Home The Bridge

Can we PLEASE have a 24 hours timer on offers

Portal Update ✔
10x10 for £8.99 offer ✔
Having to get a G Play card by 0520 to take advantage of said offer ❌

Can you please let us have 24 hours to get these offers - some of us live in rural communities where we have to travel to find a shop that sells Play cards and you're missing out on our money. This would be an offer I bought twice otherwise.
Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur. I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t put a 24 hour timer because it increases the chances of sales
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Totally agree.
    Does time zones play a factor?
    If someone checks on the game before going to sleep, will the offer start?
    If so with 12 hours they probably will just give up on it.

Even if time zones not a factor, 24 hours makes a little more sense.

Though I guess the problem is the trigger for an offer can occur in the last minute. This would mean the offer would be active for 24 hours the next day.
    But still DB has handled multiple offers before.

Another possibility let the person put the offer on hold for 24 hours. Meaning they need to submit payment in the next 24 hours to get offer.
    Better to go with 24 hour timer easier to implement.
  • Portal Update ✔
    10x10 for £8.99 offer ✔

Can you please let us have 24 hours to get these offers - some of us live in rural communities where we have to travel to find a shop that sells Play cards and you're missing out on our money. This would be an offer I bought twice otherwise.

Same situation & it would help
    ~ seeking out new life
  • A while back, due to a game error when signing in, i couldn't buy a special offer that was up. I contacted cs to see what they could do. They were willing to add the extra dil (it was for the 10 dollar dil overload) and consider it as the deal. This was all after the timer on the offer ended. Now im not sure if they will do this if there was not error or outage, but the way i see it, it cant hurt to ask and i would think (certainly hope) that they would do it as db will be making 💲💲
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same situation, not too bothered as it's only dB who looses money by having offers expire while I'm sleeping.
    DB: Do Better
  • if you really want to spend money, you should buy extra credits so you are ready to spend.

and of course buy them when there is discount.

i did that and since I don’t spend money except occasional vip monthly, i have been using those to pay my netflix. Good deal!
  • A simple solution that makes all parties happy:
    either:
    A) Offers have 24hr timers AND a global dismiss button
    or
    2) Offers are all pushed to a new 'area' and are global/universal for all, with timers, but no popups so no need to dismiss.

Easy Peasy. I would welcome a different perspective to elaborate problems that could stem from either of those two.

or III) Both. So that DB still benefits from having the popups noticeable when they are first active, but dismissed offers are still available in the new area (probably the portal).
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portal Update ✔
    10x10 for £8.99 offer ✔

I have said this repeatedly. Offers for 12 hours the day before the most common pay day of the week baffles me. Lost revenue and whatnot.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Normally I would agree with everyone here but I see this deal as using a different marketing strategy. It's only available for a short time on purpose--it's a crazy good deal and they want you to feel pressured to make an impulse purchase. They won't benefit financially from keeping that one around for 24 hours as much as you think. On the other hand, all the usual deals for event packs, etc. make sense to keep around for the extent of the event since more and more players likely to become desperate for resources as the event goes on.

It's sales 101: a good deal never lasts long. If it does last long, it's not that good of a deal :)
  • Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    wow, i did not realize anyone in 2018 would not have a debit card, I've had one since I turned 16 and I'm 35 now. They also take paypal which can be linked to a savings or checking account.
  • But DB - if you implement 24h offers PLEASE give me a "i'm not interessted in this offer button".

One that DELETS the offer. I have not the nerves to take 24h of "Fly the fleet" or "DYC Mirror Kirk" "incredible deal 1 Honour only 500€" or stuff like that.

Do we have a deal?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the reason they don't give the option to dismiss an offer is that they want it to be "in your face" for as long as possible in the hopes that you eventually give in and buy it.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I play G5e games. They pop these things up while you are getting ready to close another window hoping to get you to accidentally purchase it.
    I made the mistake of using one touch pay. I must have clicked on one of these just after seeing a STT alert. Because when I hit the home button, I waited a couple seconds, at which point an Apple purchase screen popped up it took my click two seconds after the fact as confirmation of purchase.

I went to my purchases I clicked on something (I think was equivalent to saying I accidentally purchased) but it just errored out, somewhere I was able to Email them. No problem they refunded me.

I made sure I deactivated the one touch pay then. It had happened before but it was only $0.99. I did not bother with refund on that one. But what I deactivated I think was Apple Pay and what I needed to deactivate was iTunes and Ap store.
    Kind of makes sense to me now. But I was thinking in game purchases were Apple Pay.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nicole K wrote: »
    wow, i did not realize anyone in 2018 would not have a debit card, I've had one since I turned 16 and I'm 35 now. They also take paypal which can be linked to a savings or checking account.

It's not that they necessarily don't have one. For many various reasons some prefer to not have any type of account linked to something like an app/movie/music/book store and prefer to strictly use gift cards.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Normally I would agree with everyone here but I see this deal as using a different marketing strategy. It's only available for a short time on purpose--it's a crazy good deal and they want you to feel pressured to make an impulse purchase. They won't benefit financially from keeping that one around for 24 hours as much as you think. On the other hand, all the usual deals for event packs, etc. make sense to keep around for the extent of the event since more and more players likely to become desperate for resources as the event goes on.

It's sales 101: a good deal never lasts long. If it does last long, it's not that good of a deal :)

You beat me to it! And just to add, it is such an incredible deal, that they know people will find a way to buy it if they really want it.

Shifting gears to another idea mentioned in this thread, I do like the "dismiss" idea. I've lost track of the amount of times I've set a timer to recall a voyage just in the nick of time only to load up the game and have to swat down a handful of offers I've already rejected before I have a chance to address the urgency of my voyage.