Home Make It So!
Options

Suggestion for rebalancing for Polywater Yar's original version [Title edited by moderator]

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Make It So!
How to rebalance
1. Change ships with cloak init time to one second.
2. Make sure that the duration and Cooldown time will allow them to be active again when Yar can become active again.
3. Change some crews evasion ability to an initial time of one second, so players have more options for evasion crew choices.

But why on the release of the Borg Sphere, which threw balance out the window, did you do nothing.

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest solution for Yar would have been to state that the 2 second activation was a mistake, apologized, and made it 6 seconds to be in line with Killy even though the instant damage output was 50% less. Problem solved without the insane backlash they are now facing.

Exactly this
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest solution for Yar would have been to state that the 2 second activation was a mistake, apologized, and made it 6 seconds to be in line with Killy even though the instant damage output was 50% less. Problem solved without the insane backlash they are now facing.

Would have been totally satisfactory to me and one less ticket for their support staff.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I got a 1F Killy I am not going to make the effort to rank 12th just to get a 3F version.
    I also would not have then bought the DYC of her.

I would have been satisfied with my top 1000 finish.

Edit:
    Though I suppose I could have been compensated by a refund of DYC and a different crew to replace the 3F of her.
  • Options

This exactly. Instead of taking an overpowered character and making her powerful, they took an overpowered character and made her underpowered. I didn't spend money (thank goodness) but I did use a lot of boosts and lost some sleep to scrape into the top 1,000. I was looking forward to using her in Skirmishes, but I'm not super upset that I won't be doing that. I know several people who spent a lot of Dilithium for her, though, and who leveled her as quickly as possible. I certainly understand their anger. Why they have burst damage before you can have counter-burst (aka cloak) is beyond me.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Intelligence Officer
  • Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved this thread to Make It So! and slightly adjusted the title.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

But why on the release of the Borg Sphere, which threw balance out the window, did you do nothing.

I gave you an awesome for this. The notion of balance here is funny.