Home Ready Room
Options

Begold help

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
90sgjtzht6t7.png
Pretty meh 2 star which would you choose
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    - Bashir - I'm not a fan ... and I have Augment O'Brien, who has the exact same skills. But ... Bashir is main crew, so there's that.

- Rejac - ooh, yeah, just for the looks. Positives are Klingon (for Klingon events) and he has a higher base SEC than Bashir, which my crew needs. Sure SEC/CMD but ... meh, the others are bland also.
    EDIT: And if we have another Discovery-themed mega-event when the new season rolls around he just might be part of the bonus crew.

- Soong - maybe, if I didn't have a 1/5 FE Degra already (who hardly ever use now-a-days). I have his skills covered by multiple 5* crew (from Surak, to Sevens, to La Forge to Saru to ...)

All three part part of a collection.
    Both Bashir and Rejac are event crew and there are multiple Bashir events.

--> I'd go with my gut/interests and pick up Rejac. But I know some people love Bashir.
  • Options
    I'm glad I was thinking alike i too need to improve Security, i thought Bashir maybe for mirror universe trait but Discovery is likely to come up more sooner. Rejac it is.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I was thinking alike i too need to improve Security, i thought Bashir maybe for mirror universe trait but Discovery is likely to come up more sooner. Rejac it is.

Hope it works out for you! You'll see that Bashir is event crew right after this mega. :)

I've made gut picks before that have turned out to be quite poor for game progress, but I'm still glad I have them on my crew (e.g. Orion Vina, Suliban Reed, the Age of Sail crew) and they are of use once in a blue moon.
    Rejac could potentially fit in that category ... though he would be my #6 SEC at the moment (including the likes of T'Kuvma and Mirror Picard ... who I'd ideally use for CMD). Bashir would be around #8 or 9.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three are pretty bad. I would have gone with Bashir just because he is main cast and the other two are one-ofs. Yea, there might be a Klingon event at some point, but 1/5 Rejac wouldn't crack my crew even then.
  • Options
    It's a sacrifice in game effectiveness, but that Rejac card is one of the best looking in the game. I'd be tempted to pick him too.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Chalk and cheese really, from another (10x10)x2 offer just glad it wasn't an honor behold but now i can see why it is risky.

For completeness my current best SEC options are Maquis Tuvok 1/5, Mintaken Riker 4/5, Mirror Picard (immo), Warship Yar 3/4, Miror Dax 1/4.

So yeah Rejac at 1/5 not going to set the world alight but could be useful for a time for me.

(on a side note that's 60 packs now and only 1 begold - I also thought the addition of new SR crew might decrease the chances of getting duplicates sadly not)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rejac or Bashir would have worked. I get regular, albeit infrequent, use out of my 1/5 Mirror Bashir in both the gauntlet and on ENG/SEC voyages. He was also helpful in the June mega event as a Bashir variant. Rejac has a more common skill set but still qualifies for Klingon bonuses, which are likely more prevalent than Bashir or Mirror Universe bonuses.

I once got a lot of use out of Dr. Soong but he’s now worthless in the gauntlet (except maybe at 65% crit, which isn’t likely to occur), doesn’t make it on voyages, and only shows up for shuttle duty in his featured event - which probably won’t be re-run again for a while. Mine is at 3/5*, too, so a 1/5* would be worse yet for all but the most SCI-starved captains.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Fonzie! Aaaaayyyyy....
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Yep the guys in DB having a good chuckle right about now
  • Options
    I'd have gone with Bashir. With the exception of the truly top-flight crew, main characters are almost always more worthwhile.
    [TFA] Task Force April, April's Assassins
    Lvl 99, VIP 14, 939 Immortalized, 212 5* FE/FF