load. No recent IOS update, nor anything else I can notice. I’m using an ipad pro.

This was likely due to a short outage that occurred last night.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No iOS update. I hard rebooted the iPad a couple times. Seemed to fix for a while, then went back to crashing a few times. I gave up for the day because it was too frustrating.

If I only play in spurts, it seems to crash less...

Or maybe it's just the dang heat.

How much free space on your Ipad? That could be the issue too.
  • well over 2.3 Gigs available.

It has now inexplicably stabilized. Maybe it just needed a rest. LOL