Home The Bridge

Should Week-old Crew Be Updated?

Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
Should DB make significant changes to crew that has only been around a week?

Should Week-old Crew Be Updated? 56 votes

Yes
30%
Sabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMIvanstoneNS111111RNGeverythingLeshyOdo MarmarosacmdrworfHappyfaceRaijinmeisterEgo Draconis[FF] Darven TravosChaoticDNAMirror CartmanJoeSage2Aldudesagima 17 votes
No
69%
Rabbuss_bonaventureizausomeeXo|cuzspicyPeachtree RexZombie Squirrel eXo | SilverRose (retired)PallidyneAntasil[10F] Fuzzy Moo·§ë· For the ManyAggeFutureImperfectaPaladin 27~peregrine~SvenLundgrenTcalMr. Lincoln[QH] Captain ZiggyGib - Admiral Mariners 39 votes

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lol I had to read that twice as I thought this was a duplicate poll. I thought it read "weak old crew" .
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, nerfing chars right after people buy/win them is basically robbing people of their "investment". There are better ways to restore balance that don't include stripping players/cards of their value.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Was going to say, just get it right the first time. That's all they gotta do.
  • Yes
    If balance demands, so yes.
  • No
    But only if the stats are unbalanced like that polywog Yar in the arena could take out a ship in 2 sec.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question? what makes a week. I got Polywater as rewards for top 15 and the DYC her. That was Monday today Wednesday she has been changed.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LOL
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    No
    Where do I vote to just not have broken stuff released in the first place?

Hey, I'd like a perfect world, too, but this is the crazy one we live in.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I vote to just not have broken stuff released in the first place?

Hear, Hear! How about evaluating and testing crew before release? Nah, that's expecting too much in this "agile" development "environment".
  • No
    I paid money for this card based solely on the Arena stats. So HELL NO.

Why should I buy event crew any longer if I have no idea if the stats will change tomorrow?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I paid money for this card based solely on the Arena stats. So HELL NO.

Why should I buy event crew any longer if I have no idea if the stats will change tomorrow?

For the pretty artwork? *snorts*
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I appreciate their quick reaction time when an obvious problem was pointed out. But I also absolutely sympathize with those who went HAM for an understandable reason. My preferred answer would be that they have some better quality control so that it simply doesn't happen again.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, never.
    Unless they do not perform the listed quality's
    They should never adjust week old crew.

I think that there should be a 3 month Nerf-less guarantee. If a character gets nerfed in the first 90 days after release anyone edu has a copy, regardless of how they gained them should receive 25,000 honor per star.

I don't want to hear "unrealistic".
    I don't want to hear "they'll never do it"

Its what they should do because the players deserve to be treated with respect and the.. lol Yar-Taring is absolutely disrespectful.
  • No
    If they do alter a character they need to offer an appropriate level of compensation. For example a gold/legendary citation / star of the character being altered.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If the crew is seriously OP in the arena or gauntlet, then yes. Nerf the crew and re-balance the game. If the crew has the wrong, or missing traits then correct them.

If DB nerfs a crew like this, then they should offer those who have spent money/honour/dilithium a refund.

We regularly see complaints here about walls of crew in the gauntlet, DB created the same for the arena, and now have addressed that problem.

The alternatives are to either bring more new crew up to the same power, or to create crew that can counter her abilities, e.g. any Data, or the oil slick thing that killed Yar.
    Leshy wrote: »
    Maybe that weak CMD guy will be a MED Gauntlet powerhouse! Maybe that obscure Klingon hologram will turn out to be another Janeway in disguise! Your brand new Dax in a bathing suit could turn out to be Q in his briefs!

Don't give DB ideas, we will end up with 20 different coffee Janeways, 15 stripy shirt Janeways, and Janeway taking a dump.

• No
    It's pretty outrageous. The nerf bat should not be applied the instant the packs go off-line. There does need to be a guaranteed 3 month use, even if they are imbalanced (according to some players, not all).

I am unable to get a copy of Locutus, others are unable to get Guinan. Gary Seven is going to be unavailable soon. Should I ask (and expect) DB to give these cards an instant nerf because I can't get them? They are over-powered in my opinion and destroy the game balance.

Some cards are strong, some are terrible. It would be better if DB instantly gives better stats to older cards that have no use any more. To provide balance.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Yes
    If DB made a mistake in the beginning (as in, somebody botched what they put in vs. what was supposed to be there), then they should fix it as soon as possible. But if they do realize that, they should announce "oops, we goofed, will be changing it Soon" even faster.

However, if they just see from data that they miscalculated and see they made something more powerful than they thought, then it should stand unless it completely breaks the game.